PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Trigger Frame on MR-1

Rogue Leader
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I bought a MR-1 Last month, it shot great and I have no complaints, however It had a stripped threading in the feader neck. I took it back and got a replacement today, however I noticed when I got home that the trigger frame is all plastic now instead of metal. It seems much cheaper made and looks a little fragile. The one I picked up was made in Tiwan. I don't recall looking on the last one to see where it was produced. If anyone out there has a plastic framed MR then lemmie know how it has held up and if anyone still has the packaging from the metal one, gimmie a shout and let me know where it was made. I'll admit that I bought it from wally-world. I don't have any shops that I know of around my part of Alabama that specifically sells paint ball gear, so i gotta take what I can get. I am wondering if this is some kind of discount model or are all the Mr's going to this plastic junk. It's gonna really hurt my feelings if I have to change out to a Tippy so that I'll know my marker won't break if i drop it or bang it on a tree as I try to dodge incoming fire. Tomorrow I am going to try to return it to a different store and get a metal trigger frame model, but if I can't let me know how the plastic one holds up. I appriciate it a lot.

Thanks,
Rogue Leader

DFSniper
04-27-2008, 04:18 PM
my friend bought a used one yesterday, and he should be coming over later this evening, so i'll check his out and see what frame it has, and i'll probably stop by walmart tomorrow after class, so i'll see what they have there. i have a plastic frame on my victor, and i havent had any problems with it over the years.

cyberthrasher_706
04-27-2008, 05:22 PM
My original mr1 is metal, I don't see any markings off hand for where it was made. I just got another mr1 and the plastic is what it had, haven't played with it yet. I've heard of quite of few of the models coming with the plastic frames. It's not really plastic, more of a composite. If you're that worried about it there's alot of people who have upgraded trigger frames and may still have their original metal ones lying around. The only problem I see with the plastic, which may be completely unfounded, is modifications. It may not take some mods as easily, but if you're not into getting crazy inventive than you shouldn't have to worry about it

DFSniper
04-27-2008, 05:49 PM
ok, i have the mr1 in front of me, and it has a metal frame. he's gone and left me the gun to tinker with (not a good idea, the dremel is only 6 feet away...) but he said he's looking for a single trigger frame, so once he gets that, he may not have anything against swapping frames because he doesnt want the gun to get too heavy with parts. like i said earlier, i'll check walmart tomorrow and see what they have too.

Rogue Leader
04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you gentlemen for your rapid fire response, I will therefor hold off a couple of days before returning the marker and bothering with searching a metal frame if you think that the plastic will not be a problem.

Rogue Leader

Jungle_Expert
04-27-2008, 08:05 PM
The tigger frame on mine is metal, also I have a friend who got his around 1 week ago and is also metal.