PDA

View Full Version : Alamo city two o-ring bolt question

alter_77
05-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm curious to know if anyone has any issues with chops with the alamo city bolt. Since there is no internal spring, that means this is not an anti-chop bolt, correct? When I install my 2 o-ring bolt am I going to be more likely to experience more chops? Any insight would be great. thanks.

KingTutBaller
05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Correct, it is not an anti chop bolt.
If you are chopping due to blowback, (the air from the stock bolt escaping up and into your feedneck, pushing the balls back upwards against gravity, called popcorning) the o-rings should help with that.

If you're using a regular shake'n'bake hopper, and you are outshooting it, yes, you will likely chop balls with this bolt. If you have a good force fed hopper, you should be fine.

alter_77
05-10-2008, 09:55 PM
thanks for the quick response. currently, I don't chop hardly any balls...I broke in my anti-chop bolt for about a week. I've got an empire hopper with the wheel inside that is sound activated...it works for me now since I don't fire full auto ever. I guess I should probably wait to put it in until i get a better hopper then?

KingTutBaller
05-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Not really. Getting a good force-fed hopper will help eliminate blow-back itself, so unless your setup is really being bothered by blowback, in my opinion, you don't need another bolt.

All your own preference and opinion though. I used a 3 o-ring bolt in my Mr2, not an ACP bolt though, and I didn't see much of a difference. I was also using a qloader, so I can't really comment on the change.

chrisjb82
05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
don't you have the problem of breaking off the ball detent with the 3 o-ring bolt thought? I made the mistake of getting the 3 o-ring and sheered my detent off the first round i played...

KingTutBaller
05-11-2008, 02:42 PM
My 3-ring isn't an Alamo City paintball bolt, so I don't know if I can really compare them, but no, I did not have this problem, it never harmed the detent in the marker I mainly use it in, so I didn't suspect it would damage my MR2. Although, I only fired about 400 rounds through my MR2 with the 3-ring bolt in it so I can't be sure.

chrisjb82
05-12-2008, 03:46 AM
oh ok...not sure if there would be much of a difference either but if you didn't have a problem breaking off your detent then there must be a little difference in them. The Alamo City 3 ring definately wasn't too kind to the detents at all.