florios
04-26-2008, 01:21 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x99/florios/triggeridealcopy.jpg

DirtySouth
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
That's what the switch is for isn't it. =/

oldironmudder
04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Doesnt sound like a bad idea but I dont think it would be work using the frame as a ground. You would have to insulate the board & noid just so stuff doesbnt mess up.

florios
04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah i want to put rubber around it exept where theyre going to touch and add a spring / magnet so the trigger bounses back oviously the peice of metal whould be more detailed insted of just a block of metal

and yes that is what the switch is but alot better cuz theres no pull needed

shunut
04-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Before I give my opinion I want to be sure I understand this.

When the trigger touches the metal it completes a circuit and the marker fires?

How do you figure no pull is needed, how else are the two points going to come into contact?

irishwarrior
04-27-2008, 03:46 AM

How do you figure no pull is needed, how else are the two points going to come into contact?

I think what he means is, that there is significantly less pull than on a normal trigger.

florios
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM

yes it complestes the circut when they touch so it fires

i meen pull as in effort of clicking the switch espestialy the stock switch is very hard to pull down when trying to rapidly walk the trigger

shunut
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
If activating a trigger switch that requires a 250g pull, which I believe is what the stock switches are, is hard, I'd be trying to figure out how to make myself stronger so it wasn't so tough. You can always go down to a lighter trigger switch, say 50g, which is very easy to pull and is a pretty cheap upgrade. Not to bash your idea or anything but it'd be way easier just to put a lighter trigger switch in there.

florios
04-27-2008, 09:52 PM
well yeah you could do that but its all about ur opinion and what styled switch you want sort of like the magnetic switch i dont know if you saw it on the forums or not

but also i broke my switch a wile ago so i thought of this idea im pretty sure this would shoot alot faster because as soon as they touch it would go off

any ways its just an idea feel free to try making one if any one likes if not oh well right

also it not hard to pull it just if you used this it would be just a little tap where as with stock switches u cant walk as fast because you need to take the time too pull it back every time

and i got lost of solder so ill try this out and post it in a week or 2 because i have midterms coming up

Ace24
04-27-2008, 11:58 PM
well yeah you could do that but its all about ur opinion and what styled switch you want sort of like the magnetic switch i dont know if you saw it on the forums or not

but also i broke my switch a wile ago so i thought of this idea im pretty sure this would shoot alot faster because as soon as they touch it would go off

any ways its just an idea feel free to try making one if any one likes if not oh well right

also it not hard to pull it just if you used this it would be just a little tap where as with stock switches u cant walk as fast because you need to take the time too pull it back every time

and i got lost of solder so ill try this out and post it in a week or 2 because i have midterms coming up

Have you ever even used a 50G or a 25G with a magnetic trigger return?

My FASOR has a 25G switch. The pull was so light that the weight of the trigger would set the gun off if I tipped it back slowly. I drilled two holes, one in the trigger and one in the frame and put earth magnets in. I can prove to you that my gun is easy to walk and fast to walk.

Maybe you need to train your fingers more before making assumptions about seemingly poor designs?

vikingshadow
04-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Part of the problem I see with this (it's an interesting idea, though) is that a lot of people prefer or need to be able to pull the trigger past the actual firing point. For instance, I prefer to have a bit more back slack so that the pull feels natural and easy.

The way this is set, you'd hit the plate and it'd be like striking a wall, creating an unnatural feel to it. Also, there could be issues if the contact point gets paint on it, or gets crudded up in some way.

shunut
04-28-2008, 06:27 AM
The other problem I could see is that you have to be sure that the only way to complete the circuit is by the trigger hitting your metal plate. The entire frame is metal it seems to me, if you don't have a way to isolate the trigger then the circuit would always be complete.

florios
04-28-2008, 04:19 PM
..okay it was just a switch idea i just told u that you dont need to do it

DFSniper
04-28-2008, 05:15 PM
The other problem I could see is that you have to be sure that the only way to complete the circuit is by the trigger hitting your metal plate. The entire frame is metal it seems to me, if you don't have a way to isolate the trigger then the circuit would always be complete.

rubber washers and non-conductive pins/set screws?

i think its a good idea, it reminds me of guns with sensor triggers (cant name any off the top of my head). i shot a mini on saturday (first time in a long time shooting something besides a spyder) and if you could replicate something like that, your ROF would increase significantly. basically you want a really light pull but a good snap back. i dont know about anyone else, but for me, the rare earth magnets just don't have enough snap to them. the one thing that concerns me though is the insane amount of bounce you would have, especially if using rare earth magnets.

florios
04-29-2008, 10:40 PM
i think i went over that already that i would put the hunk of metall inside somthing like ruber for on thing

and also i metiond before this would be for people who dont like switches and want a different feel to it

applesauce
04-30-2008, 05:29 AM
i guess i didnt think it was all that hard to pull the trigger....

shunut
04-30-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm not saying its a bad idea or saying it can't be done. I'm just trying to make you think. Lots of the times when we think of something we don't think of all the things that could go wrong. Then when we attempt it and everything goes wrong we immediately give up.

DirtySouth
04-30-2008, 07:01 AM
If activating a trigger switch that requires a 250g pull, which I believe is what the stock switches are, is hard, I'd be trying to figure out how to make myself stronger so it wasn't so tough. You can always go down to a lighter trigger switch, say 50g, which is very easy to pull and is a pretty cheap upgrade. Not to bash your idea or anything but it'd be way easier just to put a lighter trigger switch in there.

I noticed the "I'd be trying to figure out how to make myself stronger so it wasn't so tough." Just try walking a non-electro trigger for a while. It makes things a lot easier. ;)

STRIKEFIRST
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Crap my pilot has a 50g and a magnetic return...

I would recosider that idea.