PDA

View Full Version : So, how to make my new MR1 into a sniper?

gunz52
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok, so I got a brand new MR1 (black) and I was thinking about making it into a sniper looking rifle. Mabye a M21 or Remington 700 look to it. But, thats for late. So what about adding on an MR3 stock, 16" barrel, and an NCStar red/green dot sight? How would a bipod work with a 16"? Maybe I need to go 18" or 20" even? Also, anybody know a site where I can find a universal bipod that can fit on the MR1 easily, that would be appreciated.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
any sporting goods store
go with a 16"

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Hust get a bi-pod that clamps to the barrel.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
oh get ready for the "there are no paintball sniper speech"

cyberthrasher_706
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
oh get ready for the "there are no paintball sniper speech"
yeah, that's usually the one that comes from people who only shoot full auto and don't know how to hide.
I'd just go with a 16" j&j. You can buy ANY barrel mount bipod, not just paintball products, and it will work. Search ebay, there's lots of them. I prefer ultimatearms for my tactical gear. Just search for them on ebay. They have a huge selection. Other than that, as long as you know how to hide, be silent, and aim YOUR marker, you'll be fine. I say "your" marker because they're all different, even within the same model, so you'll want to make sure you know where your balls going to go before you squeeze the trigger.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
:yeahthat:

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Ghillie suits help alot to. I love mine well all of them!

Personaly even though i am going to be starting a riot here again, I think if your going for the sniper look get a 20" barrel I think it really improves the look. It doesnt to a damn thing tacticaly except use more air. But I think it looks alot nicer. Lots of people claim it helps when shooting through the bush to, I never noticed that so much.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
you get to stick it through the bush

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
:yeahthat: yeah that is what i ment about shooting through the brush should have worded it different.

cyberthrasher_706
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Lots of people claim it helps when shooting through the bush to, I never noticed that so much.
Aside from the increased airuse, with no benefit, this is the worse part about a 20", lack of maneuverability from the length of it. That length may help you stick it through the bush but if you keep on bashing the muzzle on everything getting it up there, you've already given yourself away. Yeah, it may look good, but it not worth the loss in every other aspect. (No, Slim, I'm not arguing with you..at all)

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I have never noticed a decreace in manoverablity in any aspect with my 20" barrel unless I am asked to assist in raiding a building (That happens like 1 in 1000) then everything is acward. I have heard people say the same type of thing with using longer barrels in treanch warfare situations as well. Personaly have never run onto any of these problems though. But typicly when I snipe im not in those locations either.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
i carry a smaller barrel for that reason

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
ohhh.....our corses only let you take one barrel out with you, switching on the corse is not an option those kind of changes can only be made in your spawning point, then of corse to the chrono before you hit the feild again.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 06:11 PM
huh i wonder why....do they atleast let you take it off if it breaks in the giun

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
oh yeah you just cant change out barrels, it changes your velocity. It you have a 20" barrel on more air is required to push the ball out of the barrel wial still maintaining a desired FPS. Then when you switch it out to a 12" barrel of corse you dont need that volume of air to push the ball out, becuase the velocity was turned up higher to get it out of the 20" barrel you are now shooting over the corse allowed FPS and will be given a warning or eliminated from the game.

XSiv Force
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
oh i got the places i go say as long as its not a major change i.e. 16" to 3"

Hossy
05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
yeah, that's usually the one that comes from people who only shoot full auto and don't know how to hide.

:punch:
i ended reading there.....

dont go longer than 16 inches
get a bipod, usually they look sweet.

cyberthrasher_706
05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
:punch:
i ended reading there.....

dont go longer than 16 inches
get a bipod, usually they look sweet.
If that punch was directed at me, just look at my words a little closer. "Usually" comes from; only shoot full auto "AND" don't know how to hide. Man, I already got my butt kicked enough at work last night.:headbrick:

slim and shady
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
it's cool Cyber I think what Hossy is more refuring to is the constant argument over "16+ is to long" and I think he wanted to avoid that argument. That i belive is what the post is supossed to mean nothing toward you. Hossy dont normaly attack other members.

cyberthrasher_706
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
everybody's picking on me...waaaaa. I'm Joking. He could've also been thinking back to Red's full auto speech. I had missed that originally but found it quite humorous. I say this, if someone wants to say there's no such thing as sniping in paintball that's their opinion and their entitled to it. They'll likely be the ones that get hit in the mask out of nowhere. If you want to setup a sniper rig, do it. If you can use a sniper rig without getting your butt kicked, do it. Don't let other people's opinions influence it.
But yeah, I still say go with the 16". It will still give you the sniper look and not hinder anything, including air efficiency.

mr1 sniper
05-04-2008, 09:41 AM
do something like this (http://undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=14491) but with your mr1

slim and shady
05-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Personaly I like this one, second post down http://milsimempire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=886&start=15

That is buy far the sickest one i have ever seen made.

XSiv Force
05-04-2008, 10:28 AM
that was beautiful

cyberthrasher_706
05-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I gotta agree with Slim on that one. I'm kinda jealous. Funny thing is, I have that same airsoft gun that he used as a base, I bought it because it does look like that. If you ever hear more of how he did it, be sure to let us know.

DirtySouth
05-04-2008, 11:25 AM
that was beautiful

:yeahthat:

slim and shady
05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
No way I have been after him since i seen it he wont tell anything. But when you create a work of art like that i wouldnt spill the beans either! He taalked about making them for 300 a pop that includes everything he would need to make it. Lots of people bid at that including me but once everyone said they wanted it for that he opted out of making them. Could have had a full time job.

cyberthrasher_706
05-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I can understand that though, that's alot of pressure and if someone gets a wild hair and finds a complaint, it's just not worth the hassle. I think it'd be more than worth it though, even if I sent him my gun to use, which would make it like 450 total. Can't do that though, that's the one I let my 9 year old target practice with until I can get him playing. he can hardly hold it or cock it, but that's why it's got a bi-pod.

Zee
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
300 a gun would be a bargain for sure. I know I've drooled over the dragunov custom and the thompson.

bigred76
05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Gonna make one short post on the subject, then leave ya be. Not to pick on anyone or anything, but as you said, to state my opinion. :) He could've also been thinking back to Red's full auto speech. I had missed that originally but found it quite humorous.
:bow:

I say this, if someone wants to say there's no such thing as sniping in paintball that's their opinion and their entitled to it. They'll likely be the ones that get hit in the mask out of nowhere. If you want to setup a sniper rig, do it. If you can use a sniper rig without getting your butt kicked, do it. Don't let other people's opinions influence it.
Fat ****in' chance. When I play, I'm lookin' around. I see ANYTHING moving that LOOKS like it might just be one of these so called "snipers," his ass is getting lit up. I dare ya to try that one me, even when I'm just jogging around with my Traccer. Last time I gogged the sucker twice before it was HIM that knew what was happening. :rolleyes:

Go ahead with your "sniping" shenanigans, and I'll keep on owning people that lay still like perfect targets. It's easier than the moving ones. ;)

But yeah, I still say go with the 16". It will still give you the sniper look and not hinder anything, including air efficiency.
Sure, why not. Your choice! :)

cyberthrasher_706
05-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Not to keep you going, cuz I do agree with you, but you are more experienced and many players fail to look at everything around them. But, I've also seen people pull it off, that's why I said to go for it if he thinks he can.

bigred76
05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Lol, when I was a nube I was worse... I'd shoot at moving branches, hahahaha! :roflmao: