PDA

View Full Version : My Stage 5

druid
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
There is nothing stock. I guess I should get the reg, AA tip, drop and asa annoed to match but I'm less worried about that because she runs FLAWLESSLY...

Dust red/black fade, Stage 5 Ion (1/99)
TechT L6v2 bolt
Freak/Gloss red AA tip 14"
Clippard QEV
Stage 4 Spitfire w. Dye membrane pad
Dust red Element V2 frame
Black NDZ delrin trigger
Gloss Red CP reg
Gloss red drop
Gloss red/black Trinity ASA-on/off
Dye Stickies (I know, I know...they look ghey but they will have to do for now)

Input pressure is 90-105 psi, depending on fps of the day...280 to 300
20bps consistant but set to semi.

Pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/100_2333.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/100_2332.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/100_2330.jpg

durrell
05-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Wow. I haven't seen a drop that big in ages. :p

marvin-martian
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
holy drop batman! but everything else is sexy.

bamf-hacker
05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
its not that big considering he plays with a 100000 cc tank :)

Nice Ion buddy.

TheDarkShadow
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
taht's the 2nd best ion I've seen

DFSniper
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
:yeahthat: i agree.

bamf, how big is that drop? i think mine may be bigger (6" x 3")

xsvly-fat
05-05-2008, 02:45 PM
i like the marker but that drop forward is ugly

Ace24
05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I like it! I'm guessing the L6V2 is the reason you can do 90-106PSI with it...

I might have to look into a L7.

Liking it a lot though. That drop kills me a little.

On a side note, I have that same chair in my kitchen!

Nice Ion buddy.
Didn't know they measured tanks like a engine size... :p

DirtySouth
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM

What's the first?

druid
05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow. I haven't seen a drop that big in ages. :p
1. LOL. Since I use 88 and 114/45's right on the marker, the drop stays right where it's at.
holy drop batman! but everything else is sexy.
See answer #1

Nice Ion buddy.
Exactly. If I could figure out a way to rig a SCUBA tank to it, I would! Thanks
and what's the first? Thanks though
:yeahthat: i agree.

bamf, how big is that drop? i think mine may be bigger (6" x 3")
5 forward and 3 down.
i like the marker but that drop forward is ugly
See answer #1 and thanks
I like it! I'm guessing the L6V2 is the reason you can do 90-106PSI with it...
Liking it a lot though. That drop kills me a little.
On a side note, I have that same chair in my kitchen!
Didn't know they measured tanks like a engine size... :p
The L6v2, in conjunction with the QEV and the good in-line reg that's in it are what keep it's LP qualities...that and I lube/maintain it rigorously. As for the drop...yeah, I know. I was raised with them and like them. The tanks I use are huge (I only do woodsball and Scenario) and I like to have them right on the marker. That could change but for now...I like it as it is.
The chairs are probably in 3/4 of every dining room in America...lol.

Ace24
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I think you should wait till I finish my ION then enter with me in the NSOTM :p

Hossy
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
im with everyone else, i dont like the drop, but I see why its there.
the rest is very nice.

druid
05-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I think you should wait till I finish my ION then enter with me in the NSOTM :p

I'll wait for ya and get better pics in the meantime :D .

im with everyone else, i dont like the drop, but I see why its there.
the rest is very nice.

Thanks. If I decide to go remote with it (or God forbid...get a smaller tank :p ), I'll remove the drop and just go with some other asa.

HelpDeskHustler
05-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Druid, why not just mount the 114 on your back? I would ask why you need a 114 if you get 2000 shots per 68... but that's your problem, overshooting.

Get a hollow point from deadlywind, my friend has one, it rips.

STRIKEFIRST
05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Nicest looking Ion i've seen.

Ace24
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Druid, why not just mount the 114 on your back? I would ask why you need a 114 if you get 2000 shots per 68... but that's your problem, overshooting.

I saw them and wasn't too impressed with what I saw... The one I saw didn't work in the guys Lucky 5 either. Idk...

One thing I might suggest, Druid, is to get the frame annoed to match the fade of the body. It'd look better. Then you could get a dust CP.

bigred76
05-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Outlaw games. No fills. He needs the capacity to be able to shoot two cases.

I believe that last count was close to 4k shots out of his tank...

druid
05-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Well in all honesty, I dont' really know...lol. I guess all said, I normally start out with this marker and shoot until my air is gone but at our small renegade field, I don't wear my tac vest. I wear a 5 Pod or my 5+4 {at small scenarios} because the games are so short and the field so [reletively] small. At large scenarios, I wear my Tac vest, which is set up for the back-tank + remote system. I'm out in the field all frikkin day and don't have to return for air. Skirmish is like a 30 min hike back to air...x's 2 ways is an hour+ that I'm not playing.

HP bolt? No way. This L6 [version 2] is simply amazing. If I replace it with anything, it will be the L7, or other future TechT bolt.
Nicest looking Ion i've seen.
Thank you.
I saw them and wasn't too impressed with what I saw... The one I saw didn't work in the guys Lucky 5 either. Idk...
One thing I might suggest, Druid, is to get the frame annoed to match the fade of the body. It'd look better. Then you could get a dust CP.
Well, I have a "scheme" in my head right now and it involves new anno and laser engraving. For what I want, it's going to cost me a chunk of change...but the entire marker will be done at one shot - anno and engraving. Everything will be done at once...Body, frame, AA tip + Back, reg, drop and ASA....everything.
Outlaw games. No fills. He needs the capacity to be able to shoot two cases.
I believe that last count was close to 4k shots out of his tank...
Exactly. I play renegade mostly but small-to-large scenario. I have the big tanks to last me all day, regardless where I go.
And yes...I get approx 3700 good shots out of the 114 and a little more than a case from the 88. If I did the tourney thing where all-day air was readily available, I'd have smaller tanks. Since I won't tourney, that likely won't happen.

HelpDeskHustler
05-08-2008, 03:28 AM
I mean, It might be easier to get a scuba tank, fill that and then fill a 68 up as you need it. Unless of course you're carrying 2 cases worth of pods on your back.

battlechaser
05-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Something tells me Druid with all his gear on, looks like Obidiah Stane's version of the Iron Man armour in the movie.

Funny, the only Ions I like are all owned by guys on the Spyder boards. ;)

druid
05-08-2008, 04:21 AM
I mean, It might be easier to get a scuba tank, fill that and then fill a 68 up as you need it. Unless of course you're carrying 2 cases worth of pods on your back.

Well I'd agree for the ren field but the Scenario fields...it's a hike-and-a-half back to the car or fill station...

...and yes...I've carried up to 5 cases into the field and was hunkered down allllllllll daaaaayyyyyyy already. Military duffels FTW....

Something tells me Druid with all his gear on, looks like Obidiah Stane's version of the Iron Man armour in the movie.

Funny, the only Ions I like are all owned by guys on the Spyder boards. ;)

You got that right...lol. Search my name and you'll find pics of me all over the board.

As for Ions being liked on this board, I would submit that it's probably because we treat our Ions not unlike Spyders. Meaning, we all played, play or will play with Spyders - which are one set of the low-enders of the genre - we relate that acceptance, experience and/or lifestyle to our Ions (and we don't get attitudes about them). We upgrade them like any other marker and just say "looky looky...."

HelpDeskHustler
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL 5 cases? And they say speedball players overshoot. I could hit 100+ people with 5 cases.

bigred76
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Claus.... I wouldn't doubt he did. :rolleyes: That's at Skirmish where they have games that big.

Ace24
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
If you have 2000 people running at you, I bet you'd shoot that much haha.

druid
05-08-2008, 04:00 PM
LOL 5 cases? And they say speedball players overshoot. I could hit 100+ people with 5 cases.
Yep. But understand...Skirmish gets 1500+ players on SMALL scenarios...7-hour jobbies...then there's Normandy - which in the past has had up to 4300 ballers. This coming year is capped at 3000 players so if you want to be in-field longer, you need to prepare your battle strategy accordingly.
Claus.... I wouldn't doubt he did. :rolleyes: That's at Skirmish where they have games that big.
Precisely PadiWan
If you have 2000 people running at you, I bet you'd shoot that much haha.

Yer damned right...lol. The Castle assault alone is a nightmare. It doesn't matter if your assailing or defending. The entire world of paintball comes barreling down on you, generally in waves.

Since I don't role-play too much outside "grunt infantry" I need my supplies handy. When I play an occasional "Ghost Flanker (sniper-kinda-thing)"...then I'm outfitted appropriately for that as well and that's not nearly the ammount of gear in-field...but I still need paint and air in case I phail at my task (and get spotted)....