PDA

View Full Version : single trigger specifics

mojobang
04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
i had a question for anyone who can answer it. I have seen on some mr1s, people have switched to a spyder classic single frame (which looks great on that marker). They also used a different drop forward than the one that comes with it. It looks as though the classic frame's pistol grip extends farther back behind the gun than the original one did. So, my question was, does one have no choice but to use a different drop forward, one that compensates for the increased distance so the airline could reach the bottom of the pistol grip?

also, on the spyder classic frame, is the metal the same size (width, height, and length) as the mr1's trigger frame where the front screw goes in to secure it to the marker? I was thinking about going single (cause it looks so damn sexy) but I have a custom m-16 clip mod that extends back to, and is dremel-cut around the old double trigger and i don't want to leave any ugly gaps :(

I know this is a *hella* specific question, but i'm sure someone knows...or could possibly look...

thanks all,

mojobang

cyberthrasher_706
04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
That's ok, The more specific, the better. I know there are alot of the guys on here who do have that setup (minus your custom mag). I believe the portion you are talking about, at the front of the trigger guard is the same size. I don't have one here, so my memory may be failing me. Maybe someone who has it on their mr1 can chime in on this one for some more specifics.

Welcome.

LT Hill
04-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Don't sweat it! The trigger frame is the same as the original double. You can use the same drop and asa, or upgrade to what ever you like. With mine, I did not want to drop down far because my air line was comming out of the back of the mag. My hose was too short to make up for added distance the 45 grip added. Do yourself a favor. Get some macro line for two reasons. First, you can make it any length you want and it bends better. Second, because all the metric to NST addapters you would have to do, just get the mac line two macro fittings and be done with it. Ohh. You have to use one metric to NST fitting at where the hose comes out of the bottom of the gun body, where the mag fits over.

Also. The old classic 45 single trigger grips (depending if you buy an old one, will come with or more times than not without the bottom grip plug for the drop to mount to. What I mean is. My handle was hollow, so I made a wood plug, used two drywall screw to secure the drop. If the handle comes with the bottom plug, expect the holes to be off set, not inline, so you will need an spyder adapter block.

Here is a pic of mine so far, and it rocks the party.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh206/LTjhill/IM000380.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh206/LTjhill/IM000384.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh206/LTjhill/IM000383.jpg
:cool:

mojobang
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Lt. Hill,

looking good. your weapon looks a lot like where mine is going. I am awaiting my m4 barrel, and shroud right now.

my custom mag is quite similar, however, I have mine sitting farther back from the front, so that the rear of the mag covers the front of the trigger frame by about 1/4 inch, (leaving about half of the trigger frame's mounting screw visible if looking from the underside). The magazine is dremel-cut around this little 1/4 inch space, so I just wanted to make sure that the new single frame wasn't going to leave a bad gap there. did they make that section the exact same size (width, top to bottom)? Maybe you answered but I wasn't quite sure.

also, I still have the same airline as before, (as the magazine is epoxied to the exterior of the old cut-down handgrip) and the airline comes out where it did before, (except through a hole in the mag, like yours) with no more or less slack than it had before. would it reach the new frame?

again, maybe you answered both of these, but I couldn't really understand.

irishwarrior
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
If you don't want to hassle with the drop forward and worry about gaps, just do what I did and dremel the trigger and keep the frame.

LT Hill
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Lt. Hill,

looking good. your weapon looks a lot like where mine is going. I am awaiting my m4 barrel, and shroud right now.

my custom mag is quite similar, however, I have mine sitting farther back from the front, so that the rear of the mag covers the front of the trigger frame by about 1/4 inch, (leaving about half of the trigger frame's mounting screw visible if looking from the underside). The magazine is dremel-cut around this little 1/4 inch space, so I just wanted to make sure that the new single frame wasn't going to leave a bad gap there. did they make that section the exact same size (width, top to bottom)? Maybe you answered but I wasn't quite sure.

also, I still have the same airline as before, (as the magazine is epoxied to the exterior of the old cut-down handgrip) and the airline comes out where it did before, (except through a hole in the mag, like yours) with no more or less slack than it had before. would it reach the new frame?

again, maybe you answered both of these, but I couldn't really understand.

My trigger frame is the same thickness and width. My air line was too short, thats why I went to a macro line.