PDA

View Full Version : Landmines

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
DO you think landmines are an effective stratagie for scenario paintball? (Or woodsball I guess)

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah if you capture someone and tape it to there chest and tell them to start walking

slim and shady
05-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Alright were are the other two stooges?

That is the best landmine ambush you could come up with? Here I thought that you were reative. I actually use landmines and perimiter alarms alot when I snipe on the shy side of the feild. Or when we set ambushes for bigger groups

irishwarrior
05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
yeah if you capture someone and tape it to there chest and tell them to start walking ^lol

Stooge 2 reporting for duty, sir! I think for a sniper if you put mines around the sides of your perimeter and an infrared trip silent alarm set up so you feel a small vibration when people get a certain distance from your hide-out. Something like when sensor 1 goes off your phone vibrates 1 whole note and when sensor 2 goes off your phone vibrates 4 quarter notes.

slim and shady
05-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Holly sh** what are you secret service? Gees Irish this is paintball not James bond!

irishwarrior
05-03-2008, 01:59 PM
^lol, it would be hard but, I think, possible. And it beats getting ambushed/stumbled upon.

slim and shady
05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Through a cell phone? What ever happened to the good old fasion perimiter alarm made out of those tiny personal protective alarms and fishing line? cell phone! :dodgy:

seriously though do you guys think landmines are useful and can be used as repected tool for taking out your opponent?

irishwarrior
05-03-2008, 02:23 PM
In all seriousness, I think it's dependent on the situation. You can use them as an area denial device and create choke-points as well as more efficiently defend and ambush. Hmmm.... claymore paintball mine+ambush=Pure pwnage/enemy disorganization.

slim and shady
05-03-2008, 02:26 PM
In all seriousness, I think it's dependent on the situation. You can use them as an area denial device and create choke-points as well as more efficiently defend and ambush. Hmmm.... claymore paintball mine+ambush=Pure pwnage/enemy disorganization.

That is exactly what we do if at least 5 of our original members show up one time 6 of us took out a group of 22, with the help of the mastermine tripmine of corse. Like you said it was all confused we setup in a box formation when they tripped the mine and were like WTF everyone got up and cought them in the crossfire, they didnt even try to shoot back they just threw there markers in the air and called out!

XSiv Force
05-03-2008, 04:03 PM
if anything place them around your base about 25 yards out and tell only your team whwere they are the the paths they can take to get around