PDA

View Full Version : next gun?

LostCause
04-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Well im thinking of upgrading my gun this summer, since I want a better tourny gun.

Choices are:
Bob Long Protege
Proto PM7
Inver Mini
Shocker NXT

And does anybody have any +'s or -'s for any of these guns, prolly would get a PM7 or the Protege, just looking at the ohter guns too.

DFSniper
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM
never shot any of them, but i've always had a soft spot for shockers. the only SP gun i've ever liked.

tater_salad
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I like Protege's.

Hossy
04-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Unless you have small hands, or like your gun to be tiny, then id keep the Mini in that list.

Proteges are nice, but i dont like the Milling all that much. They are a BL gun, and they have the best customer service in the industry.
Pm7s are basically the more mid range gun of the DM series. Its a good gun, low price tag, but really id take the Pm6 over it, and save yourself some dinero.
NXTs are nice, but there have been alot of cases of FSDO with them, but any spool will have that. If you put some ups into it, it will shoot well, stock ones are sometimes iffy.

marvin-martian
04-25-2008, 07:12 PM
borg
/thread

bigred76
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks Marv. :)

Ace24
04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Eh... I'm not a huge Protege fan to be honest. I like the Vice better. But it's pretty close between the PM7 and the Protege for me.

I say the Matrix for the long run... mainly because it looks better and I have more experience with on than I do with the Protege. I haven't held or shot one, or the Vice yet, so I can't give a good response on it.

The Mini's are GREAT guns. In the PMR vs Mini area, I'd take a Mini. But to be honest, I'd take my ION over both of those.

Don't like NXT's. At all... only one I've ever liked a little is the RL one.

SpyderMan723
04-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Im with DF. Shocker ftw

HelpDeskHustler
04-26-2008, 07:36 AM
if you end up wanting a protege talk to me.

LostCause
04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
alirght, and I do hve small hands (make a great medic when in the army if i enlisted lol :D, maybe a sorugon...nah..) and i have shot a Timy before, but it was just a Empire , so i dont know about the protege feel, thwe shocker i have been in love with for ever plus one since i first tested it from a friend. and the pm7 just looks nice, shoots ropes i have seen...and been on the end of those ropes :D not enough money for a borg, though would gladly take one off anybobys hands.

Thanks for all the answers, since i dont really want to put more ups in my ACS, lol.

xsvly-fat
04-26-2008, 01:38 PM
i liked my mini theyre small so if you play front or something like that then its a good gun. from what ive heard the protege sounds good but ive never shot one so i cant say, i really liked my gz (it was quite, pretty fast, and efficient). ive used and sft and i got to dry fire an nxt, i liked both but they are gas hogs and they are unreliable from what ive heard (unless properly taken care of like everything else). i dont hear that much about pm7s however i liked my pmr except that the efficence is horrible (i only got about 1 hopper and 2 pods off of a 3000 tank) how ever its fast and accurate

Paintballer5000
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
they are all great guns and hard to choose. just choose the gun based on performance.

king-man
04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
umm, what else do you buy a gun by? besides if it is butt ugly, which not many guns come to mind that are

Ace24
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
umm, what else do you buy a gun by? besides if it is butt ugly, which not many guns come to mind that are

Ugly? Impulses, Nerves, Thresholds, older Angels, Tippmann 98 Customs, PM8's, EM1's... there are plenty of them out there... it'd take me too long to type them all though.

xsvly-fat
04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
well ugly is mainly an opinion thing i like the pm8s and thresholds

LostCause
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and i think its narrowed down to the pm7, BL, and the shocker.....

xsvly-fat
04-28-2008, 03:50 PM
well i would get the protege then. its an open bodied marker so its very easy to clean and they have a good resale value so if you dont like it you could sell it and buy an nxt or pm7

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
:D i have one I need to sell!

LostCause
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
lol, well after my car accident, jr prom, and dinner with a girl i like (just ended a realtionship with a gf for 3 years.) i dont have much money. though does anybody know about the g3

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=J6p4mA8GCLh4pEccfDi4MAWgL4e9UY63JH8=?Pro ductID=ulfAqArbUUEAAAEZoVt8NYbJ

91gmc
05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
pm7 if not the shocker

DFSniper
05-07-2008, 09:14 AM
lol, well after my car accident, jr prom, and dinner with a girl i like (just ended a realtionship with a gf for 3 years.) i dont have much money. though does anybody know about the g3

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=J6p4mA8GCLh4pEccfDi4MAWgL4e9UY63JH8=?Pro ductID=ulfAqArbUUEAAAEZoVt8NYbJ

halfbacked mini. 'nuff said. i've seen them side by side, and theres not much real difference. i shot a mini a few weeks back and loved it. i'd save some money and buy a used mini.

VS3 Sniper
05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
I have owned/shot all of the markers u listed execpt for the mini.

Here are the choices in the order I would choose them.

Protege (I have a vice and a protege is pretty much a vice w/ different milling. I HIGHLY reccomend this one)

Pm7(I have a Pm6 right now and I like it. This would be my second choice tho.)

NXT (I didn't really like the nxt I had. But I know of several ppl that love them.)

Mini (I put this gun in last place because I have never shot it. So idk how good they are.)

With all that being said if I were u I would find and 06 or 07 borg or an 04 viking(I have one right now and I love it).

pm me if u have any more questions.

bigred76
05-07-2008, 11:04 AM
:yeahthat: Deff get a Borg or Viking. For the price, you CANNOT beat them. ;)

LostCause
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
i was looking at it and i could prolly get a 06, so idk....still thinking about it...or the murder inc protege :D

LostCause
05-08-2008, 05:53 PM
one of muddys old vids made me think about a 04 vike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IKaepuX3A&NR=1

nastystankweed
05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I got a pm8 its beautiful and performs excelently, I absolutly love it. Some of my teamates used to shoot minis, I hate them they are really loud and I think that they kick and are super uncomfortable. Nxt's are a pain and Ive never shot a protege. I would go with the pm7 if it is like the m8.

xsvly-fat
05-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I got a pm8 its beautiful and performs excelently, I absolutly love it. Some of my teamates used to shoot minis, I hate them they are really loud and I think that they kick and are super uncomfortable. Nxt's are a pain and Ive never shot a protege. I would go with the pm7 if it is like the m8.

What are you talking about? I've owned a Mini, it has no kick at all and it's not loud, to me they feel very comfortable. Why don't you like the Nxt, they are a very good marker except for clean and changing the modes.

Edit: I like your avatar.

nastystankweed
05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I just really dont like the area that is between the trigger guard and the front grip(where the board is) really uncomfortable shape, I think. My friends old mini kicked more then his ego, but thats the way I see it so you might like it or feal it differently. The shockers shoot nice but cleaning it (ive heard and seen) is a total pain in the butt.

Thanks XSVLY-FAT yours is pretty sweet too (XSV)

xsvly-fat
05-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah if you have big hands the Mini isn't that good but if you tech it right then they shoot really nice. I used my friends Nxt so I didn't clean it but he said it harder to clean then the Mini.