PDA

View Full Version : I hate the stock MR1 fore grip/clip

meric
05-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry, but I just do. I understand other people don't mind it or even like it; it's just not for me.

Is there any practical way to replace it with something else? My understanding is there is only one custom fore grip out there for the MR1 and it's a clip. (no thanks)

Questions:

Is there a grip out there that would theoretically work if I did a little drilling work to it? If so, where?

What if I decide to replace it with a regulator or expansion chamber grip. What adapter or parts do I need to do this? I went to the biggest paintball store in Portland (www.paintballonline.com) and they said it's impossible. (I'm thinking bull****)

Thanks in advance.

My E-MR1 Setup:
16 inch JJ Barrel
CCM/Sundragon Feedneck
Halo B Revolution
Timmy Detent (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=201209&postcount=239)

SpyderMan723
05-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Sorry, but I just do. I understand other people don't mind it or even like it; it's just not for me.

Is there any practical way to replace it with something else? My understanding is there is only one custom fore grip out there for the MR1 and it's a clip. (no thanks)

Questions:

Is there a grip out there that would theoretically work if I did a little drilling work to it? If so, where?

What if I decide to replace it with a regulator or expansion chamber grip. What adapter or parts do I need to do this? I went to the biggest paintball store in Portland (www.paintballonline.com) and they said it's impossible. (I'm thinking bull****)

Thanks in advance.

My E-MR1 Setup:
16 inch JJ Barrel
CCM/Sundragon Feedneck
Halo B Revolution
Timmy Detent (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=201209&postcount=239)

you have to get a metric adapter if you want to get an ex-chamber for it. Correct me if i'm wrong

cyberthrasher_706
05-21-2008, 08:48 AM
yep, and you have to do that for the "mr" magazine as well, so even he did want that, it's not made for the mr1. After you do that I believe you can put pretty much anything on there. Most people just don't like the looks after putting the vertical adapter on it.

deano 177
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
you could tap the hole out if you have the means. That is the only other option.

meric
05-21-2008, 11:17 AM
you have to get a metric adapter if you want to get an ex-chamber for it. Correct me if i'm wrong

Hmm, is this what you're talking about? (http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Real-Action-Paintball-Spyder-Metric-Adapter-P21492C1618.aspx)

How would I install that?

meric
05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
yep, and you have to do that for the "mr" magazine as well, so even he did want that, it's not made for the mr1. After you do that I believe you can put pretty much anything on there. Most people just don't like the looks after putting the vertical adapter on it.

Is the 'vertical adapter' and 'metric adapter' the same thing? And if so, how do I install it and what brand would you recommend.

you could tap the hole out if you have the means. That is the only other option.

By tape do you mean drill/driml a hole where the vertical adapter or metric adapter would go?

irishwarrior
05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
In order to tap something i'm pretty sure you need a tap set. Tapping is pretty much threading a hole in an object.

meric
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
In order to tap something i'm pretty sure you need a tap set. Tapping is pretty much threading a hole in an object.

Hey thanks.

Does it have to be a spyder metric adapter, or can it be any vertical adapter?

Also, let's say I thread the hole, what's next?

Hitman08
05-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Hmm, is this what you're talking about? (http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Real-Action-Paintball-Spyder-Metric-Adapter-P21492C1618.aspx)

How would I install that?
no thats for the Co2/Hpa line to ASA adapter my neighbor ruined his MR1 by drilling the hole out it leaks like crazy no fixin that we tried JB weld no help there so he got mad and busted it against a tree so the trigger frame broke off the barrel broke even with the receiver body the stock broke off so i stripped all the re usable parts out and kept them so far the bolt & Striker came in handy when a field we played at had a open man hole and my friend took his out to clean a broken ball out it slipped out of his hand landed in the grass and then fell thru the grass to the man hole which only had a couple bars going across we soon left that field i went back with my friend we are fire fighters also crawled down there with resp mask on (very stinky gas) in hole found his bolt and striker