PDA

View Full Version : Two questions: installing eyes and clamping feedneck

jmerryman
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I just installed a new t-board on my mr3 and it rocks; however, I messed up the eyes during installation by pinching the wire. Are there any good hints or tricks on how to install those eyes? I think it takes a double-jointed monkey to run the wires down the side of the trigger frame while trying to assemble. Thoughts?

Next, I have a holo red dot site on my gun thats cool. Holo makes it extremely fast for target acquisition. I find that the spyder clamping feedneck gets a little bit in my line of sight. Has anyone else seen clamping feednecks that get out of the way of the sights? I am not using the silly handle/rail thingy as it gets into the way of the Halo B hopper.

Kind regards.

chrisjb82
05-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey on the the feed neck being in the way, I bought the clamping for my MR2 and I know that it gets in the way too if you want a sight on it... I didn't want to hang anything off of the side or have an offset rail...I found this and thought it would work out though.
http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/5166961/5171859.htm
I just ordered it but haven't gotten it yet.

jmerryman
05-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Let me know what you think when you get it installed.

chrisjb82
05-26-2008, 06:13 AM
sure thing! it looked cool and i think i saw someone else that had the same rail on their MR2

jmerryman
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I've got a couple of quick updates. First, I bought a cheap hot glue gun to install the eyes, and it worked like a charm. The glue worked well as the extra set of hands - I used it to hold the wires in place during installation.

Next, I found that the clamping feedneck I purchased from Spyder was pinching the wires to the eyes and causing a short, so I am going to go back to the stock feedneck. I'd really like to find a clamping replacement for the stock feedneck that has the milled channels for the eyes. In the mean time, I purchased an aluminum 45 degree Python elbow on Ebay that should eliminate the fear of breaking a plastic elbow. If you want to know more about it, just google "python elbow aluminum" or go directly to www.pythonpaintball.com. This is not ideal but should work OK. I'll let you know more when I get it.

One final question, I ordered a 50g switch from Scenario Dreams and found that it would not fit. What switches will work on the MR3?

Baron Oso
05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I found the clampiong feed neck at Trynity web page (http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+154) and I already installed in my MR3, hopefully I will be able to try it this weekend. I did have to use a small file to take away a small part that was not leting it seat weel on mu marker. Now it seats OK.

chrisjb82
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
hey just an update... I recieved my angled rail that I posted a link to and tried it out on my gun today and LOVED it. It is perfect I thought. It mounts my sight at just the right angle so that it is clear of the feedneck but at the same time isn't hanging totally off of the gun. I would recomend this if you are interested!!

jmerryman
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok, I got the python feedneck installed and it is great. Extremely solid, well built construction. I am working on replacing the eyes and they continue to give me problems. It seems like I just can't get the eyes to work routinely. I install new ones and they'll work for awhile, and every so often they'll miss a ball and hold up firing. This is my last go 'round with the eyes - if they don't work this time, I'm disabling them for good.

Next, I have the ramping chip for the t-board on the way. Once I get it installed I'll let you know.

Finally, I'm turning my MR3 into a low pressure machine. I installed a CP regulator and rocket valve, and just need some time on the chrono to get 'er tuned up. Again, once I get it worked out I'll let you know the details. I think I must be a customizing fanatic. . .

Once it's all done I'll post some pictures. Until then, take care.

Lonus
06-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I went lp with mine using a palmers female and a 32 degree valve. It runs about 375 psi. With light valve and striker springs. I was happing with the result. I did have to use the stock valve pin to get enough velocity.

jmerryman
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Lonus, for the reply. I am struggling to get my mr3 to work as lp system. I can't seem to get the fps up with the rocket valve. You say you used your stock stem with an aftermarket valve? I'll have to give that one a try. I also continue struggling getting the eyes to function properly. I can only get them to work intermittently at best, and who wants them to go down in the middle of a fire fight.

Also, I cracked the eye/detent cover on the left side. Pretty disappointed with Kingman trying to get another. I called them directly and they said it would be the end of the month before they got any. Not exactly great customer service, if you ask me. Instead, I made my own out of aluminum.

I recently got another marker - an upgraded Ion. It is amazing! I think the MR3 will become a backup, but I just can't stop tinkering with my project.

moounit93
06-26-2008, 11:00 AM
i also have a cracked eye cover. could you post some pics or tell me how you made yours out of aluminum

jmerryman
07-26-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't have any pictures about the eye detent cover, but it's easy to make. Here's how:
1. Get a piece of scrap aluminum about 1/8" thick.
2. Trace or scribe the outline of your cracked detent cover onto the aluminum.
3. Cut the aluminum with a hack saw. In my case, I have a tablesaw with a carbide tipped crosscut blade that goes through aluminum like butter. Be careful and keep your piggies out of the blade!
4. Drill the clearance hole using your original detent cover as a guide.
5. Use a dremel to mill out the clearance channel for the eyes.
6. Spraypaint matt black.

Voila! By the way, I am selling my MR3 and all upgrades on ebay. Search for it and find yourself a bargain.