PDA

View Full Version : Striker Spring Q.

Zee
05-18-2008, 03:58 PM
When it comes to striker springs and other springs in your marker, whats the difference between a good one and a bad one? Is tighter or looser better?

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
It all depends, the idea of spring kits is to find what combination of the two (Main spring and valve) works best for your marker and the preformence you are trying to achive. Some people like to have heavier main springs to gain a few more FPS, others (Most MR1 users) need a spring kit so that they can achieve a low enough velocity to be corse legal. there is no one better then the other its just what works right with your marker. Somepeople change there valve spring when they get a new main spring and fool around with different combos till they feel they have there marker running the way they want. So there is no one better then the other its all about what you need your marker to do.

Zee
05-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Awsome, thanks. I'll just try some different combinations. First I need a chrono...:(

cyberthrasher_706
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
ebay
look up the x-radar chrono, there's a guy in Seattle that deals them, had mine here in 2 days, just in time for the weekend. Yeah, my mr1 with the lightest madman spring hit out 320ish so I have some more tweaking to do.

Zee
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I realize this is a bit off topic for this thread but good help is hard to find. I bought this X chamber yeasterday, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140231859183 can and should i mount a regulator on top of it? (not for MR1)