PDA

View Full Version : bps question...

flangera23
05-27-2008, 12:42 PM
How do you change the balls per second max or whatever for 3 round burst or semi? I have seen comments on other sites about a settings option and I have read the manual and it says nothing about it. I have a 12 bps hopper and it is feeding it fine right now so I don't even know what it is set on when the box said it can go up to 20 bps. Thanks in advance for any answers.:)

DirtySouth
05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Well....I don't know if you can change the actual BPS am I pretty sure you can't. But main point, to change between 3 Round Burst and Semi-Auto, hold the bottom button for 3-4 seconds. If the LED is orange, it's in 3 Round Burst. If both LED's are green, your in Semi-Auto with the eyes on. If only the bottom LED is on and it's green, you in Semi-Auto with the eyes off.

flangera23
05-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Yeah I already knew about that but thanks anyway. I saw something the other day and it was talking about a ramping mode on a board what does ramping mean and also if anybody knows for sure about the bps question? :confused:

SUNNYboi
05-28-2008, 07:44 AM
I believe the VS markers will go as fast as you can fire with eyes on. So your marker will go as fast as your hopper can but if your fingers can't keep up then your limited to what your fingers can do.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is just a theory but I think its correct.

Ace24
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
I believe the VS markers will go as fast as you can fire with eyes on. So your marker will go as fast as your hopper can but if your fingers can't keep up then your limited to what your fingers can do.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is just a theory but I think its correct.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Ramping is three shots of semi auto and then it goes into like a three shot burst/automatic as long as you move your fingers the required speed to get the gun to ramp.

SUNNYboi
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Yep, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Ramping is three shots of semi auto and then it goes into like a three shot burst/automatic as long as you move your fingers the required speed to get the gun to ramp.

Yeah but stock VS boards dont ramp.

Paintball Freak
05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey I also heard something about changing the bps. You can access the "settings" by turning on the marker while pulling the trigger. Than I let go of the trigger and held the mode button and then pulled the trigger while holding down the mode button and it flashed red. I really don't know but its really confusing because the manuals don't say a thing about it... = (

Sorry if this was useless information but I'm as confused as flangera23...

flangera23
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey I also heard something about changing the bps. You can access the "settings" by turning on the marker while pulling the trigger. Than I let go of the trigger and held the mode button and then pulled the trigger while holding down the mode button and it flashed red. I really don't know but its really confusing because the manuals don't say a thing about it... = (

Sorry if this was useless information but I'm as confused as flangera23...

yeah exactly....and thanks for telling me what ramping is if anybody knows what is psp ramping sorry for all the questions im just trying to learn more :o

Paintball Freak
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
This is a forum, your supposed to ask questions until your hearts content lol...
Here are some things on ramping:

* PSP Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 3 shots; player must maintain 5 bps to remain ramping. Rate of fire cannot exceed 13.33 bps.
* NXL Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 3 shots; player needs only to hold down the trigger to maintain fully automatic fire. Rate of fire cannot exceed 13.33 bps.
* Millennium Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 6 bps; player must maintain 6 bps to maintain fully automatic fire. Rate of fire cannot exceed 12 bps. (This is true in some but not all markers.)

flangera23
05-28-2008, 05:01 PM
This is a forum, your supposed to ask questions until your hearts content lol...
Here are some things on ramping:

* PSP Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 3 shots; player must maintain 5 bps to remain ramping. Rate of fire cannot exceed 13.33 bps.
* NXL Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 3 shots; player needs only to hold down the trigger to maintain fully automatic fire. Rate of fire cannot exceed 13.33 bps.
* Millennium Ramping - Ramping kicks in after 6 bps; player must maintain 6 bps to maintain fully automatic fire. Rate of fire cannot exceed 12 bps. (This is true in some but not all markers.)

Hey thanks man but now I'm pretty much out of questions other than the vs1 settings thing but nobody seems for sure on that...:confused: ill hit you up if i have any more questions

deano 177
05-29-2008, 08:25 AM
In my VS3's case(the only differance btwn the boards is that in the VS1 you will have eyes in burst): You will get three shots for every one pull when in burst mode. There is no "ramp". It is a straight 3 to 1. If you let off of the trigger before the third shot the marker stops shooting. I think the stock boards shoot a maximum 10 - 12 bps when in this mode. So, even if you are faster than that with your fingers, it will still only shoot 10 to 12 bps. The only way to get faster bps is to walk the trigger in full semi or get another board.

SUNNYboi
05-29-2008, 10:50 AM
In my VS3's case(the only differance btwn the boards is that in the VS1 you will have eyes in burst): You will get three shots for every one pull when in burst mode. There is no "ramp". It is a straight 3 to 1. If you let off of the trigger before the third shot the marker stops shooting. I think the stock boards shoot a maximum 10 - 12 bps when in this mode. So, even if you are faster than that with your fingers, it will still only shoot 10 to 12 bps. The only way to get faster bps is to walk the trigger in full semi or get another board.

The manual says that. In 3 shotburst eyes are off automaticly. When eyes are off in whatever mode the gun will not shoot more then 10bps to reduce the chance of chopping. With eyes on, if the hopper is faster then your fingers, then it will shoot at the speed of your fingers. If your fingers are faster then your hopper, then it will shoot at the rate of your hopper.

The only way to actually SET a max rate of fire is a aftermarket board. Simple. The red lights when are lit up when you hold the trigger and turn on are most likely a error code. Since it most likely boots up with the trigger logic in the O position. But by holding the trigger, your starting it in the I postion which probably causes a error in the programming and give you the code.

Now this is seriously a thory. If that's actually how the board works then thank my electronics degree :)

Paintball Freak
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
So are you saying its a bad thing when both LED lights are flashing orange?
I think if it was really a settings setup the manual would say something about it... So yeah you may be right...

SUNNYboi
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Both flashing orange is 3shot burst.....didnt you say they flash red?

Paintball Freak
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
3 shot burst doesn't blink orange, its a solid orange. IDK

flangera23
05-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Like I have heard before it might be the settings but the manual says nothing about it...

Paintball Freak
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Wow this is an issue that seems to have no answer.

deano 177
06-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I think the bottom line is that if you want to ramp and shoot faster you will need an aftermarket board. The blinking lights could be battery failure or low batt. If you have it on burst with eyes on and it goes low batt or batt failure you will see this blinking.
The manual says that. No kidding? I must be a genius.