PDA

View Full Version : MR2 w/ eyes added Trinity feedneck...

bartndr
05-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Hoping someone might be able to shed a little light.

I put a trinity feedneck on my MR2, and noticed that it failed to cover a couple wires that I can only assume are for the eyes.

First game out, the thing almost shook itself loose, so I tightened the screws again.

Second game out, misfires. Just stopped. I switch eyes off, and fires OK - just occasionally needs to be re-cocked.

Wondering if I should go back to the original feed port (as tall as it makes the marker) or is there something else needed on the Trinity (maybe a channel on the back like on the original feed port base).

Also, have to say I am not a huge fan of how there's maybe a quarter inch that the original part covered that the trinity doesn't.

What a trade off...

Thanks,

Rob

MR2 w/ eyes
J&J Ceramic Barrel
(up to) Aero Twister Barrel
Aftermarker grips

slim and shady
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Well considering you dont have the cover on I would expect you lost the detent on that side of the marker already.

When the gun jams is the Led blinking? (I cant remember what color the stock board blinks) I would think the reason that it stops firing is an eye malfunction and thats why when you turn the eyes off it shoots again. The eyes are probeblt not lining up back and forth because the cover isnt there to hold it in place. So to sum it up put a detent back in that side, put the right feedneck back on. Im not sure why you would have to recock the marker, were you running out of air? when you had to recock it did you have eyes on or off? What mode were you in?
Need more info for that one.

Welcome to the forums.

bartndr
05-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Didn't notice the LED blinking. The cocking was just what I did to try and resolve it, and with the eye's off, it seemed to be fine.

I don't think anything fell out or off - everything seems to be where it's supposed to be, no holes in the area that are not supposed to be there...

So I'll put the original back on I guess, it was nice to have the eye's there to keep it shooting clean.

Thanks for the help... anyone wanna buy a once used Trinity feed neck? :confused:

slim and shady
05-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Throw it up in the BST section somone will buy it.

dynastykiller08
05-05-2008, 01:39 PM
i had the same prob....and i cut a groove in the trinity like the original has and it was fine, i think it had something to do with it putting pressure on the eyes and wires....as far as covering the wires it wont! unfortunately but you can just cover it with electrical tape and it will be/look fine

bartndr
05-07-2008, 03:49 AM
i had the same prob....and i cut a groove in the trinity like the original has and it was fine, i think it had something to do with it putting pressure on the eyes and wires....as far as covering the wires it wont! unfortunately but you can just cover it with electrical tape and it will be/look fine

Funny part - I got in touch with trinity and they said it's for the MR1 and MR2 - but not the MR2 w/ eyes (something that wasn't listed where I got it from :( ). They also said a new feedneck was due out for the MR2 w/ eyes this week (surprise)....

Doh.

Good to know the eyes still work with the grves returned....

Thanks all,

Rob