PDA

View Full Version : too many chops

bassmasta
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I swapped the feedneck on my MR2 and put a trinity feedneck on at a 90 degree angle, then put the tube from my qloader in it. I've made sure that everything is fine, but it chops 2 out of every 3 balls, and the accuraccy is horrible. the feedneck is fine, but I'm wondering if I need fewer prewinds because of the reduced friction.

bigred76
05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
How many prewinds do you have on the Q-loader?

KingTutBaller
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
it's a good idea to make sure your hose also holds an even number of balls in the stack, so that you don't have it half-feeding a ball, if that makes sense. it says to try and do this right in the manual if I remember right. Perhaps the change in your feedneck changed how many balls (or the position they rest in) while being fed. If you have 6 and a half balls, for example, that extra half will either be stopping at the qloader end, in mid spin, or it's trying to cram that extra bit into your breach. Worth checking out.

slim and shady
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
^Very good point

bassmasta
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I checked the ball in the loader, and less than 32nd of an inch (like 4 mm) goes back into theloader. I have no idea how many winds were on my pods, but i've put it at 10. I THINK it was something like 12 or 13, but I recall something about 8, too.

KingTutBaller
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
a few more questions I guess should have been asked

I'm assuming this wasn't happening before you switched feednecks?
is it chopping even if you shoot only 1 at a time, very slowly? or is this only happening in rapid shots/auto?

I'm not 100% sure about how you have this setup, a pic would be nice, but, I think it sounds just like my setup, is the feedneck sticking off to the right, instead of up in the air? (or is that just late night confusion on my part?)

i know that when I was still using my clear stock clamp with the hose, I had the balls bunching almost side to side in the bend, like 2 people trying to go through a door, because the stock clamp was a little wide at one spot, and that caused me problems. You may not be seeing this because your's into clear, but then again, I don't have what you have, so I can only suggest:(

I don't think turning the pre-winds would hurt to try, if you have some extra time and balls handy, try going really low and if the problem goes away, go up one more wind at a time until you hit a good point between speed and no-chops.

bassmasta
05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
yes, the feedneck is sticking out to the side of the gun. I also noticed balls bunching up in this set up, but I fixed that by putting one of the guides from the mounting sockets into the hose and pushing it further into the feedneck. if I shoot once every like 10 seconds, i'll chop one in ten balls rather than the 2 in 3 that I do in all other cases. it seems that my problem might be unrelated to the feeding system. maybe I should say that I'm now using an MR1 bolt. the ACS bolt would dent a ball and get it stuck in my feedneck, while the new one just cuts it and lets the system keep feeding. before the feedneck switch, it was decent in terms of chops, but between two games, canged the bolt and feedneck so I cant be sure which one caused the problem as I dont have the stock ones anymore.

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Why dont you get the actuall Q-loader fittings? that probably would help your problem alot and get a ACP bolt?

bassmasta
05-04-2008, 01:42 PM
lol, the qloader 90 degree fittings are $50 each once you put all the parts together, and the trinity elbow if fine as it is. anyway, I found that the spacing is different when the feedneck is flipped, and the screw was going too far in. it was scraping the bolt and putting metal shavings all down my barrel. fixed now, though.

slim and shady
05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Good to here, thats one to remember next time someone asks