PDA

View Full Version : Need help, making decision on 2 guns

Fodder
05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I have both an MR1 as well as a Pilot ACS that I picked up real cheap. If I were to keep one of these and sell the other, which would be the better gun. I will be playing woods type stuff, if that's even a factor. I just want to keep the better of the 2 models. I also know the MR1 is easily modified, not too sure about the Pilot. I know I will want a longer barrel on either unit, neither seem to have a range beyond 50'. The pilot has lousy grips and the electronics are exposed to a small degree. The MR1 has as I understand a tendancy to chop, but it's easily servicable. I could keep both I suppose, but I could also sell one and take the proceeds to build up the other. With that in mind, which is the better option?

SpyderMan723
05-23-2008, 01:03 PM
pilot>MR1 only because i agree with you when you said that the mr1 chops alot. the pilot very rarely will chop unless your hopper feeds too slow for your fingers. but if you dont like you're stock grips, just pick up some dye stickies and solve your problem. but the pilot is more upgradable IMO because you have the option of making it LP

Fodder
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
What is LP?

irishwarrior
05-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Low Pressure. It is a series of mods that allow you to run your gun at a consistent low pressure (100-500 psi) making it quieter, more consistent and allowing more shots per fill. Personally, I would get the MR1 because it's made specifically for woodsball, very durable and it's only chopped a few times in the 2 years I've had it.

SpyderMan723
05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Low Pressure. It is a series of mods that allow you to run your gun at a consistent low pressure (100-500 psi) making it quieter, more consistent and allowing more shots per fill. Personally, I would get the MR1 because it's made specifically for woodsball, very durable and it's only chopped a few times in the 2 years I've had it.

does the MR1 have an ACS bolt? no. but you're entitled to your opinion but honestly when you're playing in the woods you want to make people duck for cover, with the pilot you can fire as fast as your fingers can walk the trigger, but with the mr1 you're limited when it comes to speed

DisIsMyUsername
05-23-2008, 01:51 PM
You can get an ACS bolt for an MR1 and can easily use the pilot's Eframe on the MR1. I'd rock the MR1 with the stock and badass barrel.

Of course that's depending where he wants to go with the MR1. have you seen teds?

SpyderMan723
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
You can get an ACS bolt for an MR1

link me and i'll believe you

irishwarrior
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
here you go (http://www.paintballgateway.com/kiacsbodetop.html) they say it can fit here (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-2018.html).

SUNNYboi
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
This is the only after market bolt I found on froogle.

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/Spyder_MR-1_Low_Blow_Bolt.html?source=froogle&currency=USD

hovel138
05-23-2008, 08:32 PM
i play with a guy who has an MR1 w/ ACS bolt and his chops like mad. though it didnt chop too much before the acs bolt.

OSOK
05-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I would say Pilot because if you get the MR1 you are going to want an upgrade to an Electronic gun eventually and the Pilot will get you ready for that electric gun.

Fodder
05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Hmm, guess I will keep them both and give them both a good try. The one that shoots the straightest will be the keeper.

irishwarrior
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
For straight shooting it all matters on the ball-to-bore match. You can find it by putting a ball in a barrel and put it parallel to the ground. Blow in to the barrel and if it takes a hard blow, the ball is too big, if it just rolls out the ball is too small and if it can be easily blown out it is just right.

SupaSnipa
05-27-2008, 03:50 PM

I highly agree; I have used an MR1 on more than one occasion and you can bat them to hell (not that anyone would want too), drop them in teh mud and still keep shooting. The Pilot, which is also a decent platform is better for speedball, with the electronic trigger and ACS bolt its made for speedballtype of play. The Mr1 is also better if you are playing where its wet or if its raining, the Pilot with its electronics can easily malfunction and you can fry the board with moisture. My dad started playing with his swat team when he saw me and my friends play and he choose the Pilot over the MR1, the Pilot just cant stack up to the MR1 in the woods.

My opinion: The MR1, its just better for woodsball.

Ace24
05-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I highly agree; I have used an MR1 on more than one occasion and you can bat them to hell (not that anyone would want too), drop them in teh mud and still keep shooting. The Pilot, which is also a decent platform is better for speedball, with the electronic trigger and ACS bolt its made for speedballtype of play. The Mr1 is also better if you are playing where its wet or if its raining, the Pilot with its electronics can easily malfunction and you can fry the board with moisture. My dad started playing with his swat team when he saw me and my friends play and he choose the Pilot over the MR1, the Pilot just cant stack up to the MR1 in the woods.

My opinion: The MR1, its just better for woodsball.

I agree 100%. I personally picked the MR1 because I didn't want an E-marker in the woods and wanted a marker I could get down in the dirt, mud, streams, and moisture with that wouldn't fry like my old Fenix did.

Who ever says you can't find bolts for the MR1 is retarded. Best bolts for the money www.alamocitypb.com
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html

My MR1 has yet to let me down.

Andude
05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah I'd definitely go with the MR1. Way more durrable and better for a woodsball environment. And the ability to customize it is a big plus. I really am doing a bad job of explaining why it's better but it is :D