PDA

View Full Version : vista help

king-man
05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
does anyone know where the temp files are on vista?, better yet where something would be if i downloaded something but just ran it, or does it delete them after something?

DFSniper
05-04-2008, 02:35 PM
open the search window and type "temp" that should bring it up.

OSOK
05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Ewww vista. I used vista for about a week then went back to XP. I know that XP deletes them, I don't think vista saves them but maybe it does.

HelpDeskHustler
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I probably don't want to know, but why are you trying to delete the temp files?

You can delete them by running the disk cleanup wizard and checking temporary files. You can find them by typing "%temp%" into the start menu search box.

king-man
05-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not, I dieloaded a file, and clicked run, instead of save and now I need it again

DFSniper
05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
no claus, he's trying to get to a program he ran from download (instead of saving, then running).

claus kinda beat me to it, but if you go into my computer (i think vista still has the address bar) and type %temp%, itll bring up all your temp files.

HelpDeskHustler
05-04-2008, 03:30 PM
ah whatever.

durrell
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm actually beginning to prefer Vista to XP.

I never thought I would say that, but it's true. Some things are annoying, but other things are such an improvement over XP.

As to the temp files..just type %TEMP% into the search bar.

HelpDeskHustler
05-04-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm actually beginning to prefer Vista to XP.

I never thought I would say that, but it's true. Some things are annoying, but other things are such an improvement over XP.

As to the temp files..just type %TEMP% into the search bar.

same, its just a matter of comfort. BTW it's already been answered :)