PDA

View Full Version : Yay! School's out!

vikingshadow
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, almost. I have to work tomorrow, but since my room's ready for summer, all I'll be doing is sitting around and helping other teachers...

I've got somewhat of a busy summer ahead of me, though. Just found out that I've been chosen as the 7th grade girls softball coach for this summer. So on top of just relaxing and taking time off, I've got National Board to work on, and bringing a whole new set of kids into public school sports.

How much time do you guys have left, and what are your summer plans?

irishwarrior
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm a freshman in high school and we are just finishing our standardized tests this week. I have until June 14th or 17th, I think.

kidonfire
05-22-2008, 11:46 AM
*cough*Wrong forum*cough* :p

I'm homeschooled, so I get out when I finish my school,but I am WAAAAAY behind, so it may take me a while...

DisIsMyUsername
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm in my 3rd year of college..and school has been out

As a matter of fact, summer term has alreayd started like 4 weeks ago. lol

I'm not takin summer though screw that.

vikingshadow
05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
*cough*Wrong forum*cough* :p

What?

irishwarrior
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
This should have been posted in the non-paintball topics forum, not the veterans forum.

Hoppy11
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
This should have been posted in the non-paintball topics forum, not the veterans forum.

It is.....

Anyways second year of college was done like almost 3 weeks ago now. Ive just been working and waiting for it to warm up so I can see more often.

colonel_moo
05-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I've been done with class since April 30th... I had 2 finals after that and was home on May 9th. I'm renting a house back at school, and the lease starts June 1st, so I'm counting down the days til I can move back out to New York. I'm currently still looking for a job, which is hard to do remotely from Mass. :(

SupaSnipa
05-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Like irish warrior, I am too a freshman. I just did the first part of my spanish exam today but we have 2 weeks I think, until June 6th which is a half day

DisIsMyUsername
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
whoa.

i just had a moment where I flashed back to me playing School's out in GH3.

vikingshadow
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM

You should look at the forum heading again...

Silly kids. Telling us where things should go...:p

irishwarrior
05-22-2008, 01:28 PM
sorry...:o

DFSniper
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
got out last thursday. been working 9 hours a day almost every day since...

so anyone else up for a scavenger hunt?

OSOK
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
June 11th, Highschool freshman.

vikingshadow
05-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, part II - had our first practice tonight, and 3 girls showed up - including my daughter. Out of 19, only 3.

Sigh - when I was younger if we signed up for something, we dang well had to be there for the first practice. The problem is, there's a youth league in our town that doesn't allow kids to play in their league and another at the same time. These poor parents that showed up don't know if they should try to stay with them, or come to me in the HOPES someone shows up.

Of course, I totally put the blame for this type of behavior on the parents - they need to teach their children to follow through. Guess this explains a lot of other things as well...

/rant (sorry, guys!)

TheDarkShadow
05-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I have exams tuesday and wednsday then I'm out, I'm a sophmore in highschool. I have to get a summer job. but a scavenger hunt sounds good

battlechaser
05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Too bad with the practice, Vike, speaking as a former hockey ref I completely understand where you're coming from. No one wants to forfeit a game because half their team didn't feel like showing up. Lucky for the two teams, the coaches were nice (and the ref was getting paid anyways.. ;) so we just had a scrub match).

Anyways, back to the topic. My summer plans are pretty much the same as my winter ones... work. But we do have a paintball schedule (for the guys from work), so there's that, and I'm hoping to have enough cash during the summer to get out to the local field once a week. :D

interceptorMR2
05-25-2008, 07:01 PM
My hs sophmore year doesnt get out til june 13... bleh. So far, either I am going on a long camping trip type thing with my parents this summer or paintballing... or both. Hopefully both.

don't try to fight it irish, vike could go ninja on you.

vikingshadow
05-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Could go? You'll never know cause it's ninja!

Well, after calling around Friday (all day) I managed to get 5 more girls to tell me they were going to play for me, and 1 that was iffy. So, that makes 8 yes and 1 maybe. Then, tonight, another girl called me and said she would play, so at least I have enough for a team now. That's IF they all show up, that is. So, I'm not holding my breath!

My body still isn't registering that I'm on summer break yet. I did have the whole weekend to myself though. The wife and kids were out of town Friday, then yesterday were smack dab in the middle of those big tornadoes that hit Oklahoma. Talk about a helpless feeling! They're all right, though. Only had to go to the cellar once or twice. They came home today, thank goodness - just in time for another round of storms.

codymm1014
05-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Only got 4 more days. all finals. ill be a sophmore next year in High school

this summer got basketball camps, practices, paintball stuff, and the occasional golfing.

trying also to get in really good shape this summer.

badlandsrox
05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
I got 2 more weeks to go, then 3 exams, plus they added an extra week on us for no reason last week, its really messed up, and I don't know how they can get away with that... Oh well, more time for me to raise my mark a little I hope. But this summer shouldn't be to bad, gone away to our cabin for a week, gone to winnipeg for a week, gone to the Oshkosh airshow for a week, perhaps going to our Maui condo for a week, most likely not though, as we are already going once at christmas, and i think we got it filled up most of the summer anyways. :(

I don't know what you guys are talking about there, I coach a soccer team, and the kids are there early to the games (before me most of the time ahaha), and the one or two kids that aren't going to make it call ahead of time. We do have one kid that is registered in another league as well, and has not made it to a game yet, however they have been very upfront about that and such so it's not that big of deal.

dillon
05-26-2008, 09:44 AM
ya like irish sniper ans supasnipa im also a freshman and we have our exams this wekk and all the days are half days and we get out thursady.But since im exempt from a couple i dont even have to come to school tommorrow!

TheDarkShadow
06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
since school is ended/ coming to an end I think we should have another scavenger hunt!

DFSniper
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
i was just about to ask about a SH...