PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RSX PROBLEM...? Help...

Cmudge26
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
So my RSX is full charged battery, full compressed air 68/4500, everything going sweet for the first 5 games... its hot outside and playin woods ball...

All of sudden my gun is only shooting like 1 ball every second in the middle of the game... i had this problem two weekends in a row already... When i point the gun down it shoots perfect and responds to my fast fingers... but when i bring the gun up... nothing shoots!! it doesn't respond to my fast fingers... it only works when i point the gun down NOT up... what can this be? is this because its TOO hot outside... PLEASE HELP ME..... :(

king-man
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Check the frame screws, I bet they're loose

DRAGON
05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Could be the microswitch or maybe even you have the backslack on the trigger set too tight. If it's too tight the leaf spring inside the m/s cannot go forward enough to reset the switch for the next shot. Try readjusting the trigger and see what happens. Look to see if the arm on the m/s is broken -

Cmudge26
05-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Could be the microswitch or maybe even you have the backslack on the trigger set too tight. If it's too tight the leaf spring inside the m/s cannot go forward enough to reset the switch for the next shot. Try readjusting the trigger and see what happens. Look to see if the arm on the m/s is broken -

the frame screws were in pretty tight... Microswitch is which part?? Leaf spring is where?? Blackslack on teh trigger?? sorry this is new to me... :confused:

if the arm on the micro switch is broken... then i would have to send it in to Kingman right and get it fixed??

OSOK
05-04-2008, 07:10 AM
back slack on the trigger is how much room it has to move backwards after it hits the switch. If there is not enough, after you hit the switch, the switch can not re-set itself and move forward.

DRAGON
05-04-2008, 10:01 AM
the frame screws were in pretty tight... Microswitch is which part?? Leaf spring is where?? Blackslack on teh trigger?? sorry this is new to me... :confused:

if the arm on the micro switch is broken... then i would have to send it in to Kingman right and get it fixed??

M/S and arm is what the trigger hits to make the marker fire. Leaf spring is inside the m/s(don't even bother trying to mess with that. You'll prolly wreck it trying to take it apart). OSOK covered the backslack Q -

If the m/s arm is broken Spyder just may send you another if that's really the prob. All these were just guesses. If I don't have it, I can't make a solid evaluation -

OSOK
05-04-2008, 11:12 AM
If you can't find the problem your best bet is probably a local paintball shop. Or you could even try to find someone that can help you at your field.

Cmudge26
05-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Well like i said it work perfectly fine for the first 5 games.... then it doesnt work after that... why would it work for 5 games then not work...??

OSOK
05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Maybe your battery is dying? If you have a bad battery it might only be able to charge so much.

oldironmudder
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Have you thought about a bad electrican connection? Either in the M/S like dragon said or there at the board.

king-man
05-04-2008, 02:28 PM
but why would it be the board if he points it down it works fine, wait, co2 or hpa?

DRAGON
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Read the first post....HPA -

Cmudge26
05-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Have you thought about a bad electrican connection? Either in the M/S like dragon said or there at the board.

See im thinking its the M/S or bad electrician connection?? but i have my shop looking at it right now... see what it is... if not im going to ship it to Spyder cause its under warranty. the Synoid isn't clicking when i bring the barrel up and pressing on the trigger??

Cmudge26
05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
but why would it be the board if he points it down it works fine, wait, co2 or hpa?

Im using a HPA crossfire tank 68/4500

Cmudge26
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Question... whats the Round Silver device above the tadao board that makes the clicking noise when you shoot??

Cmudge26
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
i had a paintball shop look at it.... the trigger is fine.... Microswitch is fine and the arm isn't broken... What the Problem with my RSX...??

Cmudge26
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Can it Over Heat?? cause like i said i put it away thinking im done for the day and then i go home and it works fine... Weird

king-man
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Question... whats the Round Silver device above the tadao board that makes the clicking noise when you shoot??
soliniod
Can it Over Heat?? cause like i said i put it away thinking im done for the day and then i go home and it works fine... Weird
No, it can't over heat, maybe the board but it shouldn't, it could freeze but only if u were using co2

bigred76
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Hmmm, been thinking about this for a bit, it's a very weird problem. How far is the velocity adjuster in? Enough to make it shoot 285fps @ 250-300psi?

Cmudge26
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Hmmm, been thinking about this for a bit, it's a very weird problem. How far is the velocity adjuster in? Enough to make it shoot 285fps @ 250-300psi?

a guy hand a chrono at the field... i chrono at 265 three games right before it happened.... then it happen? the psi is at 260 and the velocity adjuster is only 3 full turns in... what you think BigRed76??

florios
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
well that happend to me befor like it always is good for the first few games then my trigger frame screws get loose so i take cover and screw it back tight and it works again

bigred76
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I think you need to turn the PSI up to 275-280, and check it out again. I have a feeling that it's the PSI and velocity adjustment that's out of wack.

Cmudge26
05-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I think you need to turn the PSI up to 275-280, and check it out again. I have a feeling that it's the PSI and velocity adjustment that's out of wack.

alright i went ahead and made the adjustment on my PSI Gauge to the last green line which is about 275 psi. i also went ahead and bought a new battery too just in case lol

the velocity spring... how many full turns should i screw it in?? im going out this saturday to play so ill see then... i going to bring my camera and if it happens im going to record it this time ;)

Cmudge26
05-19-2008, 08:43 PM
well i took it out saturday morning and....

it didnt break on me once... i played 8 full games and nothing messed up...

i adjusted at about 280 psi and i also realize later i didnt even have the velocity spring screw in...? lol but how many turns for the velocity spring since i changed my psi?