PDA

View Full Version : PVC clip idea

Andude
05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok this is by no means my idea. I took S&S's PVC clip and that new Archon hopper (http://cgi.ebay.com/Archons-NEW-Revolutionary-200-Round-Gravity-fed-hopper_W0QQitemZ140233946167QQihZ004QQcategoryZ711 57QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem) and kinda combined the two.

I heard what S&S was saying about compensating for the blow back and thought of stuff until my mid wandered back to the Archon. I was already thinking about a two way version of S&S's mod and when I remembered what it said in the auction for the Archons, I figured this could work.

It'd work just like S&S's but with paint coming from both sides. But when you shoot and you get the blowback, the paintballs would get blown back up into the tube. This might prevent that because paintball would merely come back up and hit the padding (which is the white line at the top of the tee in the diagram). It doesn't necesarily need padding but it definitly could prevent balls from breaking as a result of blowback. It be angled up just enought so that the paintballs would roll down into the tee/feedneck.

Now there was one possible jam that I can see (pointed to in the diagram). When the paintballs from the 2 clips meet it's possible that it may jam.
Here's the diagram:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/BananaMunch19/sniperhoppermod-1.jpg

Each clip would hold 10-15 paintballs (yours hold 20ish, right S&S?) and there'd be 2, so thats 20-30 paintballs with 2 loaded clips(obvious, I know, but thought I might as well say it :D ). If anyone wants to make this, it'd be greatly apreciated. I can't because my Pilot just got stolen and luckily i was able to scrape up enough moola for an MR1, but it's still on the way, and I'd like to have a gun with me for measurements.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks!

VS3 Sniper
05-26-2008, 07:19 PM
If i'm not mistaken some member on here bought one of those archon hoppers a while ago and said it sucked.

Andude
05-27-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah I've heard mixed reviews about it but some people say they're great and this isn't exactly the same so ehh what the heck, right?

Any other opinions? It'd really be great to get some feedback on this :)

cyberthrasher_706
05-27-2008, 10:06 AM
The archon hopper sucks when you compare it to what they advertise it as, yes. It is in no way a replacement for a forcefed/electronic hopper. But, it is a decent gravity hopper and shouldn't be mistaken for anything else. It's that simple. This idea could work. The only problem I see with that jam is if the spring have such a heavy tension that it doesn't allow the center ball to fall because of the other 2 squeezing on it. It would take really light springs and less of an angle.

Andude
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Well I don't think I'd be using springs, but the problem I'm having is actually finding a tee that has slightly bigger angles; all I can find is 90 degree tees.
Maybe the clips themselves could be bent up a little bit about 1/4" out from the end of the tee.

And I'm still looking for an answer to that jam. The tiled tubes my be enough to jam that spot even without the springs.

bamf-hacker
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Or you could just make a stick feed out of some copper pipe and a 90* elbow.

Your design is very similar to a stock class stick feed.

http://www.generaljoes.com/Search/images/tubeloader.jpg

slim and shady
05-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond im only homw on weekends lattly. I think that this is a great idea and could yeild great resaults however. I have never seen a fitting with a slightly larger angle like that so it kinda throws the idea out. If a person could get some T fittings like that though it would be great because it wouldnt matter what way your gun was tipped it would feed as is the problem with most stick mags that dont have springs. Good job Shady gives it a thumbs up maby two if you could find a fitting like that ;)

Andude
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
oh sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread. totally forgot :D

anyway I still haven't found anything better that actually bending the tubes themselve very close to the tee. do you think that could work?