PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Mr2 Barrels....

fiendcbr
05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Ok, I have a MR2 w/eyes. I have been reading reviews and doing a lot of research on the web. I currently have a 16" SMart Parts Linear Barrel. It fits past the shroud. The sistuation is that I want the best barrel. The LAPCO Big Shot looks pretty good. The J&J I heard is not that great. What I really want is a Dye ultralight 14 " barrel, but I don't know if it will fit past the shroud. Then other people are saying to a barrel kit. Ok I am a newbie, so bear with me... I thought the paintballs have a range of bore size when they are made. So if i get a kit, what would I have to do to get the correct bore insert. I am not really looking to get all decked out with an Apex barrel or any of that sort. I want distance and accuracy, that is all I want for a barrel. If anyone has any suggestions, Please reply. Thanks....

OllieNedabII
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know about you but I enjoy my J&J ceramic throughly. Silent and it gets the job done and all for a good price. The hammerhead barrels I heard were great too. The only thing about apex is that anything with a shroud does not look good on the MR2. I got the M16 and it was HORRIBLE (The way it looked) and i couldn't imagine how bad the AK47 would look. It just looks like the shroud was not made for the MR, just the barrel. Good luck on your hunt for a new barrel. :)

Gren VTBC
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
i've got a j&j and I love it, just got my apex and haven't used it yet..i can't wait

fiendcbr
05-14-2008, 08:42 AM
What kind of paint are you guys putting through those J&J barrels?

Gren VTBC
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
i just got done using karnage bite and it was a good match to my j&j..green shell yellow fill.

DFSniper
05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrels.html

read the section titled Paint to Bore Match. especially paragraph #3, thats the most important one.

i was in the middle of typing this about 4 hours ago, and then my neighborhood had a power outage. luckily firefox saves if you don't close it out. :D hope this helps.

fiendcbr
05-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks guys. I ended picking up a LAPCO Big Shot Barrel. And bought some RAMP paint to match the bore size. I cant wait to test this out this saturda at The Badlandz... I hope it works well...Thanks again guys....

Gren VTBC
05-15-2008, 11:10 AM
good read sniper

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I would go with a barrel kit I have a 7 peice empire kit with the apex on the tip and i love it its a great setup. Distance when you want it, or turn the apex off and you have the best accuracy a paintball barrle can give oyu.