PDA

View Full Version : I need of opinions

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey guys. I'm currently looking around for another gun to add to my collection and i came across Proto guns. Its between a PMR or a SLG. If anyone can post their experience with these guns I would be most happy. I personally like the look of the SLG :)

Hossy
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
PMR's resale is horrible. Get one. IMO they are better than the SLG, and they have the agg value :maybedodgy:

vikingshadow
05-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I got a chance to shoot an SLG a few weekends ago and compare it to my Rail.

While the SLG has a sleeker look, and fires pretty fast - I just liked the feel (and looks) of my PMR better. They are both equally fast, they both need few upgrades, and it could be that my PMR was broken in and had those few upgrades actually needed and a few more.

However, I've heard several people compare the two - then say they would take the PMR over the SLG, just like me. I can give actual reasons later, but my brain is mush from work today.

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
PMR's resale is horrible. Get one. IMO they are better than the SLG, and they have the agg value :maybedodgy:

Is this a typo? or your telling me to get a PMR because they have horrible resale value?

vikingshadow
05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
He's saying you can get one for a cheap price.

kidonfire
05-12-2008, 12:51 PM
No, he's saying you can get one for cheap. Most people I know prefer the Rail over SLG. I personally havn't shot a SLG, but I love the feel of the rail.

EDIT: ninja'd

Hossy
05-12-2008, 12:54 PM
He's saying you can get one for a cheap price.

No, he's saying you can get one for cheap.

exactly!

dont buy new, buy used. Save yourself money you can use on something else for the gun, or paint, or just save money in general

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Ahh I see. Yeah im currently looking at a Olive (love this color) PMR with a UL trigger frame. Lets see if I can snatch it for about $200. If not ill settle for a SLG. More opinions are welcome.

DRAGON
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I almost went for the olive till I saw it physically. It's actually gold not olive green. I ended up w/a black one instead. You should really just see if you can shoot both and decide yourself. We'll all tell you to get what we have. I do know the PMR is incredibly light and there's really no recoil at all to speak of. Almost too little for me. I like to feel that I'm actually shooting something. You'd want a new trigger, back cap and prolly some spring detents. -

Last time I went ballin, I let my son use any of my markers he wanted to. He started out with my Virtued VS2. I asked him after a couple games if he wanted to try the PMR. He declined and shot the VS2 the rest of the day. I may just end up giving it to him as part of his graduation present since he fell in love with it. -

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess your right. Ill have to pass by my local paint shop and see if they let me dry fire it. I doubt it tho.

DRAGON
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Don't rush it. There's prolly tons of them on your local field. Tell someone with one you'd like to get (fill in the blank) but you wanna shoot it first. Ask if you could shoot some of your paint through theirs. You'd get a better idea of the markers performance and feel if you shoot paint through it -

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Thx. I will do that.

Hossy
05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Don't rush it. There's prolly tons of them on your local field. Tell someone with one you'd like to get (fill in the blank) but you wanna shoot it first. Ask if you could shoot some of your paint through theirs. You'd get a better idea of the markers performance and feel if you shoot paint through it -

make sure you use your paint.
also, respect their equipment. If you go to any field usually people will let you try their gun, but dont run off with it. usually people are very nice and respectful, but if someone says no dont worry about it, and dont ask them/the group their with.

STRIKEFIRST
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I just picked up a LNIB PM6...less than one day of play...gorgeous for 235 bucks shipped.

Just a thought.

Hossy
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I just picked up a LNIB PM6...less than one day of play...gorgeous for 235 bucks shipped.

Just a thought.

If your wanting to spend a few extra bucks, the PM6 is a huge step up IMO. you can get them for around 250 just like STRIKEFIRST said.
Check out Our BST. I know theres at least one there. check it out!

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Well I just got back from my local paint shop. The bodys on these guns are beautiful! Now the stock trigger and frame looks like it was made out of recycled plastic! Is the UL frame made out of the same material?

And yes the PMR did feel alot better in my hands then the SLG. So thats next on my list of guns. I did also notice the SLG has HUGE travel before it hits the trigger switch. Thats something I didn't like on the SLG and the size isnt all that different. Now I do have to say if theres one thing spyder is good at is the material used in the frames. Yes it might be heavier but i love the feel of it.

I got home and held my VS3 and it feels alot better then my Ion, autococker, and the protos I held today.

vikingshadow
05-12-2008, 03:26 PM
The UL frame is metal, and IMO worth the cost although it's not a performance upgrade. However, don't be fooled by the looks of the stock frame - it's VERY durable and strong. You won't break it!

Dragon is absolutely right on the color thing. I almost got an olive after I bought my black one (they didn't have any other color at the time I bought mine. Just black.) and it's a goldish color - not olive.

DisIsMyUsername
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I guess your right. Ill have to pass by my local paint shop and see if they let me dry fire it. I doubt it tho.

bring some air and paint and i'll let u shoot mine. I <3 the PMR, great shooter for the price and its ULd

DRAGON
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
There ya go.....connected! - ;)

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
bring some air and paint and i'll let u shoot mine. I <3 the PMR, great shooter for the price and its ULd

That sounds good! its gt a UL frame?

LostCause
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Proto-Matrix-M6-PM6-with-upgrades-blue-black-freak_W0QQitemZ330235187782QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4724 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

found that pm6, may jump on it lol just showing some help, if this is wrong delete please

DisIsMyUsername
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
its ULed

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Ricky287/Paintball/DSC03669.jpg

SUNNYboi
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Proto-Matrix-M6-PM6-with-upgrades-blue-black-freak_W0QQitemZ330235187782QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4724 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

found that pm6, may jump on it lol just showing some help, if this is wrong delete please

Yeah im keeping a eye on that one already.:p

disismyusername.......PM me your number again and ill take my tank and balls tomorrow after school :)

DisIsMyUsername
05-12-2008, 09:13 PM
will do.

what time? I wont be home til after 5 and i live in kendall. i'll PM u.

remember no co2. lolol

SUNNYboi
05-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I get out around 8 and I dont own Co2 tanks lol