PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

Tru_Knyte
05-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Went out with my MR1 and played for about 6-7 hours. Came back and took everything apart and noticed that my striking bolt had some scratches on it (like wideish ones) on one side. I looked inside but didn't see anything sticking out that could have done it, and when I ran my squeegee through it didn't catch anything. Also, I noticed my trigger squeeks when I pull it quickly, is that bad? How could I fix that (maybe lube?)?

Thanks guys. :)

oldironmudder
05-18-2008, 05:49 PM
The scratches are normal. Only way to get rid of them is to polish the striker.

Zee
05-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Just make sure its oiled regularly. Try some gun oil in the upper part of the trigger and dont use WD40.

Tru_Knyte
05-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys.

For the trigger, do I have to take it apart to lube it, or can I just put a drop or two on there with a Q-tip? Also, is it a good idea to lube my o-rings?

Zee
05-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Taking it apart would be a good idea. Use the oil sparingly, too much can be harmful. As for the o-rings, maybe just a drop..

irishwarrior
05-18-2008, 06:33 PM
You don't need to directly lube the trigger/o-rings. If you look at the manual (hint: manual thread) it will tell you that to lube it you just need to put a couple of drops where the CO2 connects and dry fire it a couple of times. That'll get the lube everywhere it needs to be.

EDIT: DO NOT TAKE THE TRIGGER APART!!! Unless you need to make trigger specific repairs/modifications don't mess with it. The parts are liable to go everywhere and that sorta thing. Just abide by this rule: Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Zee
05-18-2008, 06:46 PM
You don't need to directly lube the trigger/o-rings. If you look at the manual (hint: manual thread) it will tell you that to lube it you just need to put a couple of drops where the CO2 connects and dry fire it a couple of times. That'll get the lube everywhere it needs to be.

EDIT: DO NOT TAKE THE TRIGGER APART!!! Unless you need to make trigger specific repairs/modifications don't mess with it. The parts are liable to go everywhere and that sorta thing. Just abide by this rule: Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I read that the "dry firing oiling" method doesn't actually do anything and that you should physically oil each point. Correct me if I'm wrong.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I belive that you are supposed to oil through the ASA, and dry fire. However I have heard alot of people say to keep the MR1 lubed good and you wont have any trouble so i actually do both with my MR1 when I strip it and clean it I oil it as it goes back together, when i play I put a few drops in the ASA and dry fire a few times.

Prikasky
05-19-2008, 03:03 AM
why is to much oil bad?

irishwarrior
05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
I read that the "dry firing oiling" method doesn't actually do anything and that you should physically oil each point. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's just what the manual said, that may be the case and they have updated it, but I got it when it had just come out that's what they said.

Prikaksy, too muh oil will, I believe, corrode the o-rings, make the internals gunky and get into places it shouldn't.

JungleG1337
05-19-2008, 10:50 AM
can some1 here post a video of taking the gun apart and show where and what part need to get Lube. thanks im a noob at this.

Zee
05-19-2008, 11:10 AM
There are a lot of resources in the MR1 thread, I'll give you the link.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=69

JungleG1337
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
thanks