PDA

View Full Version : air tank troubles

Ratchet
04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
hello,
i recently had my air tank filled (3000 psi). i used ity a little bit and now theres roughly 2200 psi in it. whn i try to take it off it will move about half way off then wont budge. i tryed so hard the aluminum shroud around the main valve(the part thats actually connect to the valve that connects to gun) started to move(twist). i'm afraid to try to take it off anymore while the tank is still 3/4 full. afraid it will blow up or somthing.
should i ahve the tnak checked out about the moving thread pice on my tank or should i just leave it be. it doesnt leak and its still on the tank firm. it just moves when i really try to twist the tnak off.
is the reeason why its not coming off because your not supposed to take it off with a near full tank on it?
juts very concerned. FYI the tank still has 4 years left on it before hydro test.
thanks for your time

Hossy
04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
i cant picture exactly what you mean, but i think you just got the tank in a little budge. Post a pic up if you can.

when you take your tank off, your supposed to turn it about a quarter turn then shoot. and repeat until the pressure is gone. That may help next time.

fatkidfrompbaz
04-30-2008, 06:11 PM
the way you describe it sound the valve is coming off the tank

bigred76
04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Are you talking about the bonnet (silver part of the regulator) with the two set screws in it, or the whole damned thing? How much torque are you using on it (how strong are you)? Are threads showing on the tank side (regulator unthreading from the tank)?

Chances are you're going to need to take it into the proshop, but these questions are to see if we can do anything to help before that becomes a necessity. :crazy:

Also, your tank should not be doing this under any normal circumstances. It is a very serious situation and needs to be dealt with delicately. Be very careful and do not point the bottle or marker that it's attached to towards you in any way, shape or form. You do NOT want to be in it's path if it has a catastrophic failure. I think I have the manual to the regulator that your tank has it in the Manual Thread link in my signature, and before you do anything I advise you read it. It won't deal with your issue, but you will understand just how this specific regulator works.

applesauce
05-01-2008, 03:48 AM
after you screw it off a little, shoot the gun a few times then try again,sometimes there is still a lot of pressure between tank and gun. afte you get if off..i would take it to the shop and have them re-locktight the valve.

Ratchet
05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
well i got it off a while ago and recently played in a tournament(battle for the cure) andeverything woprked out great with what happened.
The bonnet as some one called it(the chrome asa connecter thingy that attaches to tank the allows tank to be attached to gun) has two allen screws to secure it to the tank. after torque'n on the damn tank to get it off i must have loosened those so i had to tighten them.
over all what happened was i stripped out my dovetail(asa) because some how i magically screwed in my air tank wrong and stripped it out getting it in the gun. it went in easy like normal but it took alot of tourqe to get it out. i had my gun on a damn vise and rubber gloves on to grip the tank better. after about an hour of working on it it finnally budged loose stripping out my asa.
i didnt have time to buy a new asa for the tournament so i played with it how it was. it still sealed and went on good, just takes a hell of alot of strength to get it off.
so, anyone got an asa for sell?, nvm, one is on its way right now!