PDA

View Full Version : PMR price hike?

SharpObjects
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I was seriously thinking of picking up a red Proto Rail, but I noticed at actionvillage that they are no longer $250 but $275. What gives? Its like this at every online shop I go to. Its not like it's a big price hike, but thats $25 I was going to spend on a new back cap.

Hossy
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Buy used.
they go for mad cheap

bigred76
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Hint: Look in Claus's sales thread. It isn't red, but it is cheaper than most out there.

mr1 sniper
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
or shark justed posted up a sales thread

DisIsMyUsername
05-09-2008, 01:48 PM
check the nation as well. I just bought a Red UL'd one for a real fair price.

xsvly-fat
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah they are cheap on PBN, I'm trying to sell mine if you want to buy it ;)

Maxx-Damage
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I got my PMR SE for $255 off PBN. $15 for shipping got me, and the noid went 3 days later.

But i am curious why the hike?

vikingshadow
05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Everything paintball related has raised slightly in price to compensate for the higher cost of transportation, manufacturing, materials, etc. It started with paint, but is spreading into all equipment. Considering that prices had been dropping on everything paintball related for a few years, it's overdue that companies start raising prices.

It's not just paintball - my grocery bill has jumped a good 50 bucks over the past couple of months. Get ready, we're going to see price hikes on everything over the next couple of years.

SharpObjects
05-09-2008, 03:42 PM
I figured the price of transportation being the reason, but I haven't seen it really anywhere else as high as I did with the PMR. At least not on online stores.

Hmm I hardly ever buy something I cannot hold, But I will look around used, maybe a low enough price can change my mind. I can't get one until I start college anyways, in September. I'm just in that pre-marker-owning anticipation. :D

And it must be red! I want blood-red, and I'm going to put red eye covers, feedneck, trigger, back cap, everything must be red! Heehee

DFSniper
05-09-2008, 04:05 PM
It's not just paintball - my grocery bill has jumped a good 50 bucks over the past couple of months. Get ready, we're going to see price hikes on everything over the next couple of years.
yeah, my gas for my car has gone up almost $50 a month too... i got my car in january, and prices have gone up $.50-$.60 since then.

minimum wage is going up in july, but with the rising of prices, thats not going to do me much good...

deano 177
05-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I have heard that Kee was going to raise prices to stabilze the market. This might be happening...

Ace24
05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Everything paintball related has raised slightly in price to compensate for the higher cost of transportation, manufacturing, materials, etc. It started with paint, but is spreading into all equipment. Considering that prices had been dropping on everything paintball related for a few years, it's overdue that companies start raising prices.

Sounds great! Lets raise the price of gasoline, and everything else we deem necessary for our lives, and lower the value of the dollar!

:(