PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My Apex Barrel!

Gren VTBC
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Sup fellas, just got my apex and I can't wait to try it out...still at work dammit! ANYWAYS all of the apex users on here lend me ur skills and knowledge of this thing....what are your tips or advice when engaged in battle with this? thanks

Gren VTBC
05-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh and what paint do you guys recommend with this barrel?

interceptorMR2
05-14-2008, 06:07 AM
First of all, always be aware of witch way your apex is twisted and how much spin you put on it. made that mistake a few times, and one time I nearly took out my own man (haha, didnt though, but I got close!). Oh and when it comes to paint, I've been recommended Draxxus rec paints like midnight and such. I haven't tried them out just because winter is basically ending now here in central oregon. I do have one paint brand you should NEVER buy though. never buy scorch paintballs. they are horrible. drop it on the floor from mid-shin height and it breaks. terrible paint.

Gren VTBC
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
thanks for insight, yeah I heard midnight is good

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
The apex is great, give it time to adjust. You have to hold the front of your marker alot higher to offset the amount of drop you will have practice with it and dont get frustrated.

I would recomend mounting it on adifferent barrel to. I have mive on a 7 peice empire kit and i absolutly love it. Great range unserpassed accuracy in close (With apex off).

Gren VTBC
05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
how'd u mount it to ur barrel, electric tape?

interceptorMR2
05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah electric tape or get the adapter sleeve at undergroundmods.com but the tape is much easier

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
:yeahthat:

Gren VTBC
05-16-2008, 09:03 PM
just got done testing this barrel and its sick!! yes I have to agree I like levels 3 & 4 the best, accuracy and distance was good at those levels.
I tested the distance with apex off and YES it does make a difference, higher levels is crazy too and adjusting my gun upwards was kind of weird but after a few shots u get the hang of it.

Modded to my J&J and its cool, a bit more distance I think, but honestly I like it better on the stock bt apex barrel, it was more consistant at hitting the same spot, and the drop shot feature is the best (makin it rain paint)
the hook shots to me is a bit over rated but I found when ramped to the 8th level is the best for hooks but even better for makin it rain (drop)

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 09:50 PM
The 8th level is the one you are supposed to use for the "Trick" shots.

Gren VTBC
05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
OK got ya, worked good then