PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts w/my MR2 and stuff...

Gren VTBC
05-10-2008, 06:29 PM
first off I'm still a newb to this sport/hobby but I friggin love it!
Anyways so the last 2 weeks we've been playing quite a bit, and I have had a chance to review my inventory, so I been interchanging between my 2 hoppers and 2 barrels (still waiting on my apex, and I hate waiting lol)

halo b: great hopper no chops even in full auto and burst, btw I've got stock detents and stock bolt. I unloaded a full hopper's worth in full auto and NO CHOPS (lucky me I guess).The downside is when playing in a game I noticed I went thru that hopper fast and found myself reloading, and it sits on my gun pointing more towards 11 o'clock rather than 12 o'clock due to my red dot which has an offset mounting bracket

evlution egg3: good hopper, holds more paint which leads to less reloading which I like, seems like I have to reload at the wrong time when engaged in a heated fire. Sits perfectly square w/my red dot. Downside is that it chops BUT only when in full auto, works good in 3 burst. If your like me I stay in semi all day anyways so the egg is perfect until maybe the end of the day when I go all rambo.

J&J: bottomline love it! Especially when matched w/the right paint, last night I used karnage (green color, yellow fill, brown box) don't know which level it is but what a perfect match to this barrel. I was putting 3 shots on top of eachother easily

rap4 rifled barrel 12": its good also but didn't have the distance as the j&j maybe because of the length difference

anyways thought this would help atleast somebody I know most of the experts on here prolly already knew all this. BTW NEVER BUY BONUS BALLS THEY SUCK THEY DID NOT MATCH ANY OF MY BARRELS AND THEY SHOOT SIDEWAYS, DOWNWARDS, UPWARDS WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

slim and shady
05-10-2008, 06:52 PM
You were chopping with your egg III even with the eyes on?

Hossy
05-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Glad you like the sport and the gun!

do you have a pic of your stuff?

DRAGON
05-10-2008, 06:54 PM
If you're using C02 with no antisiphon, it may be why it's chopping in full auto. This MR with or w/o eyes? Makes sense to just not use the mode that chops and use the ones that it doesn't chop in. I never use any modes when playing. Using full auto is why you're running out of paint so often as well -

Gren VTBC
05-10-2008, 09:28 PM
no eyes mr2, and I got a HPA Java Tank hooked up w/a remote line

Gren VTBC
05-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh and the only time I went full auto was towards the end of the day rambo style lol, and I think I did pretty good out there especially going up against super sport Ions, shockers, and what are they called eteks? something to that effect

Gren VTBC
05-10-2008, 09:34 PM
aye dragon is that the eye from zeitgeist the movie trailer, what a crazy movie mayne, ITS A CONSPIRACY!! LOL

TheDarkShadow
05-11-2008, 06:33 PM
That's his eye and I'm glad you enjoy paintball, goodluck w/the Apex. I think you'll like it

DRAGON
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
No copies! That's a true DRAGON's eye and don't you fergit it fella - ;)

Gren VTBC
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
daym thats ur true eye? that looks crazy pic mayne