PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Buying a Spyder Pilot ACS

Adampff
05-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Ok well I have been looking at some electronic guns to get me into Speedball and that arent to expensive. I have been deciding between the VS1 or Spyder pilot ACS. I am looking for one that can run of CO2 effectively. Which one is better between the two? Why is the Pilot about 110$ and the VS1 130-140$? Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help.

Hossy
05-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Welcome to the forums and check out the Ultimate Resource Thread in my sig.

you can get a spyder used for almost half that. Or Firstcall sells referbs for like 50 that are just as good. Id suggest looking into them and save yourself some money to use on other gear.

bamf-hacker
05-13-2008, 05:23 AM
The VS1 is the new design of marker from Kingman. The prices will always be a little higher.

Either marker will be good though. I would also recommend going the used/refurbished route. If it is your first marker then you will need to get other supplies, (goggles, etc...)

Welcome to SOC!

DFSniper
05-13-2008, 05:34 AM
acs has an anti-chop bolt while vs1 has eyes

eyes > acs

i would spend the extra money and buy the vs1. or wait until the new pilot comes out. it should be about the same as the vs1, and they've improved a lot on it.

TheDarkShadow
05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
vs1 or wait for the new pilot

Adampff
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok thanks for the help you guys, anyone know where I can find both pros and cons of both guns?

tumtum00
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
pbreview.com

Adampff
05-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok well I am thinking of getting the Pilot. It looks like a very decent gun, all the reviews say it is good and plus I would like to save a lil cash. But where can I get some refurbished ones online? Also dont refurbished ones have a better chance of breaking?

florios
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
no not exactly refurbished usualy means its been brocken or used then the makers replaced dammaged or worn parts

kind of like xbox 360's all refubeshed :@

Adampff
05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Ok so if I do get one it probaly wont be broken or damaged then?

Hossy
05-14-2008, 04:38 AM
It wont be, but it may have been not perfect so they couldnt sell it or had to fix like 1 part... Basically its good as new.
Go to FirstCallpaintball.com and click on markers, then referbs.

bamf-hacker
05-14-2008, 04:43 AM
getting a refurb is the same buying a used car from a dealer. They take the car in and fix anything wrong with it then resell it at a discount.

CornflakeMII
05-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I am an owner of a Spyder Pilot ACS '05. The gun is absolutly great all around. Accuracy +, R.O.F. +, Weight/Length +. This gun is a perfect one for you to get into speedball. The Pilot is completely modifiable (Is that a real word lol) Also going with a Refurb gun is also a great alternative. Saves you a lot of moolah. Anyways, My descision I had to make was Spyer Pilot ACS or an MR1. I play both SpeedBall and Scenario and My Pilot exceeds my standards to play both. Like I said..You can mod this gun anyway you want it to. Heres a link to they new Pilot'08:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/classic_series/pilot.html
I dont like the new look of the Pilot and Electra.

DFSniper
05-15-2008, 09:35 AM
the thing with the '08 is that it has a better board, inline holes, you don't need a new vertical adapter if you want to use a real reg, and its a lot smaller and more compact.

ninja edit: and probably the most important thing, it has eyes.

Adampff
05-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Ok welll I order a refurb Pilot, should be here in about 5-7 days. Thanks for the help and feedback everyone. Hopefully it serves me.

dillon
05-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Ya im also getting a refurb pilot acs it is $70 at www.paintball-online.com I just wanted to know some of the pros and cons of the gun if u guys have any input.

DFSniper
05-19-2008, 08:55 AM
pros: capped at 20 bps (fast enough for most people)
durable
easy to upgrade

cons: ACS < eyes
no clamping feedneck
staggered bottomline holes
non-standard threaded regulator

CornflakeMII
05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Yup. One way to get your hopper on a low profile look. take your elbow and cut it in half. take the hopper part and the lin in the middle, next to the screw..finish cutting it in haclf. Next slide the elbow part over your hopper neck and put your hopper over your feed neck. It lookds great and keeps things low but it doesnt improve ur feed rate.

dillon
05-22-2008, 08:30 AM
paintball-online.com was pilot acs for sale for $70.

Adampff
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok my Pilot just arrived at my house and it looks good. Everything seems to be working fine atm. But I have a question.

Do I have to break in my ACS Bolt if I dont want to chop balls?
If so how do I do that?

Sandman_Bravo
05-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Yes. Take out the bolt and using your hands, compress it in and out for about an hour. Maybe sit and watch a tv show while doing it that's an hour long. Lube up the o-ring on the striker when you put it back together.
Don't forget the rubber bumper washer when reassembling.

Adampff
05-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Ok thats what I will do, thanks for the help.:)