PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life for paintballs

NadeMagnet
02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Anyone know what the average shelf life is for a case of paint? RPS All-stars and Marbalizers in particular.

DyNasty9
02-23-2006, 09:46 PM
well kept in the right conditions id say a while,6+ months maybe. but they could start to stick together if you leave them sitting long. always just pick a bag up and shack it a little.

Nader
02-23-2006, 10:07 PM
for me? about 15min, cuz they've all been shot by then...
but yeah, I'd say no more that 3 months, four in great conditions...but yeah, I say three months.

Ariesah
02-24-2006, 07:13 AM
3/4 months if you keep them rotated and stored in a good place.

DRAGON
02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I normally buy a bunch of cases at a time and have had RPS Evils last me 6+ months. I've usually shot them all by then though lol. As Ariesah stated, rotate and shake the boxes about once a week and keep them in a dry environment of around 70* and they'll last you a long time. I cannot speak for a lesser quality paint outside of RPS though -

shunut
02-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I had a bag of Scorch, cheap Wal-Mart paint, sit in my room for over 4 months and when I finally used it I had on ball break, and it was a mid air break. Like all the others have said, as long as you store them in the correct environment and rotate them regularly they should last a while.

03TiburonGT
02-24-2006, 09:44 AM
If the paint is kept in the original sealed bags it would last longer than just laying around. As stated above, rotate every week and keep in a mild environment and you should be all set for ~5 months.

Skidds
03-05-2006, 07:28 AM
well kept in the right conditions id say a while,6+ months maybe. but they could start to stick together if you leave them sitting long. always just pick a bag up and shack it a little.
That explains it then. I got a case from anythingextreme and it was all broken and cracked...there is a full 2 inches of paint on the bottom of each bag, all 4. They are RPS all Stars. Anythingextreme refused to take them back. So I just stopped payment on my credit card. I will never buy from them again.

ooglieboogliebob
03-05-2006, 07:42 AM
yeah, it's never a great idea to buy paint online, since it will come out of the factory great, but then the people shipping them throw them around ... partly why that happens.

But rotating the paint i believe lets the paint not just sit on one side, so when you shoot it it doesn't do cork screws ... :)

FullMetal
03-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I always heard if you had some old paint with dimples you could put them in the oven on a low heat and it would soften then up and get the dimples out, I have never tried it and don't know how true it is, if anyone has how did it work?

NadeMagnet
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey skidds try firstcallpaintball. Anythingextreme blows. Bought with xtreme because they claim to have a "stock guarantee." After waiting a month for my electra I actually read the full policy. All their guarantee means is that they will notify you if something is on back order. Talk about deceptive advertising. A few months later I stupidly bought a drop from them thinking what are the chances it will be on back order too. Took them 3 weeks for that:mad: All they did both times was to email me the day after my order and then to forget about me for weeks. I had to keep contacting them to find out wtf was going on. They didn't even try to make me happy with a discount, coupon, pod, squeegie, etc. Lets see, a pod or something else cheap like it vs. a customer not returning. It's not rocket science.
Ok enough ranting. Anyway like I said try firstcallpaintball.com. I just bought 4 cases of all-stars with free shipping. They also know what the word guarantee means. This is copy/pasted from thier site

NOTE****This paint is 100 % Guaranteed to arrive unbroken. If you happen to get broken paint it will be replaced for FREE. That is right we will replace it for FREE. Check the policy for broken paint to file claim. Available only when shipped UPS ground.

All you have to do is contact them, file the claim, and they'll send UPS to your house to pick up the damaged goods. As far as I know they are the only online company to offer this. Everyone else just makes you file a claim with the shipping company themselves. They arrived very well packed and didn't have a broken ball, and it was shipped in the winter too.

DRAGON
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I always heard if you had some old paint with dimples you could put them in the oven on a low heat and it would soften then up and get the dimples out, I have never tried it and don't know how true it is, if anyone has how did it work?

I've heard that if you put them in the freezer they keep longer as well. I would not suggest putting them in the oven or the freezer for that matter. Cooking and paintball just don't mix unless it's eating hot dogs, burgers or pizza at lunch break. i'm not sure that's even a good idea but sounds better than pairing up paintballs with kitchen articles - :dodgy: