PDA

View Full Version : ACS Bolt Break In

Adampff
05-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Ok well I am going to be trying to break in my Spyder Pilot's ACS bolt. But I have a few questions.:p

1.) Is the spring that I need to compress the one that is right in the back of the gun and is pretty long?

2.) I have a refurbished Spyder Pilot, is my ACS already broken in?:confused:

3.) How many times will I have to compress the spring for it be broken in?

Thanks for the help and if I have any more questions I will let you guys know, thank you.:D

Sandman_Bravo
05-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Ok well I am going to be trying to break in my Spyder Pilot's ACS bolt. But I have a few questions.:p

1.) Is the spring that I need to compress the one that is right in the back of the gun and is pretty long?

2.) I have a refurbished Spyder Pilot, is my ACS already broken in?:confused:

3.) How many times will I have to compress the spring for it be broken in?

Thanks for the help and if I have any more questions I will let you guys know, thank you.:D

1- No, that's the main spring. The bolt spring is inside the bolt (providing you have an acs pilot) and you only need to hold the white delrin bolt in your hands and compress it.

2- Don't count on it. You can't over break it in anyway.

3- Like I said in your other post; sit down with it and compress repeatedly for approximately an hour. The other way is to insert a cloth wrapped wooden dowel in the feedneck to simulate a ball chop (obstructing the breech) and shoot a tank full of shots.

Good luck.

Adampff
05-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh ok thank you for the clarificaton on the bolt, that helped alot.:) I will get the bolt right now and I will start compressing it. Thank you for all of the help.:)

edit: Just on a side note when taking the cocking knob off do you really need to apply some force to get it off? Because mine is stuck on there pretty well.