PDA

View Full Version : VS3 issues can somebody help me?

CBheatly
04-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I recently purchased a VS3 with rocking trigger. I upgraded it with a VS2 trigger
frame and tadao board. It's a brand new gun and I am already having problems with it. Cut and dry the bolt won't stay cocked when I start shooting fast. It's happened with the rocking trigger and the VS2 trigger. I have asked a few people about the problem and they say it is the sear whatever that is. I have oiled the stryker O-ring. So I know that's good. Can anyone help me? I just purchased a PMR and I am giving this Spyder to my friends kid, so I would like for it to function properly when he uses it. Thanks in advance for any help?

CBHeatly AKA: War Machine.

king-man
04-25-2008, 04:06 AM
It's new, thats the problem, the reg isnt broke in yet.

deano 177
04-25-2008, 04:35 AM
What pressure are you running at? I think kingman is pretty dead on with his diagnosis. I think I had to run mine close to 300 psi for the first 4-6k balls. You might want to change the striker o-ring anyway. Mine looked fine and was oiled up good but would miss a cock after about 5 rapid fire shots even with it a 300+ psi. Once I changed it, I was able to lower the psi back down to 250ish and rip without any issues. But mine is broke in, too. I don't know much about sear issues but I would think that if you can shoot slowly and not have any problems then it probably isn't damaged.

Do you have a 800 psi or a 400 psi regulator on your tank? If it is lp that may give you some recharging issues.

CBheatly
04-26-2008, 02:51 PM
You guys were exactly right I set the pressure at 300, ramped it, took it to the back yard and it ripped. Scared the Sh** out of my dog. My little Shcnauzer Max is shaking now. Thanks for the help.:D