PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Idea/Mod #2

florios
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x99/florios/ideanumbre2.jpg

also im sure you would be able to make a socket to detach your self from the trigger and make a little pully system to make wire come out and in so its not hard

Hossy
05-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Thats an interesting concept. A very interesting Idea.
But if you just put your finger there on the activation, would the gun be in a more automatic state?

DFSniper
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
how about this: a switch with 4 contact points, linked together in pairs, and a metal sheet on each fingertip. that way when your first finger comes down, itll connect the first two points, completing the circuit. then, when your second finger comes down below the first one, it'll do the same thing.

edit: to hossy: no, i forget the name of the switch, but it wouldnt hold a complete circuit, just activate it, and you would need to hit it again to activate it again. the same concept as a microswitch but designed differently. i wish i could remember what its called. any electricians/electrical engineers in the house?

XSiv Force
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
yes and no it could be made auto, but if they put a breaker in it it would be semi.....problem with that design is the sensitivity

shunut
05-06-2008, 06:14 PM
What if you needed to switch hands?

OSOK
05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
What if you needed to switch hands?
Lol

So essentially you have a trigger with two points, that doesn't move so it essentially will fire as fast as your fingers go?

EDIT: Nevermind I looked at the picture again.

SUNNYboi
05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
its a rocking trigger w/o the trigger.

florios
05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
well personaly i only use my right hand on the trigger i never really thought about that also you could and another metal peace so it would be like the rocking trigger but no trigger like he said

DFSniper
05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
i still like my idea. that would eliminate the wire and make it ambidextrous.

florios
05-06-2008, 06:30 PM

its a cood idea exept theres the issue of ur finger getting between the two plates every time unless the gap between was reallly small

SUNNYboi
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM

Your idea is alot more simple. But then you need to be precise where you put your fingers.

DFSniper
05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
well, if you look at a trigger frame, theres not too many places where your fingers can come down at. my 2 fingers take up everything but maybe 1/4" of the inner height of the trigger frame.

ninja edit: am i the only one that doesnt use their fingertips to walk the trigger?

EyeMaster
05-07-2008, 07:03 AM
This could be problematic to just hold the gun. Give it a try and report back!

shunut
05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
This could be problematic to just hold the gun. Give it a try and report back!

Agreed, you'd have to be really careful or you'd be shooting all the time even if you didn't mean to.

SUNNYboi
05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
ninja edit: am i the only one that doesnt use their fingertips to walk the trigger?

I don't use my fingertips either. I'm a lot faster using the middle section of my fingers.

kramernator
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
well, the metal plates could be moved down, so it covered the whole finger.

for switching hands, what about something wireless? you could have sort of receiver on the back of your hand....wait, going wireless wouldn't work cuz its just completing a circuit...hmmmmmmm

extrabonez
05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
or try your idea on a cheap rocking trigger if you can take the trigger off try taping like thin plastic or something to make it not set off the switch but still have more surface area so you can walk it easier and not have to be specific on where you hit. or even try taping like 1/2" to like 1"thin plastic squares on your gloves and see if that would work.. but that could only work for a person with lots of room unless your fingers are that big and still fit in the trigger frame

florios
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
or try your idea on a cheap rocking trigger if you can take the trigger off try taping like thin plastic or something to make it not set off the switch but still have more surface area so you can walk it easier and not have to be specific on where you hit. or even try taping like 1/2" to like 1"thin plastic squares on your gloves and see if that would work.. but that could only work for a person with lots of room unless your fingers are that big and still fit in the trigger frame

no not nessisarily the mettal plates can be extended to any size you feel like

also i know you would shoot when you dont want to thats why i would turn on safty and if im in the middle of the game i keep my fingers on the rim of the trigger thing i think its called a trigger guard witch you could put rubber or tape around so you dont set it off by going through the frame

also im probly not going to try this for one thing i have no metal or gloves for that matter but if some one has the suppplyes i invite you to try

battlechaser
05-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Could use a magnetic microswitch, (like the Hall Effect kit), and just sew two magnets into your pb gloves.

deano 177
05-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Maybe something like this...
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Paintball/magfinger.jpg

OSOK
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
The magnets would have to be just the right strength so that you don't have to put your finger too close but weak enough so it doesn't repel it at too much of a distance.

florios
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
well that could work too

deano 177
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I was thinking that you basically would move your fingers just like if a trigger was there but hitting the back of the grip. So the fingers/magnets would activate the microswitch if it gets within... say 1/4"?

OSOK
05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
The magnets would work, theoretically, but you would probably have a few problems when firing.

EyeMaster
05-09-2008, 11:53 AM
The problem with just a touch connect is that your fingers are hovering, and you're just holding the grip with your 2 weakest fingers. Finger dexterity is sensitive enough to know when you're touching a normal trigger, so you won't shoot when you don't want to (in theory). The problem here is that as soon as you would touch the contact, it's too late, the gun fires.

You could push your idea even a bit further. Just have one metal conductor in your index finger, and put 2, 3 or even 4 contact patches on the handle (which would be triggers). Then instead of twitching your finger, you just slide it to each contact patch, sliding your finger up and down as fast as you can, ensuring maximum trigger count.

I don't see it as effective tho.

florios
05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
The problem with just a touch connect is that your fingers are hovering, and you're just holding the grip with your 2 weakest fingers. Finger dexterity is sensitive enough to know when you're touching a normal trigger, so you won't shoot when you don't want to (in theory). The problem here is that as soon as you would touch the contact, it's too late, the gun fires.

You could push your idea even a bit further. Just have one metal conductor in your index finger, and put 2, 3 or even 4 contact patches on the handle (which would be triggers). Then instead of twitching your finger, you just slide it to each contact patch, sliding your finger up and down as fast as you can, ensuring maximum trigger count.

I don't see it as effective tho.

i dont completly understand what your saying here mabe a diagram??

Hossy
05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
hes kinda explaining it like its a keyboard/piano.

if you have your one finger complete like 4 different circuits by moving up and down the keys really fast.

florios
05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
oh i get it i dont think that would be very good with the feild eather

oldironmudder
05-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Why dont yall do like they did on an old bushy. Replace the m/s with a hall efx or reed switch & sew a magnet into your gloves at the tips. I remember the video & there didnt seam to be any problems. Im sure you would have to keep your finger in a general area to fire right.

kmb32123
05-27-2008, 04:27 PM
In order to be tournament legal you need a lever beeing used as a trigger.

applesauce
05-29-2008, 05:17 AM
what happens if i want to toss my gun in the air, do a sweet roll under a bunker or perhaps an opponents legs, and catch it on the other side??

florios
05-31-2008, 08:06 PM
what happens if i want to toss my gun in the air, do a sweet roll under a bunker or perhaps an opponents legs, and catch it on the other side??

lol thats the most retarded thing ive ever herd lmao

florios
06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
sry duble