PDA

View Full Version : '05 Electra bolt does not come out.

Spec-Ops
05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I have the '05 Electra and I can not get the cocking knob out so I can remove the bolt. I have done everything. I've pulled straight up, I've used pliers and pulled as hard as I can and it will not come out (and I'm not like a tiny kid either) I'm sick of not being able to dis-assemble my marker. If I knew that it would be so complicated to maintain my marker I would have never gotten a Spyder. :mad:

TheDarkShadow
05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
try to unscrew the screw in the back of the bolt, but be careful to not strip it out

Spec-Ops
05-07-2008, 05:27 PM
try to unscrew the screw in the back of the bolt, but be careful to not strip it out

Did that. It definatly loosend the cocking knob but it definatly won't come out still. I am thinking that the slot on top where the cocking knob goes back and forth when shot on the body on the marker is too thin. like the base of the cocking knob it to fat to fit through. Could this be possible?

Hossy
05-07-2008, 06:12 PM
are you sure your not being too careful?
are you sure you didnt tighten it the screw?

the first time I did it I had to yank, after that it seemed fine

TheDarkShadow
05-07-2008, 06:21 PM
yea the first time is always the hardest

MVS1
05-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Spec, bare down and pull that Biatch out, it will come out it just takes some "persuasion" (sp..pretty sure that's right but I do only have a high school ed..:D).

Spec-Ops
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I fully removed the screw thing and i pulled as hard as I could with pliers on the cocking knob. My dad even pulled as hard as he could still it didn't come out. I mean I've put some real force into it and still nothing.

MVS1
05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Throw a couple drops of marker oil in there, let it sit then give it another go. Try using a twisting motion while pulling on it....It's a ***** but it will come out

TheDarkShadow
05-07-2008, 06:29 PM
ok never tried this, but if you are really desperate to get it off, one person take the body, another person grab a claw hammerput the clawon the knob and pull on that som*****. possibly not a great idea but that's all I got

MVS1
05-07-2008, 06:33 PM
A claw hammmer!?!?! damn that's a pretty good use of common hand tools...put some electrical tape on the body to make sure the body and hammer don't come in contact and give it a go....Nice one Shadow :up:

Spec-Ops
05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Finally came out! I took a lot of marker oil and some locking grip pliers and pulled like hell! Thanks guys!