PDA

View Full Version : Hurry, Help!!!

badlandsrox
05-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I locked my keys inside my truck while cleaning it, any ideas on how to get into it?

KingTutBaller
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
call a locksmith, most have a car door opener kit that will wedge your door open enough for them to slip a tool through the rubbering and hit your unlock button/latch. lets hope it's in a convienient place. Not always the best choice for brand new vehicles, it won't cause terrible damage but attemping to pry the door open slightly while it's closed certainly wouldn't be reccomended by the dealer.

If you can call your service people at your car dealership/company, they might have some sort of master key, or better ideas than what I have. Less than that, I've seen people take out their back passengder window just to get in. It was hilarious, to say the least.

badlandsrox
05-01-2008, 08:52 PM
its a 99, in great condition with brand new locks (about 6 days old) so i dont want to do anything like that. we have a spare, but tahts an hour away, where my dad works (it used to be one of his co-workers cars). so i can get into it tommorow, but i need it to get to school tommorow, to get to the airport, and to get back, so i need a quick way with minimal to no damage

KingTutBaller
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
yikes. other than getting that spare, or calling a local dealership of the same make (which probably isn't open considering the time) and seeing what they have for masterkeys (if they exist) you may be in a pickle. I feel for ya I've locked myself out of my car well over an hour from home.

marvin-martian
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5mdKs2QF8c0
or
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZgEI4-tu2s&feature=related

durrell
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
So THAT's who the dummy was on Facebook. :p

Kayle is UGH LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY TRUCK AND ALL THE LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!!!!! on the plus side though, inside that locked truck its as clean as a whistle....

DFSniper
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
marv = :up::up:

XSiv Force
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
If the lights are on you wait for the battery to die and the locks shouls pop open
I hope

badlandsrox
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Well... after the initial shock was over, i collected myself, and I grabbed a flashlight, and crawled under the truck, and just as i was about to call it quits, i caught the shine of a spare key (not much of a shine after 300,004km, but you get the idea), and i put it in and it worked! now just to let the heart and nerves settle down, and everythings settled now, I just hope I dont need that spare again, but if i do, at least i know where it is now...