PDA

View Full Version : Rear bolts for Spyder 2000?

painter
05-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Which aftermarket bolts will fit the Spyder 2000 (rear cocking) I lost my cocking knob and I would like to replace the bolt, as the factory one is a pain to work with. I can't tell which ones will work from the pictures on websites because I have the quick strip pin and none of the upgrades look like they use it?????

DFSniper
05-21-2008, 04:20 PM
all the xtra/tl style rear cocking bolts. so basically any rear cocking bolt out there.

painter
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Any suggestions as to which is best? Delrin Venturi...?

DFSniper
05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
alamocitypb.com del-flow bolt.

painter
05-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. It looks like I still have to use the factory cocking knob? Mine is screwed up, it's missing the knob and the spring is crap. If I do have to use the factory knob where can I find factory replacement parts? I've looked and I can't find the knob anywhere.

DFSniper
05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
well, the cocking knob connects to the bolt and sticks out the back of the gun, right? if you get a rear-cocking bolt, the knob and bolt should all be one piece.

painter
05-23-2008, 07:07 AM
The thing is mine has like three parts to it. The cocking knob is composed of a cylinder with a spring and that goes thru a black cylinder and the knob screws on the back to keep them together. Then there is a screw that attaches those pieces to the bolt. I don't know how to do attachments but the diagram is on Kingman.com under discontinued semi-auto Spyder 2000

Will the 32 degrees bolt fit mine? I don't know how any of the upgrade bolts will work with the quick strip pin?

DFSniper
05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
hmm. you learn something new every day... basically if you get a standard rear cocking bolt, it'll replace everything in your upper tube, the bolt itself and all the items that start with "28_"

painter
05-24-2008, 07:28 AM
What about the quick strip pin holding the striker and main spring in? I ordered a venturi bolt that I was told would fit from the company so I guess I'll see what happens when I get it. Thanks for all your help.

DFSniper
05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
the quick strip will still hold the back cap on. if you look at any other rear cocking spyder, they all have quick strip pins. the handle on the bolt is thin enough to clear the pin. its just like an imagine (vision cocking) bolt but with a longer neck/handle.

painter
05-27-2008, 03:53 AM
That's what I thought but I wasn't positive. I'll install it when it arrives and see what happens. Thanks for the help.