PDA

View Full Version : chopping problem

Archon
05-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi,
I run a MR2 (no eye) on HPA with a qloader and it will chop like crazy I can't even finish a qpod (100 round) and when it chops then it jam (probably du to paint around the bolt). So i gotta take it apart to clean the bolt (well not totally apart , but stock bolt...) and you can't to that on the field... Plus when it chops then paint goes back trough the feedneck, which really s**ck with the qloader. Any idea of what might be wrong???

Also I ran it with a gravity hopper and it will still chop a lot only difference is I might be able to keep shooting most of time (the reason being some times with qloader, gun still fine but the paint that went back the neck is jamming the qloader).

I though qloader would be a good addition since it loads so fast and the mr2 shoot 25 bps so I thought that would be a great combo. But really it isn't and the problem to me isn't the qloader, but the gun!

Is the MR2 with the eye better? anyone tried it qloaded or should I try another gun anything with a great rate of fire in full-auto (I play woodsball so no tournament).

I've seen lots of people recommending timmy detent, would that soleve the problem?

Thanks

bigred76
05-15-2008, 01:29 PM
How many prewinds does your Q-Loader have? I'm betting it's a combination of that, the detents (yes, Timmy detents are better quality and might help), and the operating system. The first two can be easily fixed, the last is just a by-product of Spyder and needs a regulator to fix it (I wouldn't bother if you're just an average baller).

Archon
05-15-2008, 04:54 PM
How many prewinds does your Q-Loader have? I'm betting it's a combination of that, the detents (yes, Timmy detents are better quality and might help), and the operating system. The first two can be easily fixed, the last is just a by-product of Spyder and needs a regulator to fix it (I wouldn't bother if you're just an average baller).
prewinds are at factory default, how many would you suggest?

DFSniper
05-15-2008, 05:04 PM
from what i read, it varies from person to person.

bigred76
05-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I would put in at least 9 or 10 prewinds. It just depends on you, but go higher in the spectrum rather than lower.

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I have MR2 with eye Q-loaded, I Q-loaded my old MR2 as well and I settled on 11 1/2 - 12 prewinds. Another thing that would greatly help you would be an ACP bolt.

Archon
05-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I have MR2 with eye Q-loaded, I Q-loaded my old MR2 as well and I settled on 11 1/2 - 12 prewinds. Another thing that would greatly help you would be an ACP bolt.
How does your regular mr2 doing? any chops? how many out of how many shots?
Also can I upgrade my gun to put an eye or do i have to get the whole marker?

Thanks

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
you would have to drill hols for eyes. for the 200 just buy the new one. My old Mr2 doesnt chop. I recomend the new one eyes are so nicce!

Archon
06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
It's been a little while since I posted this topic, but here is a quick update:
I finally got timmy detent (urethane ones) and shot 1 qpod with no chop and/or break. I know 100 balls is not a effective test but even then, it is better than it was. I put the prewind at 11. I will shoot more to see how it goes and may try 12-13 prewind as I find there is always couple balls remaining in the qpod. Also got a 3 o-ring bolt from alamo but I didn't test it yet, I want to go one step at a time to really see the difference of each component.

Thanks

Archon
06-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Ok here is my final result. Best pre-wind for me is 13. Shot 500 round without choping (with stock bolt), then I installed the alamo 3 oring bolt and fired 300 more. Still perfect! I do not see much difference yet with the alamo bolt though... What should it make better? I guess air efficiency will be due to the 3 orings vs non on the stock bolt....

Thanks to everyone for your help, everything turned out great.

chrisjb82
06-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Be careful with that 3 o-ring bolt. I put that one in my MR2 and I stripped the detent right off after about 500 rounds. I was using the regular timmy detents, not the urethane ones but make sure you check on your detents frequently with that bolt in there!!!

foxr1der31
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
what is a pre wind?

foxr1der31
03-08-2009, 05:54 PM
i also have a chopn problem

slim and shady
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
prewinds is how many times you "prewind" the spring in a q-pod.

EDIT: Explain more about your "chop" does paint go up the feedneck what is your setup, hpa or co2 upgrades ect. give us all the info you can and we will figure it out.

foxr1der31
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM
how come timmys are better than stock ones? and whats a qpod.

sneekypete
03-13-2009, 04:41 PM
whats a qpod.

Q-loader (http://www.qloader.com/)web site

slim and shady
03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry thought everyone knew what a q-pod was

foxr1der31
03-14-2009, 08:21 AM
they do now