PDA

View Full Version : ideal internal setup for lp or hp spyder

damaster13355
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
hey i was wondering what would be the ideal set up internally for a spyder gun to go to lp or hp...i have an assualt front block, but stock spring and stuff internally is that ok or would i have to change the valve, springs, hammer...stuff like that... would like to have brand names and stuff stated

thanks alot:D

Ace24
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
It would probably run better if you got Madman Rocket Valve... other then that, idk.

vikingshadow
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
You will need a different valve, like the maddman Ace mentioned, or modify the one you have. You'll also need a regulator - one that will allow you to lower the pressure in your gun. Palmers, Bob Long, CP, etc - all will allow this to happen.

You'll probably have to mess around with spring combinations to get the best possible performance from your gun. You may not have to, but you might. Any spring kit will do - just find a cheap one somewhere. A different hammer isn't necessary, but you will want to at least polish the internals and modify the stock bolt.

Remember, going low pressure will cause some inherent problems if you don't work at it - inconsistancy, recocking issues, etc.

damaster13355
04-28-2008, 01:38 PM
well my spyder set up as of right now is...i have an assualt reg like i said with a hyper 2 reg, ST super fly bolt and then the stock internals

DFSniper
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
the most important part of the LP project is the valve, IMO. i have everything modded/upgraded except the valve, and i'm getting really low fps because i'm not getting enough flow into my gun, even with my reg maxed out at 650psi.

RellikLaerec
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Want all the info to help ya go LP. Check out OtterSC's Page (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html). <--(clicky)It will guild ya a long. Do some research on what parts ya want and can afford! I took my pilot to LP and am loving it. Still tweaking it a bit. Just put in a titanium striker to help with the kick. It's going to take some time a patience. Work of advice, Don't put locktite on the valve screw. It's a pain when you need to swap parts out to figure out where a leak is coming from.