PDA

View Full Version : Scary Movies

shark
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
My favorite genre of movies a suspense/horror. My top two movies of all time have got to be Descent and the new Amityville Horror. Post any movies that have scared the crap out of you and left you sittin under the covers holding on to your teddy :D

XSiv Force
04-29-2008, 07:28 PM
original Halloween

OSOK
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
The Sixth Sense, saw it when I was like 7 and scared me to death.

Now the scariest movie is probably the Exorcist.

Muddytaco
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Not exactly scariest but my fav. is the 1999 remake of house on haunted hill.

Part were the chick goes in the basement with the video camera is the best part, don't want to spoil it for anybody that hasn't seen it so i won't say anything more.

xsvly-fat
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
i didnt think the Desent was that scary it was mainly just alot of blood and crap like that. the scariest ive seen was probably Anaconda, i watched it when i was like 5

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Exorcism of Emily Rose. Scared the crap outta me when I was younger.

druid
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm big into the same genre but while I don't consider them "scary," I do consider them very entertaining.

My all time favorites are the SAW series, Pitch Black/Chronicles of Rid**** and Alien vs Predator types

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
i dont get the middle one are you talking bout pitch black?

xsvly-fat
04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
i didnt like AVP-R very much, i thought it was going to be better

vikingshadow
05-01-2008, 03:58 AM
While this genre is also my favorite, there haven't been any movies made that are scary in over 15 years, in my opinion. Like Druid said, they are entertaining, but definitely not scary, and barely suspensful, at least to me. I believe it's because of desensitization to sensitive subjects by being able to see these movies over and over and over and over multiple times a day on any given television channel on any given day. Also, one of the more entertaining things about these types of movies were the jumps and screams of the people in the theater, which hardly happens anymore due to said desensitization of YOUNG kids (my nephews were watching things that scared me when they were 5 years old - and I was 23!) It's just not as fun any more.

However, Nightmare on Elm Street (1) scared the poopoo out of me back in the day when it came out. Same for the Exorcist, The Entity, Poltergist, Phantasm, etc. I loved the 80's early 90's scary movies! In recent years, Vacancy gave my wife and me a bit of a jolt (we stay in a lot of hotels), The Mist scared my wife a bit - not me though. I found it an interesting story about the human psyche and how we act in the face of perceived danger in large groups.

Team Ramrod
05-01-2008, 07:36 AM
The Shining!!

Redrum
Redrum
Redrum

Drefish99
05-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Ernest Goes to Camp!

Talk about scary...

XSiv Force
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
hello kitty movie

xsvly-fat
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
^ it scared the crap out of me

druid
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
i dont get the middle one are you talking bout pitch black?

Yes. Pitch Black and the Chronicles of Ridd ick

The only movie that ever really scared me and that was back when it FIRST came out (yes...I'm that old) was Jaws. I remember going to the beach and imagining that freaking dorsal fin coming up out of the water...