PDA

View Full Version : Board Swaping?

deano 177
05-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I was just wondering why guys change their boards in markers like the mini. I can understand changing the older stock boards like I have in my vs3. You simply have no options with that board but the board that comes in the mini has plenty of options and can be set up just about any way you want. I guess it is just personal preferance? What does the virtue board give you over the stock? Maybe programing?

XSiv Force
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Some people do it just because they have the money and they want to...i dont know too much about the mini but i agree i dont see changing the board in it is necassary

VS3 Sniper
05-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Aftermarket boards are more programable, they have more features, some have better battery life, have alot more modes etc. its all about personal preference.

bigred76
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM
The only marker that I have owned that has not required an aftermarket board for all the things I expect to be able to do with my guns is my Cyborg (The stock board on that is pretty much the best I've ever used in any marker).

I have very picky preferences, and when I can't tell my gun's board to do something at a certain time at a certain rate in a certain way.... then I don't like it.

deano 177
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I see. I have never had a gun with a board before so it is a whole new experiance for me.

colonel_moo
05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, I don't know too much about new guns, since I don't really make it to the field anymore, but the stock board on my DM3 was significantly lacking. An aftermarket board usually gives you better debounce, filtering, and overall gun operation control in addition to extra firing modes and ease of programming.

big_daddy_d
05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
better eye logic, debounce settings, ways to combat FSDO etc...

Triple xXx
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I put a Tadao board in my VS3. It has settings that the stock board does not have.

Tadao makes a board for the Mini also that is better than the stock board.

The stock board in the mini is a decent board but you have to take the cover off to change the settings. With a stock board you don't have to do that.

A custom board has setting s like loader delay, dwell, bolt delay that the stock board does not have. My VS3 shot 10 times better with the new board in it.

deano 177
05-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I put a Tadao board in my VS3. It has settings that the stock board does not have.

My VS3 shot 10 times better with the new board in it.
Well, I can understand why you would change in the VS3. All you basically have with the stock board is the eyes.