PDA

View Full Version : another double to single trigger question...

mojobang
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
okay, so i ordered a bob long 45 single trigger frame, but it says it doesn't come with internals.

can I dremel the double trigger from the MR1 in half and use it? or does anyone know where to get that specific trigger? I've been looking... There are compatability issues to worry about right?

mojobang:confused:

pinkanese
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Spyder frames haven't changed in like 10-15 years, so it will all drop straight in. Just pound out the pins, and put it all in the new frame. You aren't going to find a single trigger, so yeah just remel it down.

mojobang
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
much appreciated. that saves me money and worry. double plus good.

i am getting my m4 barrel shroud and single trigger this week, and have already finished a custom m-16 mag and fake flash suppressor that look equally sick. will post pics soon.

and might i say this forum rocks!:D

mojobang

mr1 sniper
04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
so just to clear this up for me, you got this frame (http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyder-Bob-Long-Battle-Grip-Single-Trigger-45-Frame-NEW_W0QQitemZ170213983502QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47241Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), are putting the internals from your stock mr1 trigger frame into in, and you will have to cut your mr1 trigger down to a single because there aren't any single triggers out there that will work?
Thanks, noob moment

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Dremeling FTW! I dremeled down my MR1 trigger. Just make sure to dremel off some of it on the sides to give that blade effect.

mojobang
04-30-2008, 04:26 AM
so just to clear this up for me, you got this frame (http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyder-Bob-Long-Battle-Grip-Single-Trigger-45-Frame-NEW_W0QQitemZ170213983502QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47241Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), and you will have to cut your mr1 trigger down to a single because there aren't any single triggers out there that will work?
Thanks, noob moment

um, obviously the mr1 double trigger is too big for my new single frame (double means twice as big), and if i can save some money and some trouble by not having to buy a single trigger kit, i will. the dimensions of the two frames *aren't* exactly the same, so i just wanted to make sure there was no issue with using the cut down stock double trigger on the single frame.

i know that there are trigger kits available, but they cost money and they take time to find and time is money...

mr1 sniper
04-30-2008, 07:21 AM
much appreciated, i just wanted to make sure since i might be doing this