PDA

View Full Version : upgrading an imagine

tenacious.sol
02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm planning to upgrade my new 04 blue imagine once i get it. Probably I'll get the T board, ACS bolt, a regulator, dye stickies, a progressive barrel...halo..new trigger and stuff

is there a way to reduce the recoil on a gun a bit if you could?
with these upgrades do you think it can keep up with ions or some high end guns?

If not, feel free to put down your suggestions in upgrades or whatever you feel like saying

ad0131065
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
If you go low pressure(LP) then it will reduce the kick of the gun some.

www.ottersccustoms.com <<< has all the information about LP that you will need.

tenacious.sol
02-22-2006, 06:18 PM
if i get all the necessary upgrades and convert it to LP then do you suppose it can compete against ions, angels, etc..?

Skidds
02-23-2006, 03:21 AM
if i get all the necessary upgrades and convert it to LP then do you suppose it can compete against ions, angels, etc..?
You dont need to convert to low pressure to get an E-Spyder to keep up with or out perform an Ion. Get a Delrin bolt.... Titanium striker then Tboard and eyes. With this you spyder will fly just like an Ion with no kick at all, just a little vibration will be felt. You might have to change your spring to a lighter spring, but thats nothing. But one thing its the person that makes the marker..... if your into woodball or recball there is no need for anything over 13-15bps. But if your into speedball then mod all you want! Have fun!

DFSniper
02-23-2006, 11:26 AM
hey skidds, where you at exactly? im in the Giessen/Hanau area. as for the recoil, i havent really experienced any when i shoot, but it may just be me.

tenacious.sol
02-23-2006, 04:17 PM
i hope having a titanium striker , acs delrin bolt, progressive, etc. will make it perform close or even better than an ion or else...im getting an ion

i dont like the fact that so many people have ions even though its a good gun
i would like to make this imagine outperform it...any more suggestions to upgrade if i do get this?

tenacious.sol
02-23-2006, 10:47 PM
^^^^^ can someone help me out? any suggestions should i get an Ion or an imagine with 300 bucks of upgrades? Also can someone tell me if its worth doing it and if it can outperform the ion if i do it correctly?

colonel_moo
02-24-2006, 05:48 AM
if you are getting a spyder just to automatically drop $300 in it, i wouldnt get one. i wouldnt get an ion either. if you have your heart set on getting a bran new gun, the promaster is a good option. however, for the money you are planning on spending on this spyder, you can get a much better gun used. for 300 or less you can get nicely upped dm3 with tadao. for 450 you can get a 05 proto matrix, or a dm4. for around 400 you could get a decent timmy.

bottom line, its not worth it to drop all that money into a spyder all at once. most people who have extremely upped and custom spyders did it over time because they didnt have the money all at once to buy a better gun. some others did it just because they are extremely loyal to the kingman company, and just love spyders. it doesnt sound like you are that into spyders, and it sounds like you have the money for something better. a spyder will always be a blowback, with with underperform almost all electro-pneumatic guns (i know that sounds anti-spyder, but its the truth) without extreme (and i mean EXTREME) modification. even if you zip kit, or t1 a spyder, it is still the most basic form of EP out there (air forward spring back).

druid
02-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm planning to upgrade my new 04 blue imagine once i get it. Probably I'll get the T board Get the break-beam eyes, ACS bolt Aluminum won't swell like delrin can but will have more recoil, a regulator Bob Long, CP, SideWinder or Ergo, dye stickies, a progressive barrel J&J's are good with smaller bore paint but whatever you get, get a barrel with the least amount of porting...halo Reloader B or Z Boarded egg II ..new trigger CIP Sweetspot or Shocktech and stuff Assault block, Bob Long VA or a modded stock VA for LP, 32* spring kit, a Titanium Striker (might I suggest one from eaglelox on this forum...the Nightstriker regular or XL...

is there a way to reduce the recoil on a gun a bit if you could? With the stuff ^^ I said
with these upgrades do you think it can keep up with ions or some high end guns? Yes you can...but with practice and alot of time invested into testing things with yer marker

If not, feel free to put down your suggestions in upgrades or whatever you feel like saying

Moo, I have to disagree. I know you remember my Esprit and I wouldn't say I "over-modded" it except for the Trinity VA...but it was super fast, extremely LP and very efficient. tenacious.sol...ask Bomberpilot07 about it...he has it now and gets excited every Fri night because he reff's and plays on the weekends.

cr1mson
02-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Definitely depends on what you play. I play strictly woods/scenario. I love my Imagine. I have an ACS bolt, Stickies, and a PMI razzor barrel. No other upgrades for me. I outshoot most other people I play. It is a great gun and is fairly easy to maintain. Most of the ppl I play with use Tippman or Spyder, and like it was said earlier, the person makes the gun, not vice versa. My gun is very accurate, and we play two to the body or one head shot. I always go for the head and most of the time, I strike gold.

DFSniper
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM
for woods all i had was a Whisper (quieter than the trigger clicking) and a Ricochet AK.

Spinal
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
talk about upgrading once you get the gun.

timbertiger20
02-27-2006, 06:55 PM
If you really want an imagine that performs well there's only two people I'd send it to. One is Otter.........who generally has a 6 month delay or to EagleLox who manufacturer's his own parts including the lightest striker/bolt combination. He can tune a gun to perfection.
www.insanepainsports.com
Deluxe Spyder Low Pressure Job
$110.00
You will get a Nightstriker, appropriate main and valve springs. Custom Valve and pin job for better air flow. Open up ASA for air flow. Open up Low Pressure Chamber for larger volume. I will need the marker as well as a low pressure regulator to tune the marker for the best preformance.
He also does eye installs!
This is his imagine.......I'd say the fastest I've ever seen by far!
http://insanepainsports.com/picturesmaterials_files/100_1437_0001.MOV