PDA

View Full Version : Is Paintball Ilegal???

amaro321
02-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I was wondering if paintball was ilegal or prohibited because i wanted to play in the park across my hous cause its really big but i dont want to get arrested or get my gun tooken away. Please reply. thanks.

ad0131065
02-22-2006, 04:13 PM
If it's a public park I would find a diffrent place to play. I don't know if it is illegal or not, but you run the risk of hitting other people who aren't wearing protective gear. <<< Wouldn't want to get in a lawsuit if you accidentally hit someone and they got injured.

Play safe.

shunut
02-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes, I do believe that it is illegal to just play where ever you want, especially on public property. I would never recommend playing in a local neighborhood park. There are too many bad things that could happen, then you'd get in trouble, your gun would be confiscated by the police and paintball would get more bad publicity.

DRAGON
02-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Depends on your local government. Your best bet would be to call your local cop shop and ask them. Weather it is or isn't can be up to locals as well. If they don't call the cops and complain then the cops won't come right? I've been playing at a local park recently and there doesn't seem to be any prob with it at all. There's normally about 30-40 people there every Sunday. It's about a 10-15 acre wooded area and local paintballers have put bunkers and all types of cover in there. Not bad for free -

colonel_moo
02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
illegal or not, if there are people nearby, it would be stupid to play there. if its wooded or in the middle of nowhere where there are no people, its really up to the cops. to be safe, i would avoid playing on public property. even playing on private property, like you woods etc. is extremely dangerous if you dont follow proper safety precautions (barrel covers, masks all the time, playing under 300 fps, etc). the only place thats legitimately safe to play is a properly licensed and insured field. if i were you, i wouldnt play anywhere else.

ooglieboogliebob
02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
.... well .. actually, you can approximately chrono your gun by stepping 100 feet back and shooting at a tree, making it hit the bottom ... Barrel condoms should be on when not playing, as well as masks .. but since your i'm a group .. we take our air equipment out .. when we're done we put on barrel condoms on and walk down the street so ... cops/neighbors won't think it's an open weapon ...

Insurance isn't needed, but just play safe ... and just know that you can't blame it on anyone, since you agreed to play ... it's not someone elses decision to go out and play a sport ...

It's really how you think about it .. i play in my local woods 9/10 times because my local field's ... pretty far to play 1-2 times a week ... as well as expensive, which is why we play every month on a local field. As long as you don't cause any problems which consists of:
shooting houses,
Unsafe Acts,
or even not deep enough in the woods where your playing ... if there is a problem ... then i'd say ... just play at an airball field ...

druid
02-22-2006, 08:39 PM
I think this is a bad move...don't do it yet. I think that you should ask the police Chief from your area. See if you can speak with the chief/sheriff and find out if there is a place in the area you can go (abandonned quarry, etc) and not get hastled by the officers...and that is away from the general public. If he gives you places to go, write them down, his name, his work phone # and keep it with you when you go there. If officers respond, tell them the convo date and time and show them the paper. They will verify it with him.

Voodoo27909
02-22-2006, 10:32 PM
NEVER NEVER EVER play anywhere there is the slightest chance that someone NOT PROTECTED could wander into the field of play!!! This should be a NO BRAINER!!! CONTROLLED enviroments O N L Y guys!!!! I.E., a REGULATED field. Doing otherwise is what is going to cause all of us to loose this sport. Spend the money...play at a designated field!

shunut
02-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Amaro, what type of park is this? Just a local neighborhood part which playgroud equipment and houses surrounding it? Thats what I think of when I think of a public park. Playground, Basketball Courts, Baseball Fields, stuff like that say "Public Park" to me. So please be more specific when you say "Public Part".

bamf-hacker
02-23-2006, 05:44 AM
My very good friend is a police officer and has drawn his gun on people with PB guns just playing around in local parks.

If I was a cop and saw a guy with a MR1 or MR2 I would too.... They don't take the time to look and see the hopper or tank :) and they look pretty realistic.

I would hate for you to get shot (with a bullet) because of PB. Call the local police department and ask them to be sure, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure there are no innocent bystanders (children). If you hurt someone then PB as a whole gets a bad name!!

HacKeR

druid
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
There was a 17 yr old kid housed in my prison facility because he and his 'buddies' decided to do some drive-by's with paintball equipment. The charges were;
*disorderly conduct
*brandishing a weapon without a license
*child not authorised to posess weapons (the state recognizes paintball markers as air rifles/pistols, which carry the same weight as firearms)
*risking a catastrophe or public panic
*aggrevated assault
*assault with a deadly weapon (paintballs were frozen)
*wreckless endangerment
*drug and paraphernalia possession (weed/pipe) and coupled with the miriad of firearms charges, becomes class 2 and 1 Felonies under the Drug Act
*others I can't remember...

you want to risk all that for a game in the public park? go to a registered field or speak with the police chief like I said.

audi
02-23-2006, 10:22 AM
yeah its illeagle to fire any kind of fire arm including airsoft bb or paintball guns in side of city limits. Im preaty sure that fields inside of city limmits have licenses and city aprovals.

ooglieboogliebob
02-23-2006, 12:06 PM
hmm.. well for me .. a police officer lives right down the road ... he sees us everytime we play .. and we give him a friendly hello ... he doesn't seem to care ...

Our neighborhood doesn't really have any troublesome people ... so no one really .. thinks about it

Many people ride ATV's/4wheelers in the woods also .. Nothing ever happens ... since we're always safe ...

DFSniper
02-23-2006, 12:30 PM
its probably the way i've been raised, but im strongly against running around with ANY type of gun (that fires a projectile) in public. actually, about two hours ago my friend and i went around the 'hood to see who was going to play with us next saturday. so we go to this kids house and he tells my friend "wanna go upstairs and pick up your [airsoft] gun?' so we go upstairs to the party room, he get the gun from between 2 matresses and starts loading the magazines (its an assault rifle look-alike!). then when we go downstairs, he takes the gun outside and they start shooting at street & road signs. i'm like WTF because i know the (american) cops are doing patrols because theres always cops driving around at night. so we go to see if this other kid is going, and they start taking turns shooting stuff (plastic BBs) like signs, building walls, and the f@cking WINDOWS of random houses!! i ask them if theyre afraid of getting in trouble by the cops and they tell me "dont worry, they dont care as long as it has the orange tip on the barrel." but theyre all worried about getting caught without helmets when we're riding our boards, and everytime we see a car and cant tell what kind it is, they drop the gun behind the nearest ditch or bush. its people like that that piss me off...

sorry, had to vent, and this seemed like a good thread. my advice is: if youre not 101% sure that its ok, don't do it!

amaro321
02-23-2006, 02:02 PM
hmm.. well for me .. a police officer lives right down the road ... he sees us everytime we play .. and we give him a friendly hello ... he doesn't seem to care ...

Our neighborhood doesn't really have any troublesome people ... so no one really .. thinks about it

Many people ride ATV's/4wheelers in the woods also .. Nothing ever happens ... since we're always safe ...

damn dude where do u live so i can move there free paintball and free dirt tracks:cool: cause once i took my dirt bike to a park (about 10-15 acres) and i guess i got a little excited and hit about 45MPH and it was only on like the 3 gear and a lady stoped me and told me to go deeper into the park so that i would not hurt any pets. i was thinking uhhh HELO you old S.O.A.B! i think i would see a mutha***in dog if i was on a dirt bike im not blind, bich. so i just said ok. and went into the park and about 13 minutes later two park rangers tried to box me in so my reaction was to run! so i hit the throtle but lucky me they let me go with a warning.

amaro321
02-23-2006, 02:03 PM
O and nah i think that ill just wait to play paintball at an appropriate place thanks guys:D

ooglieboogliebob
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
hmm.. that's probably the best idea ... :)

Angel69
02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
is it illegal to play in like ur neighborhood with those soft bullet things? there like velcro or w/e so u can play inside (there for indoor paintballs)

thechubbss12
02-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Well i think i will comment on this only too say that it is totaly up to your local gov on weather it is ok to play on public property were people are present. Fortunatly it is legal for us.. but in doing so we see the responcibility given and choose to pick a spot in the park were that people not playing are not present and were the harm of getting anyone hurt is minimal. If it is legal take advantage of that and do what is right.. be a man about it and keep the sport safe with a clean name, BE CAREFULL.

Recon by Fire
02-26-2006, 10:10 PM
You just cannot simply ask, "is it legal?" The answer will differ from city to city, even in the same state. Example: I can shoot my markers on my property (subdivision) as long as the velocity is under 300 fps. Check with your local authorities or research the local city ordinances and state laws yourself.

splater18
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
yep u gotta check ur local goverment to check just ask ur sherif

oh and never do it around places where prople could get hurt so paintball doesnt get a bad name ok

but relly just stick with ur local field if u r not sure just to be safe

druid
03-03-2006, 08:00 PM
yep...and like for me...
The Crimes Code considers any "implement or article that propells or launches any projectile by expanding gas, spring, string or explosive device, is considered a firearm." City Ordinance is more restrictive than that...to include the projectile as a 'missile' and the term is considered "propulsion of missile." Therefore it is illegal to shoot anything inside the City Limits. However...
I hunt with archery equipment...a PSE compound with a 68lb draw. It launches my carbon arrows 312 fps over my chrono. While practicing in the back yard, (and unknown to me) a patrol car wandered by and stopped to watch. A second unit (the Sgt.) also stopped. My setup was simple...a 40' back yard with a concrete garage at the end...roof-peak at 16' above ground. I used 1/2" plywood to make side barriers around my target area, which consisted of 9 hay bales and the actual target.
About 15 mins of them sitting there, their radios made noise and I stopped shooting and looked over. I asked if they wanted me to stop and the Sgt approached me, looked at my set-up a little closer and said, "nahhhh...yer Ok."
Now, according to the LAW, I shouldn't have been allowed to continue...but simce I took extra precautions to be safe, they let me alone.

I don't look at this ^^^ as a model for you to use, I'm saying that it's totally up to the Law Enforcement in your community.
But to be perfectly honest, I don't see too many of them liking the idea of kids running around with airsoft or paintball equipment...not in the open, anyway. I'd shy away from it.

shunut
03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
According to a lawyer friend of mine a paintball gun is not considered a firearm. He gave me all the details but after he said "A paintball gun cannot be considered a firearem by law" I pretty much stopped listening.

bigred76
03-03-2006, 11:01 PM
It's a "non-lethal firearm" here in California. Also, any "firearm" (this includes non-lethal firearms which include paintball guns) that goes full auto (NXL mode or just full auto), is considered a "machine gun" here. Gofigure.

cov boy
03-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Where i live if i take my gun out somewhere like that i will find the british armed police on my back, and yes head shots do count.

bigred76
03-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, I need to read better. Just read the first post lol. You cannot play on public property, that's their land and you need their permission for one. Two, you are endangering the lives/health/safety of those who are not playing the game.

TL;DR: Yes, it is illegal to play in the park across your street.

DFSniper
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Where i live if i take my gun out somewhere like that i will find the british armed police on my back, and yes head shots do count.
lol, yeah, the british government is going all gung-ho on that gun stuff... i hope germany doesnt go in that direction (they just lowered the gun/paintball marker look-alike ban!)

Druid: one time in texas me and my dad (well, i was only watching) were shooting on of those box targets in our backyard. and somehow my dads finger slipped on the release, and the arrow shot over our fence and hit the side of a trailer (near the bottom, its not like it went throught the wall or anything) ...but of course its texas so no one really made a big deal out of it!

Dr.No
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I live and a small town in w.v. and there are two parks in city limits. One near downtown with lots of "traffic" and another a little further away thats has a disc golf course baseball, basketball and playgrounds, but it mostly wooded area on a big mountain. When the occaisional PB tourny comes to our civic center all the guys go to the less used park to practice (i've heard 50 or more players at a time). They stay a reasonable distance from the hiking and disc trails and play safe. As to my knowledge no one has ever made them leave but i imagine if one of the bike cops was rolling through and saw a bunch of young kids in the middle of a fairway shooting it out they would put a stop to it. The question isnt really is it ilegall. Is it safe for everyone? I would guess if you are playing safely with proper supervision for younger players most cops wont mind, though i dont think that would make the park board liable for injury/damages. Firearms or vandalism, im sure they can make it a crime anywhere if they want you to stop.
I was thinking about contacting the local park board to see if there is anyway to go about getting a field set up. If I could get some local buisiness to sponser for like the netting, setting up some permanent bunkers and some play at your own risk signs then couldnt it be used like one of the baseball fields or whatever.

Recon by Fire
03-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Once again, don't listen to anybody online. Check your local ordnances. The answer to all of these questions vary by both city and state laws, there is no correct answer for all.

Alex228
03-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey I thought I would post this because it may answer your question. I live in a city called Lake Mary which is in Florida. I live in a complex of houses. If you keep going down the road there you got the end of the road which ends with trees. About 2 acres of trees. I was out one day shooting a tree there to test my new barrels accuracy and a cop came over to me and my friend and started giving us problems. He wrote our names down and said its not allowed. My firend actually went to the court couse and the checked with the district and asked cops to get this info. There is no US law that says paintball markers are not allowed. For Florida, there is no state law that states that either. There is no county law that says that either. But apparently there is a city law that says no "Air Guns" allowed. Now the word Air Gun has not been defined because as you guys know a term is not defined until it is actually tried. So its kind of iffy. But!! There is no law that says it is not allowed outside of city limits. Well where my friend lives since its a new apartment complex, the city does not count that as within city limits. I would says find out where your city limits are. And also find out if there is a city law for that. As for me, even though I despise cops, I do not want to get in their bad side so no more tree shooting for me. But if I wanted to I could could do my friends house and shoot some treets there.:)

cov boy
03-12-2006, 12:17 PM
only in the usa would they let people walk around with air powered guns and say its o.k............THE RIGHT TOO BARE ARMS

****ed up if you ask me....why would you want too play paintball somewhere were someone could get hurt? thats why they build sites for us to play on.

i would get jail time if the police saw me shootting my gun in the park, and there right to do so, its what makes us british better then you yanks....sorry but you know im right.....

100% safer on are streets.....better policing

Parks are for kids and you are putting there life at risk if you play paintball around them. my 4 year son plays in my local park and if some kid shoot him with a paintball he better hope the police find him before i do..

Play safe.....paintball has a bad name as it is...

Recon by Fire
03-12-2006, 07:53 PM
only in the usa would they let people walk around with air powered guns and say its o.k............THE RIGHT TOO BARE ARMS

i would get jail time if the police saw me shootting my gun in the park, and there right to do so, its what makes us british better then you yanks....sorry but you know im right.....

Our Second Amendment has nothing to do with paintball. And just a bit pretentious aren't you? You couldn't pay me enough to live in the UK, sorry.

druid
03-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cov boy

Our Second Amendment has nothing to do with paintball. And just a bit pretentious aren't you? You couldn't pay me enough to live in the UK, sorry.

I guess that "only in the U.S.A." ...where we have "The Right TO KEEP and BEAR Arms"....has nothing to do with paintball...and at least we have the ability to spell and structure sentences properly.

...and I've been to England...nothing special there....London, Bristol, farmland and swamps. Oh, but Harrod's was nice :eyeroll:....oh yeah...and it's so nice of the Monarchy to send your Olympic Shooting Team to France...since their guns are outlawed....

bigred76
03-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey guys, chill.

Cov boy, as an American that is educated, I must ask you politely to retract your statements. I can walk around with an airsoft (spring operated) in my back yard because it's secluded (noone can see it) and it is clear so everyone that sees it knows that it isn't a real firearm.

Now, if I were to shoot that same gun in the park a block away from me, I would get caught and booked in 30 minutes. Then I'd get one phone call and then I get thrown in Juvenile Hall until my parents bail me out. So explain this to me, how is it that your law system is better? I'm sorry, but it is beyond my comprehension. Don't even get me started on your health care systems, or rather, what you consider "health care."

TL;DR: British aren't better than Americans, we're all human and thus equal. This isn't the 1700's anymore people. :rolleyes:

druid
03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
fine...I just have a real problem when somone doesn't know what they are talking about...nor can they spell it...and then condemn my home while they sit in a country that's just shy of Communist. I'm done and off my soap-box.

cov boy
03-13-2006, 04:05 PM
People in USA are stupid and fat! By the way, is anyone selling "USA flag" toilet paper anywhere?

Here are good reasons to hate USA and yanks!

'America' is equal to USA! Yeah, sure!
Anti-crypt campaign
Barney
"Bigger is better" hystery
Comics Code
Communist persecutions
Constant trivial laughter and "wow", "yeah", "yipe" etc.
Destruction of the native american culture
Disney, disneylands, sissy disney tv shows and movies etc.
Dollars and "you can have and do anything if you have money"
50% of yanks believe that 20% of their budget goes to developing countries! (Actually, this is true, only it's more than 20% - soldiers, depleted uranium bullets, missiles, bombs, CIA operations, propaganda, training of future terrorists, etc...)
Fundamentalist christians and other religious crackpots
Hollywood movies
Hypocrites: they go to church because everyone else does, they don't really know anything about their stupid religion...
Hysteric attitude
Internet censorship
Marvel comics
McDonalds and other **** food chains
National anthem, it's so stupid! Even russians have a much better one!
Nirvana (that lousy band)
Nuclear weapons
O.J.Simpson "trial"
PC, bill gates and micro$oft
Political system with two parties; just like in the ex-Soviet Union, only worse
Pollution of air, water, earth and everything
Power rangers
Ragdoll and persian cats, they are sick perversions of nature, spoiled by yanks
Rodeo - torturing animals
Stupid AOL yank kids trashing the net
Swimming pools everywhere - horrible waste of water and energy
T$R, now known as Wizards of the Cost
The amount of garbage they create
Their "Music"
Their "culture"
Their "education"
Their average IQ approaches their shoe size (in US units).
Their fake Santa Claus and his "elves" (they should be gnomes, not elves, and they do not wear green clothes, and none of them lives at the North Pole!)
Their gun policy, and NRA---what a joke---let them take themselfs out
Their prisons and "law" system
Their racism
Their stupid sex scandals which somehow lead to bombing poor countries' hospitals etc.
Their stupid sex scandals, as if anyone was interested with how many blow jobs their president gets.
They always grin and show all their plastic teeth out!
They stick their noses in other people's business - but only if there is something to gain, like oil! World police, yeah sure! What about East Timor?
They think their country is the biggest (Russia is :)
They think their country is in the center of the world, while the truth is, that Europe is in the center.
They use half of the world's energy!
"Throwaway-culture" - use something once and throw it away (like their brains? No, can't be - they never use their brains.)
US "Army"
US-ASCII instead of ISO
"USA is the only country in the world" -attitude
USA is the source of most satan worshipping in the world!!!!!!
Filthy stinking yanks never remove their shoes indoors.
They take a bath but they never wash themselves properly, they STINK.
George W. Bush.
Rejection of Kyoto agreement. Let's see what you do when New York goes underwater, due melting polar ice.
Monitoring all tele- and datacommunications. (Fortunately, here in Europe, we have better encryption system than yanks.)
Medieval measuring units such as inches and yards. Hey, it's the 21st century now! Ever heard of science and scientific standards?
Starship Troopers movie, the repulsive macho military US Army commercial flick.
Yanks mutilate the *****es of most of their male babies. "For medical reasons", "if we don't, he will be teased by the other children in the changing rooms", "I was circumcised and I'm just fine!", "it prevents masturbation", "it's hygienic", "I want my boy to look like me".
They claim to be "One Nation Under GodŽ", but fail to notice that even their flag contains occult symbols of satan, pentagrams!

Don't like? do i care?

We are the best

"NHS is ****" yeah right

QAZ123
03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Haven't you been banned once before?

JB.

cov boy
03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Not yet,

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
People in USA are stupid and fat! By the way, is anyone selling "USA flag" toilet paper anywhere?

Here are good reasons to hate USA and yanks!

'America' is equal to USA! Yeah, sure!
Anti-crypt campaign
Barney
"Bigger is better" hystery
Comics Code
Communist persecutions
Constant trivial laughter and "wow", "yeah", "yipe" etc.
Destruction of the native american culture
Disney, disneylands, sissy disney tv shows and movies etc.
Dollars and "you can have and do anything if you have money"
50% of yanks believe that 20% of their budget goes to developing countries! (Actually, this is true, only it's more than 20% - soldiers, depleted uranium bullets, missiles, bombs, CIA operations, propaganda, training of future terrorists, etc...)
Fundamentalist christians and other religious crackpots
Hollywood movies
Hypocrites: they go to church because everyone else does, they don't really know anything about their stupid religion...
Hysteric attitude
Internet censorship
Marvel comics
McDonalds and other **** food chains
National anthem, it's so stupid! Even russians have a much better one!
Nirvana (that lousy band)
Nuclear weapons
O.J.Simpson "trial"
PC, bill gates and micro$oft
Political system with two parties; just like in the ex-Soviet Union, only worse
Pollution of air, water, earth and everything
Power rangers
Ragdoll and persian cats, they are sick perversions of nature, spoiled by yanks
Rodeo - torturing animals
Stupid AOL yank kids trashing the net
Swimming pools everywhere - horrible waste of water and energy
T$R, now known as Wizards of the Cost
The amount of garbage they create
Their "Music"
Their "culture"
Their "education"
Their average IQ approaches their shoe size (in US units).
Their fake Santa Claus and his "elves" (they should be gnomes, not elves, and they do not wear green clothes, and none of them lives at the North Pole!)
Their gun policy, and NRA---what a joke---let them take themselfs out
Their prisons and "law" system
Their racism
Their stupid sex scandals which somehow lead to bombing poor countries' hospitals etc.
Their stupid sex scandals, as if anyone was interested with how many blow jobs their president gets.
They always grin and show all their plastic teeth out!
They stick their noses in other people's business - but only if there is something to gain, like oil! World police, yeah sure! What about East Timor?
They think their country is the biggest (Russia is :)
They think their country is in the center of the world, while the truth is, that Europe is in the center.
They use half of the world's energy!
"Throwaway-culture" - use something once and throw it away (like their brains? No, can't be - they never use their brains.)
US "Army"
US-ASCII instead of ISO
"USA is the only country in the world" -attitude
USA is the source of most satan worshipping in the world!!!!!!
Filthy stinking yanks never remove their shoes indoors.
They take a bath but they never wash themselves properly, they STINK.
George W. Bush.
Rejection of Kyoto agreement. Let's see what you do when New York goes underwater, due melting polar ice.
Monitoring all tele- and datacommunications. (Fortunately, here in Europe, we have better encryption system than yanks.)
Medieval measuring units such as inches and yards. Hey, it's the 21st century now! Ever heard of science and scientific standards?
Starship Troopers movie, the repulsive macho military US Army commercial flick.
Yanks mutilate the *****es of most of their male babies. "For medical reasons", "if we don't, he will be teased by the other children in the changing rooms", "I was circumcised and I'm just fine!", "it prevents masturbation", "it's hygienic", "I want my boy to look like me".
They claim to be "One Nation Under GodŽ", but fail to notice that even their flag contains occult symbols of satan, pentagrams!

Don't like? do i care?

We are the best

"NHS is ****" yeah right

a lot of your information is very bias ... and some of it's inappropriate too ... if you have such hate for the USA or americans ... you have racial discrimination against other people .. which makes you no better than any other.

Sorry, but im not complaining about the US, but i have lived here my whole life, i am a legal citizen, but my parents arn't. Just drop that hateful act .. it's meaningless

cov boy
03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
i'm a good person, i dont go around making racial comments all the time.

its just that when people start taking the piss out of the uk (and i didnt start it) i feel i need to stick up for my people, i dont hate anyone, its a free world to all, but the u.s people do think there better at everything and there not...Fact

I'M OUT................

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
that again is bias ... for some reason most people base the US as rich heads .. and all living great and crap ... actually look into it .. there's a lot of starving, hardworking, suffering, or people in debt. Your just probably thinking about a little of the population ...

But i do believe you started it when you started to comment about our 2nd ammendment ... The ammendment is pretty misleading if you only read the title and not read INTO it. There are many obstacles to run across before this actually takes affect

cov boy
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
ok. i will stop it now..

nuf said

druid
03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I knew you couldn't let it rest...

...funny how everyone comes running to the US for help when they are getting the tails bombed into the stone age....then during general peace time, the US is such a bad place...

...we are tired of getting the inferior countries out of trouble and contrary to what the President says, we don't want to be the world's police department.

If it weren't for us, your little island would have sunk into the ocean during WWII.

Now Im done.

UKwithPride
03-13-2006, 10:05 PM
sHUT tHE **** uP

bigred76
03-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Ignore Druid, he's a bit tempermental. :rolleyes: I have to agree with Bob tho, I would not normally rag on someone's country unless they asked for it (as in this case) or if I was joking (we have a lot of racist jokes in my group of friends about any and all races... alot of them are pretty damn funny lol). But now, I think we should just let this thread die. All sides have said their piece, and the only thing left to do about it is argue and argue, but that isn't the point of this forum; it's for paintballers to talk about our sport.

Recon by Fire
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Nobody was bashing the UK when Cov Boy chimed in with that utter nonsense, content and grammaticly speaking! Where is my ignore button?

cov boy
03-14-2006, 02:34 AM
DON'T GET ME STARTED ON WORLD WAR II

America is self glorifying?
I would rarely consider this a point of hatred, but it is enough to cause many Europeans to verbally attack USA over its own opinion on its activities during World War 2. People curse, shout and argue at great lengths with seemingly unmovable Americans, and complain bitterly that America's late arrival in the war is not something they should boast about.

It continues, for example, in the film Saving Private Ryan (based on a true story of a British expedition to rescue British prisoners), where an all-American ground force takes on Germany; whereas America sent very few soldiers into war. America only began to send men into the war against Japan after Pearl Harbour, and the numbers and aid that America put into the world are pale in comparison to the massive war efforts conducted by Russia (who crushed Germany with 20 millions of ground troops), France (for its bitter, endless and determined self defence) and the UK. The UK's air force and special forces were consistently very brave and effective (even though some of ground invasions of Germen held territory were ludicrously ill fated).

America did supply vast amounts of material goods, but it did not throw itself, or its soldiers, into combat wholeheartedly. America's most consistent aid was against the Japanese, and not until Japan attacked America directly, and even then America eventually resorted to the massively indiscriminate nuclear bombs rather than "waste" men on resolute Japan.

The USA appears to be very self-glorifying, and there are multiple generations in the UK, France and Europe who upset and angry at America's rewriting of history. Russia's men, France's entire population, and UK's air force, were the principal opponents of Germany, aided by American equipment (which for example was loaned and leased to the USSR, not merely given), for which the allies were grateful, but not tricked that the USA did not have its own interests at heart, like all countries in the ideologically-charged political atmosphere of the time. USAs entry to the war was forced, not chosen, their motives were self-defence not world-wide good such as was the case with UK, and their effort was slow and half-hearted, public opinion only turned in favour of the war at a very late date.

"In his war memoirs Churchill boasted that only in July 1944 did the British Empire yield to the United States in the number of divisions engaging the enemy.The British and the American effort was dwarfed by the Soviets, who were then engaging about 70 per cent of all German divisions, something Churchill neglected entirely to mention."

There is an element of misunderstanding here, as Europeans consider World War 2 to be principally France, Europe, UK (with late American aid), Russia versus Germany, mostly forgetting about Japan. Whereas many American's will rightly remember Pearl Harbour and the Japanese more prominently, and probably give the combat in the Indonesian islands and the Pacific more importance than Europeans do.

Country Casualties
Russia 20 000 000
China 10 000 000 to 15 000 000
Germany & Japan 6 500 000 inc. 1 000 000 German civilians
Bengal 1 500 000 (mostly indirect in 1943)
Yugoslavia 1 300 000
Britain + colonials 620 000
Italy 500 000
France 500 000
Hungary 350 000 approx.
Poland 350 000 approx.
Romania 350 000 approx.
United States 300 000

Don't try and tell me that i don't know im talking about, because my army means more to me then you would ever think........

druid
03-14-2006, 11:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/sigs%20and%20avatars/Allhailcaptobvious.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/sigs%20and%20avatars/sign_thistopicsucks.gif

vikingshadow
03-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Ok, I haven't read this thread since it was actually about playing paintball in a park and whether it was legal or not.

That's absolutely enough from everyone - Yanks and otherwise (I'd say Brits, but I don't know where you're from for sure. I mean it. Americans, people don't like us. What do we care? We're loud, we're obnoxious and so on.... Europeans - puhlease - don't throw the "holier than thou" out there. Your own history is bloody, cruel, uncaring and ruthless (by about 1000 years longer than our own) so no country is innocent.

If I see ONE MORE POST that isn't on topic in this thread - I will ban that person and the person who posts above it and below it. Grow up and realize that this is the kind of attitudes that are worthless in the world and causing all the crap to hit the fan....sheesh!

cov boy
03-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry if i got carried away on this, you will not hear anything from me about it again...

Back on topic: Best thing you can do is just look up your local law and phone the police about it.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

vikingshadow
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
You have the right to say anything you want. No one can fault you for that. However, you must expect to get it right back - especially when 95 percent of this forums are proud Americans. ;) Of course, the same goes for us when we mouth off about our neighbors! Remember the "Bash Canada" months about a year or so ago??? :D

Now, let's put all this hostility behind us, shake hands and get back to the business at hand!

My advice in this thread is to just call your local cop shop. They'll be able to tell you one way or the other! Personally, I wouldn't go that far. If there's even a remote chance someone could get hurt, no way, Jose'!

DFSniper
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
vike, just let me say one more thing about the whole UK vs. America thing: cov, when you said you didnt start it and if you thought i did, i can understand that. one thing that you probably dont know about me is that i'm a German citizen and i'm 17 and lived in the US for more than half my life, and i didnt intend for it to be a "US is better than Britain" thing, and those were just my personal views on gun control laws.

another thing that no one has mentioned is that the second amendment states: "the right to keep and bear arm in order to sustain a militia" which is why the NRA has NEVER used the second amendment in any court case.

back on topic: yeah, play it safe and contact the police department and your city council before you try anything.

cov boy
03-14-2006, 12:37 PM
So who want to give me a big KISS????? (:

Your right, if some how someone could get hurt then just dont do it, lets try not to give paintballing more of a bad name.
The police here are just not sure how they feel about it, because its still a firearm, so it would only take some silly kid to get it banned

snotrules
03-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't think I would ever play in a public park, it pretty much means that the cops can do whatever they feel like at the time. I was playing in a woods across from a public park, and a cop stopped and harassed us until the owner told him he gave us permission (which we told the cop three times)

p.s.Actually it's "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

UKwithPride
03-15-2006, 12:30 AM
We use to play in a public park, had to hike way into the back to get to it though, so know one ever came back there.

Prospekt
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Wait...there was a bash Canada month a while back? What did we do!

vikingshadow
05-16-2006, 05:26 PM
LOL - Night of the Living Dead Thread!

Oh, it was sort of the "fun thing" to bash Canada about a year or two ago, mainly poking fun at some of our Canadian neighbors. Nothing personal, just guys talking...having to pick on someone. It's because you guys are always drinking that beer and playing with the moosies...;)

bamf-hacker
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
LOL - Night of the Living Dead Thread!

Vike that made me laugh out loud :) I am going to use your quote on all re-incarnated posts

HacKeR