PDA

View Full Version : War. *WARNING, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART*

Ace24
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
WARNING: THIS VIDEO INCLUDES GRAPHIC CONTENT AND DISTURBING IMAGES. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

My team mate, friend made this video to help show what war is really about.

I really think he did a good job compiling the images into his thoughts. It really makes you think.

Timm's War Video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=hkChlFU1l5w)

TheDarkShadow
05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
good video, graphic, but it get's his point across

DirtySouth
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
9/10

OSOK
05-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Very good, even though I honestly would have rather gone into the war than to have stayed out of it. I think he got his point across very well.

The music really didn't fit, he probably could have used a slower song, or just a piano piece of some sort.

mr1 sniper
05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
very good video, probably will open a lot of people's eyes as to what is really going on in this world

DFSniper
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
i like how he tried keeping it politically unbiased. i'd give him an A+. good editing too.

LostCause
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
he deffianntly made a good, eye opeing movie, and kept it as unbiased as possible good job to him!

Sandman_Bravo
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Yep, good video. I could have done without the screeching "singer" death metal in the background, but overall a poinient well edited clip.

SupaSnipa
05-08-2008, 06:01 PM
AWESOME AWESOME editing! I think that in some of the pictures could have stayed up a bit longer, however, I thought it captured the war VERY well.

On a different note, I will have to disagree will OSOK 100%, I believe that the music was perfect for the ocassion.

Great Job!

OSOK
05-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Ya I probably didn't like the music cause I listen to more Classic Rock.

DFSniper
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
yeah, it fit, but only in a few places. most of the homemade videos from downrange that i've seen have heavy metal background music, but for the third world countries, a slower song (one at least one you can make out the words to!) would have been a little more appropriate.

Ace24
05-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I liked the music.

If you get a chance, pause at 50 seconds.

Look at the size of the Tzar Bomba compared to the size of Hiroshima. (Hiro is the tiny dot on the left...)

Tzar could destroy at least half of the planet. It would cover the rest in radiation. That is a VERY scary thought.

DFSniper
05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
yeah, and i dont think thats the biggest one either...
what ted's talking about:
http://www.blogiseverything.com/files/pics/nuclear_bomb_comparison.gif

TheDarkShadow
05-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Look at the size of the Tzar Bomba compared to the size of Hiroshima. (Hiro is the tiny dot on the left...)

Tzar could destroy at least half of the planet. It would cover the rest in radiation. That is a VERY scary thought.

I'd prefer to be in the bombed part, that's the kind of **** I dont like to thnik about

DFSniper
05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
ever seen On the Beach? that makes you think!

TheDarkShadow
05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
can't say that I have

DFSniper
05-08-2008, 06:37 PM
basically its about a sub that travels the world after a nuclear holocaust during the cold war. eh, its too complicated to explain, so here's the wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_%281959_film%29

TheDarkShadow
05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
seems intense

OSOK
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
If the size of the Tzar is true, I honestly am scared for my life. We better have one of those in the U.S because if the Soviets decide to let that one off we are all screwed. I honestly don't think that thing should be aloud to exist. If an "accident" happens the world is done for. I mean the only way I can see destroying that thing is launching it into deep, deep space.

durrell
05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Whatever anyone else in the world has, we are probably 10 years ahead of as far as technology goes.

I'm not concerned.

bigred76
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
:yeahthat: The Soviets were always braggarts. They NEVER had a more powerful nuke than us and they NEVER had more than us.

Ace24
05-08-2008, 10:53 PM
The fact that we have the technology to make a nuke that could quite literally destroy our planet scares the **** out of me.

It's funny how in the end, some of our federal taxes go towards things that could potentially destroy us.

LostCause
05-09-2008, 05:07 PM
not going to voice my politcal oppions about how our country....but The only country that really compete with us, and could easily beat us in a convential war is China, having a billion strong military helps. That adn they are a nuclear power, that does not have the restraint we do. Also they have some of the best Hackers, and that alone is worse the Nucluer war, cause thiswilll cause us to kill each other lol.

Critical
05-09-2008, 05:21 PM
/topic

I disagree about China being able to defeat us in a conventional war. Even with all of the technology that has been handed over to them, even with their million man army, and even with their nukes, we would win. It may not be an easy win, but we would win. Their command structure is too inflexible to be able to respond effectively to our field commanders actions. Think of our army of the 1940's and 1950's. That's what China has. They think that superior numbers of boots is all they need, that is incorrect. Our military has proven in Irate that our armed forces have the flexibility to react to and overwhelm superior numbers. Plus, if anything happens, we now have a generation of soldiers who have gotten experience in real combat, they have garrison troops who have sitting on their rear ends.

What you say about their electronics capabilities is much more frightening, and much more of a real threat.

I say we send Druid to China to show them the error of their ways.

TheDarkShadow
05-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Also they have some of the best Hackers, and that alone is worse the Nucluer war, cause thiswilll cause us to kill each other lol.

slightly reminds me of Live free or die hard

durrell
05-09-2008, 10:12 PM
/topic

I disagree about China being able to defeat us in a conventional war. Even with all of the technology that has been handed over to them, even with their million man army, and even with their nukes, we would win. It may not be an easy win, but we would win. Their command structure is too inflexible to be able to respond effectively to our field commanders actions. Think of our army of the 1940's and 1950's. That's what China has. They think that superior numbers of boots is all they need, that is incorrect. Our military has proven in Irate that our armed forces have the flexibility to react to and overwhelm superior numbers. Plus, if anything happens, we now have a generation of soldiers who have gotten experience in real combat, they have garrison troops who have sitting on their rear ends.

What you say about their electronics capabilities is much more frightening, and much more of a real threat.

Very intelligent post.

I concur completely. :up:

LostCause
05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
/topic

yese, but look at Korea, even though it was a stalemate , and in the end we pulled out. We would've won if China didnt even slightly interfer,but because of that, we had to pull out (and no offence, just seems like every country we go in the Majority cant fight to save their lives (no pun intended), ex: Iraqi's, get over your dang diffrences, reason why they'll never have a army, should of kept the army....but nooo we were stupid, disbanded it, and had thousands of angry, trained soldiers now...sorry i digress) i think if we fought close to them it would cause a few things to cause us to lose.....oil prices even higher, a draft (and half of the country leaves....sorry sorry....), rationing, and not having a strong MILITARY minded president. Though we could beat them, im just saying there are only real "Convential military threat", I think Terriost with a dirty bomb could harm us more, just my oppion. Also Combat troops who are vetrans after a while turn into "old dogs" (yes this is proven to be true, been true since the start of warfare, ex:Civil war when Vetran troops, knew that they were going into a slaughter and did anything possible to stop it, delay it, or just not listen) That, but having a generation of vetrans is not that good in the USA,I know that I have never lived in a time of peace, and most likely n ever will be. The USA will not stand for contuning fighting (though I blame the Media like almsot everything else, they only focus on the bad, and there is so much good happeing)

Though in my honest oppion I think Cyber terriosm and cyber warfare (comeon they can blow up stuff through the internet, thats scary stuff) is really where are biggest threat in today's world is.

*discalamier* delete if offend anyone please, adn sorry for bad spelling, getting ready for prom :(

OSOK
05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Hackers are a problem, but look at all the Chinese coming to America now. Wouldn't that give us some of the best hackers as well? Everyone says that the only reason the US holds the bigger corporations is because we have an imagination and think outside of the box. Almost every other country out there has a better education system then us, and the only reason we can compete with them is because of the way we can think.

LostCause
05-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Amen, man, and yeah they come over, but still. Theres always a chance there moles (yeah yeah yeah, sounds goofy, but still) Todays world its just stressful.

And school system could be way better in the USA, oh well.

OSOK
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I also did a report on the Korean War...

Basically we had them we would have had all of Korea.

We were pushed all the way down, by Korea and fought our way back up. We were near China's border when China decided to fight back and we reached a stale mate at the 38'th parallel. The war is actually still going on, and hasn't ended, the only thing that happened was a Cease Fire Treaty.

In conclusion we should have had Korea, but China didn't want us to, which shows Chinas power..

In a war though we would most likely not start it, and it is much easier to defend our shores then to invade theirs...

In any case, if we fire a nuke at anyone, or anyone else fires a nuke at anyone, it will most likely end in a nuclear war, or a nuclear holocaust.

LostCause
05-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Also on a side note (relgion right now, if yall dont belive it ignore this post) China is building a 8 lane highway to Irsael, this highway many belive is ging to have China go to irsael for the battle of Armagadon.....

just a side not eonce again

OSOK
05-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Why would China be building it?

Also on a side note...
That is probably a huge myth...

LostCause
05-10-2008, 11:25 PM
because china needs a avenue to get to the western side of the contient, and be able to transport goods by road. So they say.

OSOK
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I can honestly see China collapsing in a decade or so...

DFSniper
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
not with the way their economy is running. they're exporting so much stuff for so cheap!