PDA

View Full Version : New PB'r... need advise

Fodder
05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
OK, so I just got into sport and have a couple questions. The other day I was able to pickup, for $100:
1 - Spyder Pilot ACS / 20 OZ tank and JT mask
1 - Spyder MR1 / 20 oz tank and JT mask + 1000JT pballs.
Yes all this for $100, so I thought I'd better take it, not really even knowing if it was very good equipment. So now I want to know, of these two guns, which is the better unit? I know the MR1 is more customizable, but is it as accurate or better? I like the feature in the Pilot, but I don't like the grips or the fact that there are no sights, then again maybe it's not needed? So, if you were me and were to sell 1 of the 2 guns, which would it be and why? Oh and both guns are in really good condition, almost new in fact..... I should add, I will be doing woods balling not speed stuff...

Fodder
05-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Another ?, I did not get the chager with the gun, can I just use any battery charger or can I just use any 9v batter?

DisIsMyUsername
05-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Take the Eframe from the Pilot and put it on the MR1. Also find an MR1 anti-chopping bolt so you won't break paintballs when you shoot faster. That's my suggestion. You'll have a rugged marker that's just as good as the pilot.

The pilot is geared more towards speed, so if you yourself are saying you're gonna be in the woods more, than you know what to keep. I'd keep both, one as a loaner and one that you regularly use. Btw you got a great deal. I just sold my Pilot, tank, hopper and mask for 85.

DisIsMyUsername
05-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I replied in your other thread. Which would you prefer to keep open cause one of the threads is gonna get closed.

and you can use any 9v but you can also find a charger for cheap on here if you alraedy have the rechargable batteries.

Fodder
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Why do you need to close one, I'd like as many perspectives as possible.

bamf-hacker
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome to SOC.

He would not close one of the Mods will ;) and just did :)

If you have a question post it in one place and you will get the answers you are looking for.

I moved Dis's response here.

Again welcome to SOC, and enjoy your new markers and the sport of paintball.