PDA

View Full Version : Aero twist barrel

Prikasky
04-27-2008, 12:33 AM
i own a mr1 and am new to paintball. I was wondering if anyone has used the "mr series 16inch aero twist barrel". ive searched the web for a review of it but have not found one... so before i just toss money into some random barrel what is your advice?

Rogue Leader
04-27-2008, 08:17 AM
If you look down a couple of posts to "barrel question" sent in by Rogue Leader (me) I had the same question. I had bought one the other day and didn't know what to think about it. Like you I couldn't find anything online about it. The first 2k balls I put through was with crap paint and i couldn't really tell the difference between that and my stock barrel, however I actually got to use it in some games yesterday and used my "good paint" (sterling pro) which by the way isn't pro paint or anything, but I found it was great for this barrel, and it is relitively cheep all things consitered ($15.00 = 500pb). I was getting some great groupings at 50' (about the size of the bottom of a coke can), 80' (about the size of the bottom of a paint can), and at 100' (round about the size of a waste paper basket bottom), and 150 (about the size of a 55gal drum bottom) {of course you have to factor in the random flyer, but on avg these were the groupings}. This was much better than what I was getting out of my stock, and all the guys I was playing with were very impressed with it. The only thing is that 16" is a lot to have hanging off the end of your gun, it is something that you will have to get use to if you plan to use it in tight quarters. I would absolutely recommend it for woodsball, but I would probably say go for something a little shorter if you are gonna be playing speed ball, but sense you bought a Mister series then I'm gonna assume that woodsball is your thing. I'll be going out next weekend as well and i'll let you know if it's still holding up to my expectations.

Prikasky
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks for the detailed response bro. i appreciate it.

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd say it's too long, but that's preference. I'd also say I'd never heard of it, and since I know my ways around the good paintball products, and I've never heard people talking up this barrel, so naturally I'd assume that there's something better.

applesauce
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
i prefer 12-14, you don't really gain much after that....

DirtySouth
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
i own a mr1 and am new to paintball. I was wondering if anyone has used the "mr series 16inch aero twist barrel". ive searched the web for a review of it but have not found one... so before i just toss money into some random barrel what is your advice?

I have this barrel on my VS1. Works great, I love it.

Prikasky
05-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Alright thanks mainly to Rogue Leader i have bought the mr series 16 inch aero twist barrel and may i say its a huge improvement over the stock. also might i add that i have never used anything else but stock barrels so i have no room to judge against it being an "aftermarket" barel. the only thing i have noticed is that since putting it on my "bullets" hurt like mad even with the marker turned down... i know and now have a large welt on my aft end( i let my buddy shoot me).. i didnt have my stock barrel so i dont know if its the barrel or did i somehow mess up my gun when i took it apart to clean it..ireally had to take it apart cause my mr1 took a hit for me and it got in all the nooks and crannies.. i really would like to get to the bottom of this problem and so would my friends.haha