PDA

View Full Version : Anti-siphon tube and pmi co2 tanks

^death_metal
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
So i removed the valve on my new 12oz pmi tank today so i could see what id need for an anti-siphon tube and it appears that there is no place to screw the tube in. Anyone else ran into this?

DFSniper
05-23-2008, 01:15 PM
do you have an anti-siphon kit already?

^death_metal
05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
No I dont, but im very familiar with the different types of brass/copper fittings and whatnot so i was gonna go home grown. There aretwo "slits" on either side of the vavle where it screws into the tank, i dont think a anti-siphon is gonna work on this one :(

DFSniper
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
hmm, i can check the paintball store tomorrow and see what they look like, but the hose should thread into the lower part of the valve somewhere...

^death_metal
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes I was being a retard, the tube could screw in place of the spring retaining screw, but those 2 slits leave the spring exposed to the inside of the tank so i think i need new valve/tank for it to work. It is after all just a
12oz, so Ill prolly get a 16 or 20 to anti siphon. Do you know what brand/size always works?

DFSniper
05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
go to the local shop and ask for a new valve. if they do A/S installs, their valves should work. plus if you go in person, you can always make sure it has threads.

^death_metal
05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
There is no "local" shop, There is a field nearby but they dont offer HPA fills so thats why im going with A/S, homebrewed at that. A recent conversation between the guy filling the co2 and some guy with a brand new pilot acs "you really should have an A/S co2 for that pilot, you can get one online for about 40 bucks" so im sure they cant/will not install them.

CORRECTION- the local field DOES have HPA, on friday and saturday, but are usually out by sunday, which is when I go.

^death_metal
05-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Im going to buy a 20oz tank today at either wally world or academy and try to A/S it again, hoppfully this ones valve will not have the spring exsposed. I have another question now however, when its said that "x" regulator will not run co2, is that raw co2? Are there some that will run good with A/S co2. Reason im asking is Im seeing the tippmann bottomline ASA/reg for really cheap and from what ive read from some tippy forums is a favored set-up is the bottomline reg running into a x-chamber. Anyways, if I get the new tank and the valve looks the same as the last one ill post a pic of it, So you guys can see if im just being retarded again.