PDA

View Full Version : This gun good for speed/hyper ball?

Dante86
02-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Played recently at my local field and saw bunch of peeps with ions, dm5's , and other cool guns(high price). I did ok i guess, but just wondering if its cause i suck or just cause they got way better guns then me?

btw i tried the speedball cause woodsball got to easy 8(

DyNasty9
02-24-2006, 09:41 AM
well im guesssing you have a pilot? the gun doesnt make the player, but it does help a little to have a better gun. i noticed when i had my rodeo i played ok and then when i used my friends ion or my shocker now i could play a lot better. i dont know what it was, maybe i felt more confident or something. but its aways better to play against better people, you'll get bettter faster, and you'll learn tricks from them.

Dante86
02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
yeah your probably right. when i stepped on field the kinda smirked at me since they all got high end guns 8(. bunkered some of um but got owned myself soemtimes. guess 13bps is teh suxxor against them

shunut
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Its not the gun. Not saying that you are a bad player but you could put a pump in a good players hands and they will do good. Just pay attention to others and form strategies. You'll get better as you play more.

03TiburonGT
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
I think its 85% gun, 15% shooter. It only takes one shot to eliminate a player, and it doesn't matter if that one shot is comming from a pump or a high-end gun shooting ropes.

nbishop66
02-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I think its 85% gun, 15% shooter. It only takes one shot to eliminate a player, and it doesn't matter if that one shot is comming from a pump or a high-end gun shooting ropes.

I think you got it backwards?

ooglieboogliebob
02-24-2006, 04:42 PM
haha .. >.< ... yep i think he did too ... well it's really just the technique you have ... you could read some faqs about it ...

vikingshadow
02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Get my T1 for 200-225.00- great gun for speedball and will make you the most awesome speedballer ever!!!

Just kidding (about the better player thing!!!) But, I do think that the gun DOES help more than a lot of people think. Thing is, there are no studies out there to prove one way or the other. Sure, an awesome pro will probably own someone even with a pump (maybe - see Ryan Greenspan shot by pump player....) You have to have skills other than just pointing and shooting, but the gun certainly will help with that. After all, you want to be sure your paint flies where it's pointing consistantly and constantly and a good gun will do that for sure.

Dante86
02-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Hmm im pretty accurate with the gun, my snappin needs some improvement and my diving suxxors(looks like i tripped over a rock). oh well skillz come in time right?

ooglieboogliebob
02-25-2006, 12:02 PM
yep, just keep practicing... then you should be alright :)

ineasyi
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a spider pilot acs and i feel like i got all the right upgrades....egg II hopper, evil pipe kit, feed neck, superfly bolt, and compressed air....does this sound good enough to play speedball??? I know there a lot of guns out there with the eyes and shoot a lot faster than 20bps but honestly with these upgrades where do you think i stand in the xball arena?

ooglieboogliebob
08-02-2006, 06:53 PM
OLD THREAD ALERT !!!! look at when the last post was posted ... it's been like 6 months ....

anyway ... if you wanted you could go out on the field with a brasseagle pump and still pwn the players. It's not about the gun, it's about the skills you have. Of course a better gun could help you a bit, but not by much ...

viperx6x9x
08-02-2006, 10:05 PM
yup, i've seen pump users own ion users and even dm6'ers. both in speed ball and woods. the gun dont mean crap if you don't know how to use it.

Dont forget paintball isn't really about the player its about the team and how well you use tactics like flanking and what not.

vikingshadow
08-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Wow - old thread alert!

Ducks and covers to avoid the dust falling from the vault....

^^^However, if you're playing Xball with me, I'd like to know you're capable of dumping a half case in a minute on the guys across the field from me if you have to so that I can move up and take out a couple of the opposition. In my opinion, I have yet to see a spyder than can do that reliably and accurately on a consistant basis. Since I know I'm about to get a dozen replies, all saying "My spyder can do that," I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's a lot easier with a machine gun Ion, than a pump or a spyder.

Can you play speedball or xball with it? Sure!
Will you win? Maybe. Depends on your skill.
Will you own? Again, maybe, but I kind of doubt it, unless everyone else is relatively new to the Speedball/Xball arena...

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 08:10 AM
thanks a lot guys just the insight i was looking...you brought up a lot of good points in which i can make a good decision on...appreciate it....oh yea the thread is old...i just didn't feel like posting a new one lol =D