PDA

View Full Version : Regulator help

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a JackhammerII regulator and its leaking air. on the back of the reg is the adjustment knob in or out, at the opposit end is the fitting where it tightens into my air line, I first thought that it was leaking here so i took the fitting out tefloned it and oiled the seal in there turned it back in, still leaking. so I checked a little farther and here there a 4 tiny allen scres that go around the end and the air is leaking from around there. Is the regulator hoched or is there some way I can fix that? I have little to no experiance with ait assessories and any help is greatly appreciated.

Zee
05-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Well the first thing you should do is specifically find the leak. Use soap and water mix (just a bit of soap) and apply to the areas where you think it might be leaking. If you see bubbles forming then you know its leaking. As for fixing the leak....I'm sure you can McGyver something to stop it. Theres probably someone on the forum that can help in that area more than I can.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I did the soap and water thing already it is leaking arround the 4 tiny allen screws and the "end cap" they are holding on. I cant see tightining the screws stopping the leak, maby if I took it appart there has to be a ring or seal in there that is dry or something to be letting the air go, I am hesitent to take it appart though becaue I just have zero experiance with it. I have too go buy a tiny tiny tiny alley wrench for it to I didnt think they made them that small. Any other sugestions guys?

Zee
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
If it was me, I'd take it apart and go from there. You can get allen key sets with very small keys for around $10 usually. They're a good investment. Let us know how it goes.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I have most allen keys but these are exceptinally small. just have to get the one. im not sure what to expect when I open it up though, dont want to wreck it. I am going to talk to the dealer to and see if they will jsut send me a new one, I just though somone on here might know if it was a quick easy fix or not.

Zee
05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Hope it works out for you.

Good Luck