PDA

View Full Version : What to do on my half back?

king-man
05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, im gonna half back my old vs3 body and want to know what should i do, just a smooth rolling like design, an ego like one, or something else, the rolling would be the easiest but i want it to be unique, any ideas are aprreactiated

DFSniper
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
follow the lines that are already there, or get rid of them completely and start fresh.

king-man
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
i think your thinking of the vs2 body, they're a lil different, if your not , care to ellaborate

DFSniper
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
the vs3 actually has less milling.

see the V shape in the milling, cut it like that, or get rid of it completely and then follow the curve/dip at the top of the body

king-man
05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
the v shape sould go way into the lower tube though?

spray and pray
05-03-2008, 06:06 AM
The v shape will go way into the lower tube, I would''t reccomend that. Make sure the O-rings on the bolt are not exposed when you do the halfback.

If you decide to cut away at your body make sure you have some practice with the dremel (I assume that's what your using) I did a halfback to mine but I used a hacksaw for most of it because a dremel won't get both sides even. Make sure you have alot of time. My frame project took me over a month to finish completely between sanding, cutting, etc. I think it's worth it in the end though.
I started off with a simple design using cutting disks and a hacksaw. After that I filed more of the body, used the dremel to make it flow better, rounded edges and beveled with the dremel, did more complex cutting with the dremel, filed the edges evenly, hand sand, hand sand some more, hand sand some more, and even some more.

Here is a pic of the simple design that I did mainly with the hacksaw. I don't want to post finished pics of it though, I want it to be a suprise for anyone on pbn during sotm.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7394/dsc01154pr8.jpg