PDA

View Full Version : Need a mech marker

^death_metal
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Im looking to buy a either a sonix or an xtra with some ups. Both would be used with co2 exclusivly as thats what the local field has. Im either thinking the sonix with new barrel, valve, and a evil det reg in place of the thru grip, or the xtra with new barrel, valve, and one of the bottom line regs sold by marks discountpaintball off ebay in place of the standard drop asa. Im leaning towards the sonix as I like the matte silver color better and i dont think that the exspansion chambers are worth it which the xtra has, Or maybe the sonix with the bottomline reg? I dont know really though cuz ive never owned my own marker just rented. Staying "old school" need help!

Hossy
05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
welcome to the forums, check out the Ultimate Resource thread in my signature.

Id suggest getting the Xtra or just getting an older school gun. Or get a VS or RS series. Some people have had problems with the new sonixs and with upgrades. they are a little different than usual spyders.

TheDarkShadow
05-13-2008, 01:09 PM
all of the new style guns are different than the old ones, but make sure the feedneck has tabs not holes

OSOK
05-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Why a mechanical? The VS1, and RS both run on Co2 and perform great.

^death_metal
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Mostly preference, using a mech i get discounted on the speedball field, eveyones looking out for the guy with the ion.

OSOK
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
All my friends have Ion's, but when I pull out my RS they don't think anything of it.... I show them...

DFSniper
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
i play speedball with a pump. its fun until no one wants to play back. i went to get my spyder, and the reg started leaking, so i had no choice but to play pump. oh well, it builds character. seriously.

i also got chosen first for teams when i pulled out my hammer. the guy was like, "i want the guy with the pump" and we mowed faces!

^death_metal
05-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Ordered a sonix from action village today. Decided on it over the xtra as its cheaper and the exp chamber and forward drop would just be removed later anyways. Once I get somemore disposable income Im gonna order a new feedneck, barrel, and reg, maybe an asa on/off and a reloader2.