PDA

View Full Version : Tippmann C3?

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 12:56 PM
First of all I know this is the spyder forms and the love of Tippmanns are not fond here. If you dont have anything intelligent to say please feel free to post elswere and ignore this thread. But I have an oprotunity and I was wondering if anyone here has ownd played with shoot ect a Tippman C3.

I just wanna know if the experiance was good or bad what you thought of the marker ect.

Thanks in advance

Shady

STRIKEFIRST
05-18-2008, 01:05 PM
C3...is that the one that runs on propane?

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes it is.

bigred76
05-18-2008, 01:17 PM
The marker itself seems to perform decently, but I honestly dislike it because of it's propellant source. Never, EVER use MAPP gas or any other propellant besides Propane. EVER. Do not do something stupid to try to blow yourself sky high, and it should do decent... screw with it slightly the wrong way, and you're a dead/injured dude. :shrug:

I agree though, keep the Tippy haters out. Go on over to Flame Therapy and keep it there.

STRIKEFIRST
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4045/

best i can do for you.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
hey great thanks guys! :D

Ace24
05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Ugh... ok, this isn't meant at a flame towards Tippmann's at all.

C3 should not be allowed to exist. It was a idea that is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.
One of my team mates has one it he has it running on MAPP gas right now. He is careless and doesn't seem to think anything will happen, but the reality of the gun is this... IT CAN EXPLODE AND HAS ON HIM. The gun after a long period of constant play gets VERY hot. Gas can leak out and quite literally send fireballs flying.

The gun runs like a engine. It has a spark plug where gas is ignited into an explosion in order to send the projectile out of the barrel (which you cannot swap) towards the opponent. There is ball roll out, the gun is inconsistent and needs to be primed.

One of the only plus sides, that I can see so far, is you get an outrageous amount of shots off a single propane tank.

Yesterday at our tourney, he used it. He couldn't get it up to 300 and it was jumping +/- 100. The gun has burned him before and yesterday was getting too hot to hold. He has had the back of the gun blow out and scald his face, burning off his lip hairs.

If you want a pump for cheap, pick up a Cocker. Stay away from the C3.

Oh and I forgot to add that it was incinerating the paintballs yesterday.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Why isnt there any of these negative reveiws anywere else? But you may have answeard my question "why dont I ever see anyone with one of these things, they have bein availeble for like 2 years?"

Im not sure if I wanna pic it up if its that unreliable. I have a good pump (Trracer, old but I find it perfect) I just had the oprotunity to buy one for 100$ BNIB I thought that was a decent deal maby i should pick it up as im starting to get more into pump play.

Anyone else have anything to add???

Ace24
05-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Another thing I just noticed... keep in mind his was running on MAPP gas which burns hotter then Propaine.

My E-Vents have this blast pattern on the front of them around the mouth area now... I'm pretty sure it's from his gun. It looks cool... but that doesn't make me feel very safe seeing that either.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 01:52 PM
So am i to assume the problems with the marker is because he is a dumb ass and chooses to use the wrong propellant?
Or do you belive the marker would experiance such bad problems with the use of the proper propellant?

bigred76
05-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Ted's busy, so I guess I'll answer. While not dealing directly with the marker myself, I have dealt with both gases during plumbing. As Ted said, the MAPP gas burns a LOT hotter, and because of that, it might just be causing these issues that he's describing. Because of the operation of the marker, though, I do not believe that Propane would be that much better off than MAPP, if only to the point that the C3 would not shoot flames during play while using Propane. Both are flamable gases, and should be used where they belong... plumbing and grills. ;)

A Traccer would do just fine for you, IMO. They're a Nelson based design, which means that they have autotrigger stock. If I were you and was looking for one, I'd find one with a place to screw in a bottomline and run that kind of set-up. I hate how mine is with the bottle off the back, it totally throws off my stance.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I really like my Trracer, just thought the price was right for the C3.

What shocks me about these last few posts and the "safty" issues is how could tippmann release something that was so unsafe to the users? I mean if it blew back in your face ect. I am thinking most of the problems Ace described is due to the use of the wrong propellant. However, I have never used or seen anyone use the marker so i cant draw a fair conclusion. keep throwin the experiances out there guys I appreciate it.

bigred76
05-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Because Tippmann himself isn't very safe. I'll get you the link of why via PM.

slim and shady
05-18-2008, 03:15 PM
alright thanks.

STRIKEFIRST
05-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Because Tippmann himself isn't very safe. I'll get you the link of why via PM.

hit me up with that link please.

irishwarrior
05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Can I get one too, please?

Vreemde
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
haha me to?

Ace24
05-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Propellant doesn't matter. He burned his facial hairs off with PROPANE. The actual propellant suggested for use with the Tippmann C3.

You also get high off the fumes after a long day of play. The gun gets hot and the gasses are released while playing don't really leave you. If you want to breathe in propane all day, be my guest.

cyberthrasher_706
05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Wasn't Vike the one that posted that about Tippmann a few weeks ago?

spyderfan4271
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
The paintball store by me sells tippmann and he doesn't even carry them. He might be set in his way he thinks its a kooky gimic. I have heard they run hot because of the combusting inside. I wouldn't get one because I have heard they are bulky and heavy, not features I look for in a pump.

cyberthrasher_706
05-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I found this, Let me know if it works or not. I couldn't find the one that was posted here.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=in&vol=sc%5C09229901.rts&invol=2 (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=in&vol=sc%5C09229901.rts&invol=2)

slim and shady
05-30-2008, 06:26 PM
maby it isnt worth the 100 afterall. where was the blowback (that burnt his face) comming from ace?